Prospect Info: Coyotes Prospect Camp (June 26-30)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Well, yeah, but before I'd make a big deal out of something as relatively inconsequential as this, I'd work on the big issues - like making the arena experience less sterile and generic, like embracing local flavor and actually trying to appeal to more people than one specific group (I can't ever remember any sort of Latino outreach by this team, for instance), etc.

This particular meet-and-greet session is appealing to hardcore fans but isn't really a draw at all for people that the team needs to capture in-market, any more than OTAs are for the Cards (although given the level of attention shown those by Arizona Sports, you would never guess it).

Some families can not afford tickets, so this would be great for them. The Coyotes want to grow the sport in AZ. and this would not cost them much. Have a company sponsor it, maybe give away a few tickets.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Jakey....

To address your comment why they just don't use GRA.

Do you realize the costs associated in building up an NHL ready ice surface that'll only be used less than a week? And then have to tear it all down again until September?

It ain't cheap.

And knowing you may get a thousand at the most on any one day and you aren't charging them anyway.

Any of the other facilities in Phoenix Metro will do just fine. Even had they gone down to Chandler.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Heh, does Peoria still have the one side as an Olympic size sheet? I haven't been in there in at least 10 years.

Yes. It's not a bad rink, to be fair. It's not as nice as the Scottsdale rinks but it's definitely improved over what it used to be.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Jakey....

To address your comment why they just don't use GRA.

Do you realize the costs associated in building up an NHL ready ice surface that'll only be used less than a week? And then have to tear it all down again until September?

It ain't cheap.

And knowing you may get a thousand at the most on any one day and you aren't charging them anyway.

Any of the other facilities in Phoenix Metro will do just fine. Even had they gone down to Chandler.

Wasn't it held there last year?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Yes, for the first time ever that I'm aware of.

That they went right back to a small rink says something. I'm not exactly sure what but something.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Anyone know when Coyotes plan to release preseason schedule? I know it's early but apparently some teams released them this week.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yes, for the first time ever that I'm aware of.

That they went right back to a small rink says something. I'm not exactly sure what but something.

Well, nobody showed up is probably one reason. If you don't put in an effort you will not get your desired results. Every year, rookie and main camp is the same thing. B------ effort. They could do so much more to get everyone excited about the up coming year.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Let's remember that "Los Coyotes" refers not just to the cute, fuzzy carnivores but to the guys who transport illegals across the borders. It is a pejorative label.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Let's remember that "Los Coyotes" refers not just to the cute, fuzzy carnivores but to the guys who transport illegals across the borders. It is a pejorative label.

That's why people hire marketing folks - to figure out how to get around that. "Los Perros Peligrosos." There, I did it in three words.

The point is the effort hasn't been made. I'd much rather them try something and fail than to just not bother. This franchise has spent years not bothering on many levels.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If they wanted to say that they should have come to Scottsdale.

I have no idea why they didn't go to the Ice Den is Scottsdale, or what ever it is called now. They have been there before, or maybe try Chandler Ice Den. They should move it around every year.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
That's why people hire marketing folks - to figure out how to get around that. "Los Perros Peligrosos." There, I did it in three words.

The point is the effort hasn't been made. I'd much rather them try something and fail than to just not bother. This franchise has spent years not bothering on many levels.

Agree totally!!!
The marketing of this team and lack of trying to market to fans here in the area is so frustrating. They may be folding the tents and getting ready to get out of here, it may be because of all the uncertainty,,,
It docent matter, the lack of effort at marketing is astounding!
You don't communicate all spring and summer with the fans and you get prospect camp in a cracker box...if it continues, they could hold all the camps in that Sanderson Ford mini-van with Domi on the side parked next to the arena.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Bit late to change the name from the Coyotes to better attract the Mexican population now, don't you think? Nashville has Preditors, Perhaps Las Lomas (wolves?)

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Bit late to change the name from the Coyotes to better attract the Mexican population now, don't you think? Nashville has Preditors, Perhaps Las Lomas (wolves?)

Don't need to change the team name. Just need to come up with a marketing slogan and plan that doesn't introduce ideas about human smuggling. In the realm of marketing challenges, that one doesn't exactly present much of a head-scratcher.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Don't need to change the team name. Just need to come up with a marketing slogan and plan that doesn't introduce ideas about human smuggling. In the realm of marketing challenges, that one doesn't exactly present much of a head-scratcher.

Um, perhaps I should have used an emojio sarcasmo?:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
We could do the Mexican, Canadian and US national anthems at every game. Put the signs in all three languages, Spanish, Americanish and Canadish.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
In the name of going multi culture I may wear my spiffy new coyotes poncho. I haven't had an opportunity to wear it yet.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
A poncho when it's 120 degrees outside would show real dedication. Just drink a gallon of water before you put it on.

Inside the arena haha. I get cold and stay cooler when it's crazy hot due to the lack of hair, but even my magical bald cooling abilities couldn't help me if I had a poncho on outside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad