Prospect Info: Coyotes Prospect Camp (June 26-30)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I know what I have to compete like, I know how much stronger and faster I have to get, and that just makes you work that much harder in the offseason in the gym. I got a little taste of the NHL, and that's obviously what I want to do for the next 10 or 20 years, so I'm definitely working hard toward that in the summer."

As for his training quarters, the 20 year-old has been staying local with a handful of other prospects in the organization, working closely alongside the coaching and training staff provided by the club.

"I've been in Scottsdale working out with J.P. Major and the Arizona trainers. There's about four or five of us prospects down there. We work out in the mornings for about two hours. We usually skate around two to three times a week with Steve Potvin, and that just involves overall skills, hands, shot, escapes, protecting the puck, stuff like that."

It's early July, but the coming season is fast approaching.

And speed is on Fischer's mind.

"Explosiveness," he stressed. "The big focus for me has been in the gym, working on explosiveness, my first three steps. The NHL is a whole different step up, I got to play a couple of games up there so I know what it takes and I know what speed I need to play at up there. So I'm working toward that goal to give myself some time and space up there."

http://tucsonroadrunners.com/news/?article_id=505

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Man, that first clip of Fischer scoring the OT winner and then sliding past the Reign bench giving them an earful was the highlight of the year. Bissonnette and Latta were displeased.

Christian Fischer, Christian Dvorak, Dylan Strome, Clayton Keller and Kyle Capobianco all working out together this summer in Scottsdale is awesome to see.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Great to hear dvo is training in az this summer. If he can gain that little bit of quickness to gain separation, he's going to be a special player

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Keller was the best player on the ice, he's a special player, puck always finds him and he seems to always be the first man to the puck, increasing possession and most likely will be a Calder finalist if he starts the year with the big club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad