Value of: Crosby to the Avs

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
1st all depend what Crosby really want.
Pretty sure he want to stay with the Pens. but we don't know how he will react in the next 2 years when his team going to fall in the standing. He's a winner does he really want to finish in 30 or worst.
The pens getting older and doesn't have a top 6 forward or any impact players in their pipeline.
No 2024 1st draft pick.
If he decide to go the only 2 teams he wants to go is Colorado or Montréal.
Montréal got more assets to make a trade

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I hate the direction and decisions of this organization so much - that I almost wouldn't care.

I can love my team and hate everything about it's organization at the same time. Enjoy the milestones and just go into complete apathy and spend less time and less $$$ on it. If the same people who've destroyed this team are allowed to rebuild it - I have no interest in that either. They don't deserve it. Sid does deserve to win again though.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Crosby has done everything there is to do as a player multiple times. He has no reason to leave Pittsburgh and is exactly the kinda dude that'll ride out the rest of his career there even if the team is bad. He will lead the early years of the rebuild before calling it.

Reactions: AslanRH and banks

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
At most I think he goes the Joe Thornton route and signs elsewhere if he wants to chase another cup at the end of his career.
He won't demand a trade.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Crosby has done everything there is to do as a player multiple times. He has no reason to leave Pittsburgh and is exactly the kinda dude that'll ride out the rest of his career there even if the team is bad. He will lead the early years of the rebuild before calling it.
I disagree.
He is, above all, a competitor, and still an excellent player. I can't see him being happy playing on a mediocre at best team(only mediocre because of his presence) with no chance to compete for a Cup.. Unless something changes quickly, PIT, and he would be better off if he changed teams. He should get at least two firsts+ to whatever contending team he goes to, which would help PIT with their rebuild, and he would get to chase another Cup, which his talent deserves.

If he went to CO they would become instant favorites to win, especially if Landeskog comes back, also.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
1st all depend what Crosby really want.
Pretty sure he want to stay with the Pens. but we don't know how he will react in the next 2 years when his team going to fall in the standing. He's a winner does he really want to finish in 30 or worst.
The pens getting older and doesn't have a top 6 forward or any impact players in their pipeline.
No 2024 1st draft pick.
If he decide to go the only 2 teams he wants to go is Colorado or Montréal.
Montréal got more assets to make a trade
So he wouldn’t stay with the Pens if they’re not a contender but he would go to the worst team in the nhl in Montreal? Makes sense

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Crosby Malkin and Letang will finish their careers as a Pittsburgh Penguin. The Pens will finish in the top 5 lottery for the next few seasons after that (to rebuild). Then they will be serious competitors again. Absolutely no reason whatsoever to go against this mold.
The thing is that Crosby is largely recognized as a top 5 player of all time. He has his own legacy to make. If he asks to go to Colorado, or if he signs a deal to play for the habs when it is clear that the Penguins are done, would you be angry at him?

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
The thing is that Crosby is largely recognized as a top 5 player of all time. He has his own legacy to make. If he asks to go to Colorado, or if he signs a deal to play for the habs when it is clear that the Penguins are done, would you be angry at him?
I’m still not over Jagr leaving lol.

But no I wouldn’t be angry at Sid after bringing us 3 out of 4 Cups.

I just don’t see an obvious reason for him to leave (like a Ray Bourque) as he’s not chasing a title. Besides, Crosby could have played with plenty of great players on the Penguins but chooses the Dupuis, Kunitz routes instead. So all the him playing with (insert big names/best friends) is very tabloid to me.

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
Also, if the Penguins “are done”, that means Crosby would have had a role in it. In my opinion that’s what would make Sid stay even more, to help fix that problem. He’s not LeBron James. He doesn’t run away for Championships.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Colorado is the only team that makes sense, can't see him wanting to go anywhere else. That said, still highly unlikely. Would love to see him play meaningful hockey again though. Could finish with 4-5 cups if he joins Colorado now.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Colorado would have to overpay by a pretty large portion for the Penguins to be woo’d. A couple of late 1st round picks aren’t going to do it.

It would make no sense from an on ice perspective as well as a business perspective to let him go for anything than a massive overpayment.

I’m not sure Colorado is willing to risk what it would take to get him.

Jun 27, 2005
Crosby Malkin and Letang will finish their careers as a Pittsburgh Penguin. The Pens will finish in the top 5 lottery for the next few seasons after that (to rebuild). Then they will be serious competitors again. Absolutely no reason whatsoever to go against this mold.
That could be 7-10 years with no playoffs and the revenue that goes with it. They might not survive.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Colorado would have to overpay by a pretty large portion for the Penguins to be woo’d. A couple of late 1st round picks aren’t going to do it.

It would make no sense from an on ice perspective as well as a business perspective to let him go for anything than a massive overpayment.

I’m not sure Colorado is willing to risk what it would take to get him.
Do you think it is really Pittsburgh's choice to be "woo'd" if it came down to it.
I think Crosby is too much of a pro and quality character to cause a stir, but if he decides that moving on is what he wants to do, I don't see the Pens organization drawing a unmovable line in the sand. They will accommodate him just as teams have done for their franchise guys in the past.

Reactions: Bender

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Do you think it is really Pittsburgh's choice to be "woo'd" if it came down to it.
I think Crosby is too much of a pro and quality character to cause a stir, but if he decides that moving on is what he wants to do, I don't see the Pens organization drawing a unmovable line in the sand. They will accommodate him just as teams have done for their franchise guys in the past.

He’s more than likely not going to want to be traded. And at the end of the day, the Penguins are going to want value for him and then some.

There are business ramifications behind someone like him. What does that do to ticket sells if they ship him off and don’t get a ridiculous haul back.

It is a business, they aren’t just going to give Crosby away for a measly two first round picks. Shit will take a lot to get him out of Pittsburgh.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
He’s more than likely not going to want to be traded. And at the end of the day, the Penguins are going to want value for him and then some.

There are business ramifications behind someone like him. What does that do to ticket sells if they ship him off and don’t get a ridiculous haul back.

It is a business, they aren’t just going to give Crosby away for a measly two first round picks. Shit will take a lot to get him out of Pittsburgh.
Understand your points, but I don't see it playing out that way.
They won't force him to stay if he doesn't want to be there because there are business ramifications for that as well.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
The thing is that Crosby is largely recognized as a top 5 player of all time.

Not outside Pittsburgh he isn’t. Nobody in their right mind puts him above any of the obvious top four and there’s a LOT of competition for that #5 spot.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Understand your points, but I don't see it playing out that way.
They won't force him to stay if he doesn't want to be there because there are business ramifications for that as well.

It’s not going to be forced. They are going to demand value + with him. They aren’t going to just hand him away.

There’s no way it comes to a point where anything publicly will come out either. Crosby more than likely doesn’t want to leave Pittsburgh and no one will ever know even if he does.

Pittsburgh would be ridiculously dumb to trade him for anything less than a massive haul.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
That's the thing. Because of Crosby's loyalty, I'd almost assume the only scenario he gets moved is if the club approaches him and he agrees to it. That way he can look at it like it was the team's choice and he's being accommodating, rather than him being the one to instigate the move.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
That's the thing. Because of Crosby's loyalty, I'd almost assume the only scenario he gets moved is if the club approaches him and he agrees to it. That way he can look at it like it was the team's choice and he's being accommodating, rather than him being the one to instigate the move.

I dont think its ever gonna come out publically who instigated the move.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I hate the Pens but if Crosby doesn't retire as a pen i'll get slightly mad.
Well, he can always sign back with PIT after next season as a UFA.

Crosby for O'Connor+ Byram + Wood +1st

Who says no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad