Czech Republic: Czech prospects thread

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Tomáš Pastor and Adam Sedlák are coming back from NA to Vitkovice. Will be interesting to see how they'll do. Pastor could even make it to WJC if he played good. They will probably spend a lot of time in 1. liga though. I really like what Vitkovice are doing, they have great young team and they've developed many good players recently - Sedlak, Polasek, Mrazek, Kana, Voracek T., Roman, Palat etc... more than any other franchise.

Yeah, I´m really looking forward to see them play here. Anyway, I don´t know if it was mentioned here before but also Antonin Honejsek and Jaroslav Vlach are coming back, I´m excited especially about Honejsek, I really liked his performance at WJC.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Roman Horak + picks traded to Calgary for Tim Erixon. Quite bad news for Kundratek, it'll be more tough now to make NYR roster for him.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
they can improve in some aspects of the game like skating or shot but player either has hockey sense or not.

What is it with almost all czech prospects not being able to skate properly? I mean, come on, this is something every guy who wants to become a hockey player should be able to do very well. Even before he is given a hockey stick perhaps. Is it cos we don't teach them properly? Or that we simply don't see it as an important part of the players development as a hockey player? It's frustrating cos it just seems like such a stupid thing to not be able to do properly or teach.........

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
6 clubs earned youth hockey academy status for the next season in new project of CSLH for development, mentioned earlier in this thread. It's HC Karlovy Vary, HC Liberec, HC Pardubice, HC Sparta Praha, HC Vítkovice and KLH Chomutov. Let's hope this whole thing works out well in the future :handclap:

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
6 clubs earned youth hockey academy status for the next season in new project of CSLH for development, mentioned earlier in this thread. It's HC Karlovy Vary, HC Liberec, HC Pardubice, HC Sparta Praha, HC Vítkovice and KLH Chomutov. Let's hope this whole thing works out well in the future :handclap:

Hope this new system works out, the system seems to work fine in Sweden. You should also steal the system with hockey consulents, seems to have been a succes in Sweden. It is basicly 12 guys that are responsible for their own district. There they visit every club and give advice how the players should train and so on. They also work kind of like scouts for the national teams since they got to see a lot of players in their own district.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Hope this new system works out, the system seems to work fine in Sweden. You should also steal the system with hockey consulents, seems to have been a succes in Sweden. It is basicly 12 guys that are responsible for their own district. There they visit every club and give advice how the players should train and so on. They also work kind of like scouts for the national teams since they got to see a lot of players in their own district.

I think something like that was already started this past season. And they are going to have 3 of their own coaches (paid by CSLH) in every of these 6 clubs (1 for every U16, U18 and U20 team). They are supposed to be close connection between the club, CSLH and the other academies as well.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I´m kind of surprised not to see Slavia Praha even between the candidates for the hockey academy, I had the impression that they have developed some great talent recently, haven´t they?

David Musil picked by Edmonton at #31. And Jaškin to St. Louis at #41.

Last edited:

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I´m kind of surprised not to see Slavia Praha even between the candidates for the hockey academy, I had the impression that they have developed some great talent recently, haven´t they?

David Musil picked by Edmonton at #31. And Jaškin to St. Louis at #41.

Slavia didn't apply, so they coudn't get there.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Slavia didn't apply, so they coudn't get there.

Thanks, didn´t know that. Do you know why?

2011 is shaping out to be a pretty good draft for the Czechs (despite no 1st rounder), the biggest number of players drafted since 2006. EDIT: Make that 2005.

Last edited:

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
wow, 9 players so far.. didn´t expect that.. :handclap: but where is Machovsky?

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Must be disappointing for Machovsky to stay undrafted, feel bad for the kid. Anyway, this draft can be considered a success for sure compared to the past years. My tip was 6-8 and it's 10. Congrats to all players! Btw. I think Sedlak really needs to go over to play CHL if he wants to gain something out of this. I can't see him cracking Extraliga roster next year. The same might be said about Pribyl. What do you think Czechexpert (and the rest of you)?

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Must be disappointing for Machovsky to stay undrafted, feel bad for the kid. Anyway, this draft can be considered a success for sure compared to the past years. My tip was 6-8 and it's 10. Congrats to all players! Btw. I think Sedlak really needs to go over to play CHL if he wants to gain something out of this. I can't see him cracking Extraliga roster next year. The same might be said about Pribyl. What do you think Czechexpert (and the rest of you)?

I suppose that Sedlak will play in CHL next year. He is surprising pick for me, he was okay at tournaments but had very disappointing season in Czech junior Extraleague.
Pribyl is signed in Sparta, he won´t leave anywhere.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I suppose that Sedlak will play in CHL next year. He is surprising pick for me, he was okay at tournaments but had very disappointing season in Czech junior Extraleague.
Pribyl is signed in Sparta, he won´t leave anywhere.
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=567230&navid=DL|MTL|home
At No. 168 overall, the Canadiens opted for 6-foot-3 center Daniel Pribyl from Sparta Jr. in the Czech Republic, who may make the move to the QMJHL for the 2011-12 season.

maybe they made some talk with Sparta before the draft? who knows.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Wow, phenominal draft for the Czech Republic. 10 players is double the last years amount. Hopefully this is the signal that Czech hockey is back on track.

31. David Musil
41. Dmitrij Jaskin
71. David Honzik
144. Dominik Uher
158. Lukas Sedlak
165. Matej Stransky
168. Daniel Prybil
175. Richard Nedomlel
176. Petr Placek
208. Ondrej Palat

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Wow, phenominal draft for the Czech Republic. 10 players is double the last years amount. Hopefully this is the signal that Czech hockey is back on track.

31. David Musil
41. Dmitrij Jaskin
71. David Honzik
144. Dominik Uher
158. Lukas Sedlak
165. Matej Stransky
168. Daniel Prybil
175. Richard Nedomlel
176. Petr Placek
208. Ondrej Palat

Win! I'm well pleased that Palat got drafted, I was thinking he might :) 10 is excellent and very surprising indeed. There is still plenty of work to be done however, because ideally we want those guys drafted much earlier. But this result has certainly made me happy.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Will be extremely hard to repeat this in the next years. It will take some more time to get back on track like smitty10 said. But it's still very good result and I think this draft could also raise chance of some picks to make WJC team as underagers (Stransky, Placek, Nedomlel etc. - those, who were not considered that much yet). And it will be more fun to watch Czech team with more picks on it for sure.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
maybe they made some talk with Sparta before the draft? who knows.[/QUOTE]

exactly, who knows. We have to wait for Import draft.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Btw. I went through some reports and vids of Nedomlel after this draft and I really like that guy. Probably my favourite pick out of those unexpected. I wouldn't mind him on WJC squad at all even this upcoming year. And year after that, he could be real monster there. Lots of fun to watch that guy. :nod:

WhoIsGuyIncognito

Mar 22, 2011
Prague, Czech
Thanks, didn´t know that. Do you know why?

2011 is shaping out to be a pretty good draft for the Czechs (despite no 1st rounder), the biggest number of players drafted since 2006. EDIT: Make that 2005.

My guess is that the reason slavia didnt apply is because they only have one ice rink available for juniors and kids, they are actually just one of three teams in extraliga that doesnt have 2 or three rinks for everyday use. I think that this was one of the conditions to get the academy status. Also, with the number of young players cracking their A team, they seem to do just fine w/o the academy status.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad