Czech Republic: Czech prospects thread

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
What about this line-up:

Mrazek, Machovsky, Kasik
In case Mrazek won´t be there either Honzik or Will
In reality if Mrazek isn´t there, Tomas Kral will serve as third goalie...
Musil-Pavlik
Krejci-Nedomlel
Jank-Zamorsky
7th D Hrbas(Mozik, Valenta)
Jaskin-Hertl-Frk
Pribyl-Nosek-Holik
Faksa-Culek-Straka
Uher-Sedlak-Sekac
13th F Filippi(Fort, Vachovec)

Great to see your opinions. And what about Bartosak? He isn´t good enough? He´s been doing great according to his stats and what people say. Wouldn´t he deserve at least third goalie spot? Just asking, never seen him actually play. And what about Hyka?

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I like Czechexpert's lineup. Btw. What I like about this year is fact that we can actually choose among some solid players and not just pick all of them and fill the rest of the lineup with some who just have no chance to compete at WJC. At least that's my feeling.

Here is 40 names they released today. Some of them are kinda off, but that was expected. I think those guys won't make the team anyway (Im not going to name, 'cause I don't want to offend anybody).

http://hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ&webid=246&id=54607&view=clanek&nazev_seo=v_sirsi_nominaci_dvacitky_na_ms_40_hracu__otazniku_mame_jeste_dost__rika_trener_prerost
Brankáři:
Patrik BartošÃ¡k (Red Deer, WHL), Libor KašÃ­k (Zlín/Olomouc), Tomáš Král (Oulu, Finsko), Matěj Machovský (Brampton, OHL), Petr Mrázek (Ottawa, OHL), Roman Will (Moncton, QMJHL).

Obránci:
Tomáš Bartejs (Chomutov), Marek Hrbas (Kamloops, WHL), Bohumil Jank (Poprad, KHL), Daniel Krejčí (Slavia Praha), Vojtěch Mozík (Ml. Boleslav), David Musil (Vancouver, WHL), Richard Nedomlel (Swift Current, WHL), Filip Pavlík (Třinec/Ústí), Jiří Říha (Liberec/Benátky), Daniel Sobotka (Sparta Praha/Beroun), Petr Zámorský (Zlín).

Útočníci:
Jakub Culek (Rimouski, QMJHL), Tomáš Filippi (Baie-Comeau, QMJHL), Tomáš Fořt (Zlín), Martin Frk (Halifax, QMJHL), Tomáš Hertl (Slavia Praha), Petr Holík (Zlín), Tomáš Hyka (Gatineau, QMJHL), Dmitrij Jaškin (Slavia Praha), Jan Káňa (Brno), Denis Kindl (Montreal, QMJHL), Tomáš Nosek (Pardubice), Tomáš Rousek (Č. Budějovice), Petr Plaček (Harvard Univ., USA), Daniel Přibyl, Tomáš Rubeš (oba Sparta Praha), Lukáš Sedlák (Chicoutimi, QMJHL), Jiří Sekáč (Poprad, KHL), David Stach (Lukko Rauma, Finsko), Petr Straka (Rimouski, QMJHL), Michal Švihálek (Č, Budějovice), Dominik Uher (Spokane, WHL), Michal Vachovec (K. Vary), Jaroslav Vlach (Liberec/Benátky).

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
I like Czechexpert's lineup. Btw. What I like about this year is fact that we can actually choose among some solid players and not just pick all of them and fill the rest of the lineup with some who just have no chance to compete at WJC. At least that's my feeling.

Here is 40 names they released today. Some of them are kinda off, but that was expected. I think those guys won't make the team anyway (Im not going to name, 'cause I don't want to offend anybody).

http://hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ&webid=246&id=54607&view=clanek&nazev_seo=v_sirsi_nominaci_dvacitky_na_ms_40_hracu__otazniku_mame_jeste_dost__rika_trener_prerost

Disappointed that Faksa is missing :shakehead

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009

Really irritated not to see Faksa on preliminary roster. He would be great fit on this team. To be honest, I expected it. Coaches are gutless as usually. Like in Dresden in April, Faksa was the best forward according to many people(including me) in first game against Sweden and next game he was on fourth line...

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Really irritated not to see Faksa on preliminary roster. He would be great fit on this team. To be honest, I expected it. Coaches are gutless as usually. Like in Dresden in April, Faksa was the best forward according to many people(including me) in first game against Sweden and next game he was on fourth line...

Do you have idea about the reasons? I didn't notice he's missing until you guys pointed that out.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto

No Stransky or Faksa? What are these Czech coaches thinking? Even as a 13th forward either would be good to have. And you can't tell me that the Czech Republic has 13 better forwards than Stransky for the WJC.

Also, everything I'm hearing about Faksa is fantastic. Although I've only seen Youtube clips he's apparently rising in draft stock and could hit as high as the top 15.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
No Stransky or Faksa? What are these Czech coaches thinking? Even as a 13th forward either would be good to have. And you can't tell me that the Czech Republic has 13 better forwards than Stransky for the WJC.

Also, everything I'm hearing about Faksa is fantastic. Although I've only seen Youtube clips he's apparently rising in draft stock and could hit as high as the top 15.

Again, same case as Mrazek last year, can´t play for national team, was suspended by Vitkovice where Stransky has refused to sign contract.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Again, same case as Mrazek last year, can´t play for national team, was suspended by Vitkovice where Stransky has refused to sign contract.

I wonder if CSLH is trying to make some agreement again with NHL to prevent this.

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
What about this line-up:

Mrazek, Machovsky, Kasik
In case Mrazek won´t be there either Honzik or Will
In reality if Mrazek isn´t there, Tomas Kral will serve as third goalie...
Musil-Pavlik
Krejci-Nedomlel
Jank-Zamorsky
7th D Hrbas(Mozik, Valenta)
Jaskin-Hertl-Frk
Pribyl-Nosek-Holik
Faksa-Culek-Straka
Uher-Sedlak-Sekac
13th F Filippi(Fort, Vachovec)

Jaskin on the first line? No way jose. He's been really really poor for Slavia this year, and no-one seems to know why. I guess they're hoping that by sending him to Beroun, he'll get his confidence back. There's no real chemistry there with Hertl either, as Hertl has been playing on the top line with Ruzicka and Kalus/Kurka

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Jaskin on the first line? No way jose. He's been really really poor for Slavia this year, and no-one seems to know why. I guess they're hoping that by sending him to Beroun, he'll get his confidence back. There's no real chemistry there with Hertl either, as Hertl has been playing on the top line with Ruzicka and Kalus/Kurka

Yeah, he'll hopefully find his scoring touch again. If he does (and Frk returns healthy to play for the WJC) IMO a Jaskin-Hertl-Frk line would probably be the strongest line we've had at the WJC since the one with Voracek and Frolik on it in 2008 (correct me if I'm wrong).

Fingers crossed it all works out, because that would be an exciting line!:yo:

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I sumed up few thoughts on WJC today here. Feel free to check it if you want. (sorry for few mistakes and some words repeating, I didn't correct it properly)

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009

Jaskin has played many games with Hertl this season, they played together at World U-18 champs as well as Hlinka Cup.
Nonsense, Hertl never played with Ruzicka, both are centers.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I was browsing through Tatranski Vlci roster and guy called Lukáš Chalupa caught my eye. He's big and has ok +/- stat on a team that is not good at it. He'd be eligible for 2013 WJC. Did anybody see him playing? Does he have some upside?

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
So.. I wrote an email to Slavomir Lener about Faksa´s invitation few days ago and I got a very pleasant response.

Dobrý den,

nehledě na Váš dopis jsem dnes s panem Přerostem projednával
zlepšenou výkonnost hráče Faksy. Ověřili jsme si jeho výkony i
prostřednictvím skautů v zámoří, ještě tento týden probereme dalšÃ­
informace a je velká šance, že bude dodatečně nominován.

S.Lener

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
So.. I wrote an email to Slavomir Lener about Faksa´s invitation few days ago and I got a very pleasant response.

Dobrý den,

zlepÅ¡enou výkonnost hráče Faksy. Ověřili jsme si jeho výkony i
prostřednictvím skautů v zámoří, jeÅ¡tě tento týden probereme další
informace a je velká Å¡ance, že bude dodatečně nominován.

S.Lener

wow, great job by Lener and by you ;)

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

Dobrý den,

S.Lener

translation?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
zlepšenou výkonnost hráče Faksy. Ověřili jsme si jeho výkony i
prostřednictvím skautů v zámoří, ještě tento týden probereme dalšÃ­
informace a je velká šance, že bude dodatečně nominován.
Regardless your email, I spoke to Prerost about Faksa today. Topic was his performance which has been getting better. We verified it with scouts working in North America. We will speak about him this week and there is a huge chance he will be added to preliminary roster.

This translation is not literally, but it does not matter.
Prerost should be head coach of czech U20 team. Correct me if wrong

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Regardless your email, I spoke to Prerost about Faksa today. Topic was his performance which has been getting better. We verified it with scouts working in North America. We will speak about him this week and there is a huge chance he will be added to preliminary roster.

This translation is not literally, but it does not matter.
Prerost should be head coach of czech U20 team. Correct me if wrong

right, Prerost is head coach of Czech U-20

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010

Dobrý den,

S.Lener

Wow, that's pretty awesome man, good work!:yo:

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Does anyone know anything about goaltender Daniel Dolejš? He's apparently the best goaltender of the staršÃ­ dorost category in terms of saves percentage. How does he compare to Patrik Polívka and Marek Langhamer?

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
http://www.sport.cz/clanek/194550-h...i-jeste-mesic-muze-prijit-o-ms-do-20-let.html

and it´s here all over again :shakehead .. plus who knows if Frk gets healthy.. it´s like we´re jinxed or something
still believe they both will be ready for the tournament though

Frk should be back in 2 weeks or so. But his return was pushed already so many times that nobody knows if he'll really be back. And if he was back in 2 weeks, it might be not enough time until WJC for him to be 100%.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
http://www.sport.cz/clanek/194550-h...i-jeste-mesic-muze-prijit-o-ms-do-20-let.html

and it´s here all over again :shakehead .. plus who knows if Frk gets healthy.. it´s like we´re jinxed or something
still believe they both will be ready for the tournament though

That sucks :( It was the same with Jaskin last year, they thought he could make the tournament eventually too, but he didn't. I hope Hertl makes it though, really sucks having our best players getting injured before the WJC this year and last year......

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Just to add something positive - I'm extremely looking forward to 2013 WJC. We should have all these guys from NA eligible (it's possible that Pavelka or Kralik may leave after the season though):

Patrik Bartosak
David Honzik
Matej Machovsky
Jaroslav Pavelka

Marek Hrbas
David Musil
Richard Nedomlel
Tomas Pavelka
Michal Plutnar
Petr Sidlik

Matej Beran
Petr Beranek
Radek Faksa
Martin Frk
Tomas Hyka
Marek Kalus
Lukas Kralik
Patrik Machac
Lukas Sedlak
Matej Stransky

Add Hertl and Jaškin from Europe and that should be damn good team. + some players who appear to be good enough during the next 13 months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad