Value of: Crosby to the Avs

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
He has a no movement clause so he'd have to wave it in order for a trade to happen. I believe the main reason Malkin signed his new contract was because Crosby was committed to staying with the penguins long term.

It's basically an impossibility.

Reactions: banks and Steeler23

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
He has a no movement clause so he'd have to wave it in order for a trade to happen. I believe the main reason Malkin signed his new contract was because Crosby was committed to staying with the penguins long term.

It's basically an impossibility.

Agreed, this is two years too early. I also think if Crosby has the choice he will opt for a Canadian contender as it would complete his legacy as a player who really did it all.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Don't see him ever leaving the Pens... but if he were to, I could see the Avs as his only landing spot - to play with his buddy MacK.

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
Seems like a long shot, but, that would make the Avs even scarier, and they're plenty scary already.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Crosby is also very friendly with Bergy and Marchand.... Remember that line for team Canada?

Crossfire Hurricane

Sponsor
Aug 19, 2006
Redondo Beach
Compher + Girard + Rodrigues + 2023 1ST + 2024 1ST
----- $10.5 cap hit
for
Crosby + Pierre-Oliver Joseph + Blueger (50% retained)
----- $10.625 cap hit

I don't know, seems like almost too much for Colorado to give up, but not enough for Pittsburgh to receive at the same time.
I'm an Avs fan and I'd do that in a second, so Pittsburgh probably doesn't.

If Crosby goes, they're tanking for Bedard so I would think they'd want a prospect rather than a roster player. Don't know that Olausson will do it.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
----- $10.5 cap hit
for
----- $10.625 cap hit

I don't know, seems like almost too much for Colorado to give up, but not enough for Pittsburgh to receive at the same time.

Horrible value. Compher and Rodrigues are nothing players to try and make the cap work. Girard is a good player at best and then two scratch off lottery tickets aka late 1st round picks.

Crosby will retire a Penguins player. But if he was traded even at his age, he would receive a heck of lot more than this. Looking at the Avs prospects, I don't think they have enough. Newhook + Byram + Olausson + 2023 1st + 2024 1st still doesn't feel like enough.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Only way this could happen, if Pens decided to blow it up totally and I can't see a team with Letang, Crosby and Malkin etc ever being bad enough for that. It's a pipedream.

Retained Crosby to Avs.. Yes please, obviously..

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
do-you-ever-have-deja-vu-bill-murray.gif

Reactions: FrankSidebottom

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
----- $10.5 cap hit
for
----- $10.625 cap hit

That offer is terrible for Pitt. Literally nothing of value besides the firsts, which coming from the Avs, are late firsts. Newhook or Byram would have to be included to even get them to even consider it. Probably wouldnt even then.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Horrible value. Compher and Rodrigues are nothing players to try and make the cap work. Girard is a good player at best and then two scratch off lottery tickets aka late 1st round picks.

Crosby will retire a Penguins player. But if he was traded even at his age, he would receive a heck of lot more than this. Looking at the Avs prospects, I don't think they have enough. Newhook + Byram + Olausson + 2023 1st + 2024 1st still doesn't feel like enough.
lol. That’s absurd. You’re not getting a 21 year old top pair level defender in Byram for Crosby at this stage of his career. Adding on top of that is insane.

Like this OP idea (terrible one) Should be locked.

Crosby should play out his contract in Pitt and then decide if he wants to find a new club or hang them up.

That offer is terrible for Pitt. Literally nothing of value besides the firsts, which coming from the Avs, are late firsts. Newhook or Byram would have to be included to even get them to even consider it. Probably wouldnt even then.
Sheesh.

Comparing Newhook to Byram is exactly like comparing Krebs to Seider.

They are not even close to value equivalent.

• Haha
Reactions: zeeto

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
lol. That’s absurd. You’re not getting a 21 year old top pair level defender in Byram for Crosby at this stage of his career. Adding on top of that is insane.

Like this OP idea (terrible one) Should be locked.

Crosby should play out his contract in Pitt and then decide if he wants to find a new club or hang them up.

Sheesh.

Comparing Newhook to Byram is exactly like comparing Krebs to Seider.

They are not even close to value equivalent.
I would say they are probably closer than you give them credit for. Byram gets overrated crazy around here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad