Czech Republic: Czech prospects thread

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Looks like Bartošák is really making some noise around himself with his play in WHL. His chances for WJC team are going up qiuckly right now imo.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
I realise he's not technically Czech, but what does Nathan Walker on Vitkovice look like? I'll admit I'm more interested for the novelty of a duel British/Australian playing in the Czech league, but is his play any good that a team might take a chance with him in a late round in 2012?

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Did Pavelka leave Niagara?

No, doesn't look like it according to the roster on their website. Seems like he's sharing starts with the other two goaltenders (Visentin and Festarini) so far, each netminder starting in the same number of games (except Festarini who has played one game fewer).

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
No, doesn't look like it according to the roster on their website. Seems like he's sharing starts with the other two goaltenders (Visentin and Festarini) so far, each netminder starting in the same number of games (except Festarini who has played one game fewer).

Festarini just came in though and Pavelka hasn't dressed since he was aquired, might be it for him, and he hasn't proved he should stay in the games he did play.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Festarini just came in though and Pavelka hasn't dressed since he was aquired, might be it for him, and he hasn't proved he should stay in the games he did play.

Oh right, didn't know that, thanks for the info. Where do you reckon he might head?

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Do any Slavia fans (or even fans who regularly follow Slavia games in the Extraliga) know what's up with Jaskin? 12 games played (seems he's been left out of four) and he's recorded just a single assist......

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Looks like Bartošák is really making some noise around himself with his play in WHL. His chances for WJC team are going up qiuckly right now imo.

That's good news. So that makes it Honzik, Machovsky, Galansky, (Mrazek), Will, Kral, Kasik fighting for the goaltending position.

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
Do any Slavia fans (or even fans who regularly follow Slavia games in the Extraliga) know what's up with Jaskin? 12 games played (seems he's been left out of four) and he's recorded just a single assist......

His confidence is shot to pieces, and there was a lot of pressure on him at the start of the season to produce after his great playoff performances for Slavia.

It doesn't help when Slavia have arguably the worst crop of forwards in the Extraliga.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
His confidence is shot to pieces, and there was a lot of pressure on him at the start of the season to produce after his great playoff performances for Slavia.

It doesn't help when Slavia have arguably the worst crop of forwards in the Extraliga.

Thanks for the info. That's not good, hopefully he can re-find his confidence before the WJC. Perhaps Ruzicka should send him down to the 1. Liga for a little while so he can try and find his scoring touch again.

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
Thanks for the info. That's not good, hopefully he can re-find his confidence before the WJC. Perhaps Ruzicka should send him down to the 1. Liga for a little while so he can try and find his scoring touch again.

It may be smart... Ruzicka sent Dominik Furch down to the 1.liga at the start of the sesaon after he didn't really get a shot behind Kopriva and Slipcenko last year, and now Furch has come back from paying his dues in the 1.liga, has got two shutouts and five straight starts with Slavia.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Matej Beran, Petr Sidlík, Michal Plutnar, Richard Zehnal, Ondrej Zehnal, Adam Chlapik and overagers Tomas Pavelka, Patrik Bartosak, Tomaš Hyka... May anyone tell me what chances do these guys have on draft right now? thank you

Last edited:

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Matej Beran, Petr Sidlík, Michal Plutnar, Richard Zehnal, Ondrej Zehnal, Adam Chlapik and overagers Tomas Pavelka, Patrik Bartosak, Tomaš Hyka... May anyone tell me what chances do these guys have on draft right now? thank you

Plutnar will be very probably drafted, I like his upside. Sidlik has little(zero for me actually) NHL upside and I would ve very surprised seeing him drafted. Beran´s stats looks pretty well but I have never been impressed.
Bartosak and Hyka could be later round picks. I liked Pavelka last season but tough to say, his +/- are very bad.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Plutnar will be very probably drafted, I like his upside. Sidlik has little(zero for me actually) NHL upside and I would ve very surprised seeing him drafted. Beran´s stats looks pretty well but I have never been impressed.
Bartosak and Hyka could be later round picks. I liked Pavelka last season but tough to say, his +/- are very bad.

Thank you very much for this info ;)

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Pavelka was delt to Windsor but still hasn't dressed since he was acquired on Nov 2nd, Windsor has played three games since that date.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
So which Czech players get drafted this year? Frk, Faska, Machac, Plutnar, Hertl, Bartosak, Hyka, Beran, Volek and Sidlik? Have no idea about anyone playing in the Czech league except for Hertl and that Aussie guy. Anyone else likely to go from there?

Eyelanders

Jan 9, 2011
Has anyone seen Jan Mandat playing? He´s a 15-years-old forward who is eligible for the 2014 NHL Draft due to his late birthday (18.11.1995). I have never seen Mandat playing, but his stats look pretty good so far this season; 9+15 in 19 games. He has also played for Czech Republic´s U16 team, so he seems to have some talent.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Czechs in CSS preliminary ranking of 2012 NHL draft:

OHL
04. Radek Faksa

QMJHL
02. Martin Frk
10. Tomáš Hyka
13. Matěj Beran
14. Petr Šidlík

WHL
15. Dominik Volek
16. Michal Plutnar
-----
03. Patrik Bartošák

Czech Republic
01. Tomáš Hertl
02. Jakub Ižacký
03. Erik Němec
04. Aleš Kilnar
05. Radim Matuš
07. Petr Koblasa
08. Richard Nejezchleb
09. Martin Procházka
10. Adam Hawlík
11. Ronald Knot
12. Ondřej Slováček
13. Matěj Zadražil
14. Vojtěch Tomeček
15. Vítězslav Pelc
16. Jan Bittner
17. Karel Plášil
18. Pavel Písařík
19. Martin Matějček
20. Petr Zámorský
-----
01. Marek Langhamer
02. Patrik Polívka
03. Daniel Chvostek

Russia
38. Jiří Sekáč
39. Lukáš Chalupa

Slovakia
02. Jan Salák

joey16

Dec 27, 2010

I guess Hyka, Stránský and Nedomlel should be locked too. But of course you never know. I also hope Faksa and Nosek will make the team. Anyway, I like this team. I guess it should be one of the best in past few years. Defense will be an issue though.

Btw. does anybody know when Frk will be ready to play?

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I guess Hyka, Stránský and Nedomlel should be locked too. But of course you never know. I also hope Faksa and Nosek will make the team. Anyway, I like this team. I guess it should be one of the best in past few years. Defense will be an issue though.

I think he should be back before end of November, but it's not confirmed.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
I think he should be back before end of November, but it's not confirmed.

Well, I hope for it. I´ve kinda started to worried about him. If he isn´t healthy for WJC it will be a big loss for us.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Here are some vids I found on Faksa. He's having quite ok rookie season so far.

(3:30)

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009

Stransky won´t be there for sure, same case as Petr Mrazek.
Nedomlel isn´t lock at all but I hope he will be there.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
What about this line-up:

Mrazek, Machovsky, Kasik
In case Mrazek won´t be there either Honzik or Will
In reality if Mrazek isn´t there, Tomas Kral will serve as third goalie...
Musil-Pavlik
Krejci-Nedomlel
Jank-Zamorsky
7th D Hrbas(Mozik, Valenta)
Jaskin-Hertl-Frk
Pribyl-Nosek-Holik
Faksa-Culek-Straka
Uher-Sedlak-Sekac
13th F Filippi(Fort, Vachovec)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad