Czech Republic: Czech prospects thread

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
What if Frk and Hertl couldn't play. Any ideas how would look the offense then?

Eyelanders

Jan 9, 2011
I saw David Stach playing yesterday and came away very impressed. He scored one great goal and was constantly dangerous in the offensive zone. Does he have any chance to make the WJC team? I guess there are so many better forwards that he won´t be selected to the final roster. I hope to see playing Stach and his team Lukko more in the near future.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I saw David Stach playing yesterday and came away very impressed. He scored one great goal and was constantly dangerous in the offensive zone. Does he have any chance to make the WJC team? I guess there are so many better forwards that he won´t be selected to the final roster. I hope to see playing Stach and his team Lukko more in the near future.

I think he has a decent chance (he's in the preliminary 40-man roster), especially if guys like Frk and Hertl don't make it due to injury/post injury lack-of-form/play (couldn't think of a better way of putting it lol).

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
What if Frk and Hertl couldn't play. Any ideas how would look the offense then?

Well the obvious answer is worse. But if that happened perhaps they'd call up Faksa and some of the other talented youngsters like Plutnar, Volek and Machac and/or expect the others to step up.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Finnish top 6
Ma.Granlund - Mi.Granlund - Pulkkinen
Donskoi - Salomäki - Armia

I have a bad feeling they're gonna kill us on the PP... let's hope it won't be the case.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Finnish top 6

I have a bad feeling they're gonna kill us on the PP... let's hope it won't be the case.

It´ll be tough. My personal guess is that Finland will take one of the medals. Seems like their defense isn´t that strong though (too young). I don´t think we´ll make a quarterfinal to be honest, we have a solid team but Canada, USA and Finland are just better IMO. Hope they´ll prove me wrong.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
It´ll be tough. My personal guess is that Finland will take one of the medals. Seems like their defense isn´t that strong though (too young). I don´t think we´ll make a quarterfinal to be honest, we have a solid team but Canada, USA and Finland are just better IMO. Hope they´ll prove me wrong.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind if we finally got to the easier group next time...

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Yeah, I wouldn't mind if we finally got to the easier group next time...

Indeed, we just need to deliberately lose when we play for 7th/8th place (assuming we play the relegation round again) or something so we get seeded in the easier group (last year it was the game against Slovakia which we won and got seeded in the harder group)....

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Finnish top 6

the bad fact is we are gonna play with them last match in the group stage ... so they'll have 4 matches to improve their PP :)

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
the bad fact is we are gonna play with them last match in the group stage ... so they'll have 4 matches to improve their PP :)

Let's look on the bright side, we've got 3 games to improve our PK :D

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Frk is gonna play a game tonight according to the prospects board.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Yea he is. They said they'll start him off slow by playing him 12-15 minutes this game. Lets hope he gets back to his full form for the WJC!!! We need him!

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Sedlak is picking up his game recently. He's PPG right now (7 pts in the last 3 games) and turning into quite good prospect so far. :handclap:

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Just looking at some mock-drafts for 2012. Looks like there will be quite a few Czech's going again. I think that Frk might fall to the second round if he continues to have concussion-related symptoms, but it looks like a good year!

Round 1-2:

Faksa
Frk
Hertl
Machac

Round 3-4:

Hyka
Beran
Volek

Round 5-7

Plutnar
Sidlik
Bartosak

Other possibilities:

Hrbas
Will
Machovsky
Filippi

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Just looking at some mock-drafts for 2012. Looks like there will be quite a few Czech's going again. I think that Frk might fall to the second round if he continues to have concussion-related symptoms, but it looks like a good year!

Round 1-2:

Faksa
Frk
Hertl
Machac

Round 3-4:

Hyka
Beran
Volek

Round 5-7

Plutnar
Sidlik
Bartosak

Other possibilities:

Hrbas
Will
Machovsky
Filippi

Goalie Langhamer and forward Nejezchleb has good change too.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Goalie Langhamer and forward Nejezchleb has good change too.

Obviously living in Canada it's hard to find all players, especially when they play in smaller European leagues like the Czech league. Where do these guys project to go if they get drafted? Like last year with guys like Jaskin, Prybil and Sedlak, I think there will be a number of Czech players drafted who don't play in NA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad