Prospect Info: Coyotes Prospect Camp (June 26-30)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
But we've purged. It's a new day. Keller will be fine.

Absolutely. The bad man is gone. It's so refreshing to not have to worry about Tippett in any capacity.

Never said that. And you know I didn't say that, but you want to change the argument.

Unless you can come up with something that shows Keller saying or expressing he was slighted, then you're just projecting your own personal opinion.

Turris didn't overtly complain until it was too late. A lot of little things add up, like arbitrarily being scratched when you're coming back to your hometown and have family in the stands. Players absolutely remember that sort of thing and it was part of why he wanted out. It isn't a stretch at all to say that, had Tippett stayed, the same scenario could have played out with Keller. We have Mr. Barroway to thank for making all of this a moot point.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Your argument is that players don't remember when they're slighted. They do. Pretty simple stuff.

That sounds like a player with a me first attitude - ideally the team comes first and these petty issues don't even register in the player's mind because he's got bigger team oriented ideas occupying his mind.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
That sounds like a player with a me first attitude - ideally the team comes first and these petty issues don't even register in the player's mind because he's got bigger team oriented ideas occupying his mind.

The games were meaningless. Give the guy the meaningless games and give him some spending money for the summer.

This is a player you expect to be a superstar for you in the future, why f him over?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
The games were meaningless. Give the guy the meaningless games and give him some spending money for the summer.

This is a player you expect to be a superstar for you in the future, why f him over?

You don't know that someone from the club didn't come to him with an envelope anyway.

Most people, and I assume that players are people, remember slights but often simply choose to get past them due to other, more positive aspects of their relationship. (No one would stay married otherwise, for example). If the club treats Keller well, and gives him star status as he earns it, he will easily get past this slight.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Your argument is that players don't remember when they're slighted. They do. Pretty simple stuff.

The argument is more that Keller probably did not even feel that way, and the insinuation that he looked "mopey" probably had nothing to do with salary or anything.

It would be the same logic as posing the idea that all women with resting ***** face are unhappy based on a snapshot of their appearance at the time. They may be the happiest person on the inside and outside, but b/c a picture happened to be taken in full-on RBF mode, it is assumed that they are unhappy and vindictive.

You happened to see Keller with a look on his face that appeared to be "mopey." Could you be spot on? Possibly, but I think that is reading waaaayy too much into it.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
You happened to see Keller with a look on his face that appeared to be "mopey." Could you be spot on? Possibly, but I think that is reading waaaayy too much into it.

Keller seems to be a guy who has, for lack of a better phrase, a "resting ***** face." Watching his interviews in his brief stint last season, I just don't think he's a guy that looks perky even on good days.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Keller seems to be a guy who has, for lack of a better phrase, a "resting ***** face." Watching his interviews in his brief stint last season, I just don't think he's a guy that looks perky even on good days.

:handclap:

I think this is far more in line with reality. He just happens to have a facial expression that looks a little mopey/unspirited, which is tough to draw a reasonable conclusion on.

Alls I know is that if he is upset in some way regarding not getting a bonus, even though he literally 7 days earlier achieved a dream of playing in the NHL in front of his hometown crowd, then this is someone who has his priorities pretty far out of whack. I doubt that is the case, but if we had a sense that the almighty dollar drives him, then maybe we should have offered him up for Stepan instead.

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix

He seemed (relatively) upbeat in the interview vid from this years rookie camp. He referred to himself as more of leader for the younger guys at the camp to look up to. I'm not concerned at all with his body language or anything at this point. Same with Dvo, even though it seems like he's in pain every time he has to talk to the media. I think that's just his nature.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
He just realized that the same guy that heavily supported similar small dynamic players like Kyle Turris and Tyler Johnson and helped them get their start abandoned him. It's no wonder he's depressed :/

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Appearantly the team isn't happy with the ice in Peoria either.

Wouldn't they move the rest of the entire week if it was that bad? I figured they were doing it because Scottsdale has more seating capacity (plus it's closer to where people live :laugh: ). Having said that, AZ Ice's ice in Gilbert was terrible last night too, but I attribute at least some of it to being in a small rink in Arizona in June. It's amazing how hot it can seem skating on ice in a supposedly 55 degree ambient temp.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Wouldn't they move the rest of the entire week if it was that bad? I figured they were doing it because Scottsdale has more seating capacity (plus it's closer to where people live :laugh: ). Having said that, AZ Ice's ice in Gilbert was terrible last night too, but I attribute at least some of it to being in a small rink in Arizona in June. It's amazing how hot it can seem skating on ice in a supposedly 55 degree ambient temp.

True... they don't have the A/C setup like a GRA.....

However.... Paw Patrol auditions were at the Ice Den. GRA had a concert this week.

Hate to think Howler's Harem caused all this...... :D

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The argument is more that Keller probably did not even feel that way, and the insinuation that he looked "mopey" probably had nothing to do with salary or anything.

It would be the same logic as posing the idea that all women with resting ***** face are unhappy based on a snapshot of their appearance at the time. They may be the happiest person on the inside and outside, but b/c a picture happened to be taken in full-on RBF mode, it is assumed that they are unhappy and vindictive.

:handclap:

I think this is far more in line with reality. He just happens to have a facial expression that looks a little mopey/unspirited, which is tough to draw a reasonable conclusion on.

Alls I know is that if he is upset in some way regarding not getting a bonus, even though he literally 7 days earlier achieved a dream of playing in the NHL in front of his hometown crowd, then this is someone who has his priorities pretty far out of whack. I doubt that is the case, but if we had a sense that the almighty dollar drives him, then maybe we should have offered him up for Stepan instead.

I agree. He was probably told he won't play in all the games. I don't think he feels slighted in the least.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Not sure if it was after you left sniper, but like 6 guys in a row fell in the first cut on the skating drill closest to where we were sitting. They eventually had to move the pylons it was so bad.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
You scratched out Garland and Keller's faces. How can I tell how mopey he is?

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Geezus, how much weight did Dvo put on?

Dvo is a big boy. As is Fischer. Definitely something that I like going forward and am not certain if this is a part of our recent drafting philosophy in any way...

I remember visiting the locker room after a game a few seasons ago and thinking how thin players like Chipchura and Boedker actually looked, specifically in the upper body. Then Klinkhammer walked by me, and the guy looked like a bodybuilder next to some of the other player builds.

But for both Dvo and Fischer, their bodies appear to be able to support a little more weight. Would not surprise me if either wound up being a little closer to power forward types, and both wound up playing at about 200-205 lbs for Dvorak and between 215 and 225 lbs. for Fischer...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad