Confirmed with Link: Coyotes officially rebranding; sign with MullenLowe agency

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I think that a bonfire would be a lot more fun than just boxing the stuff up and shipping it out of the country.

Reactions: DOTS13

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I disagree. Letting them have it is the right thing to do. Honoring the old Jets players would be awesome for them. To us? Hurry up and start the damn game!

I'm not saying we go out of our way to honor the players and events prior to the team's arrival in the desert, but we shouldn't erase it either. Sort of like England colonizing North America...it happened, but we don't focus on those accomplishments a whole lot. ;)

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Honestly, how can this be topped?

upload_2021-8-10_19-3-46.jpeg

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Just a disclaimer. We love our Jets posters on this board. No hard feelings. You are all the real MVP and if we catch each other at a Yotes game I will buy you all a beer.
All the more reason to give them their history. It's theirs. Makes no sense for us to claim history from a team that exists right now. They should have the banners and ring of honor for ALL Jets players. Like I said earlier, there are Jets fans that would love to see some of their old players get jerseys retired or in a ring of honor, at an old timers game or fan meet and greet. Would anyone that started following the franchise after it moved here give a damn about Jets players of the past? It's a question of honoring the history or keeping it as an afterthought in my opinion.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
All the more reason to give them their history. It's theirs. Makes no sense for us to claim history from a team that exists right now. They should have the banners and ring of honor for ALL Jets players. Like I said earlier, there are Jets fans that would love to see some of their old players get jerseys retired or in a ring of honor, at an old timers game or fan meet and greet. Would anyone that started following the franchise after it moved here give a damn about Jets players of the past? It's a question of honoring the history or keeping it as an afterthought in my opinion.
Their history is Dany Heatley and Ilya Kovalchuk, they conveniently like to forget that. Sort of how we like to conveniently forget them (sans our beloved Jet posters obviously).

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Their history is Dany Heatley and Ilya Kovalchuk, they conveniently like to forget that. Sort of how we like to conveniently forget them (sans our beloved Jet posters obviously).
It’s a shame we can’t go back and relocate the Coyotes to Winnipeg a day before the Thrashers got kicked out of their arena. We could have then immediately relocated the Thrashers to Arizona. It would have been much less painful.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Solution:
  • Exchange the full Coyotes (NHL) Roster to Winnipeg for their full roster (each team gets to keep 5 current roster players--picks will remain as they are--pre-exchanged) There's only about a 2 million cap difference
  • Keep the Coyotes name and history
  • Adopt Ilya and Dany (not that I really want to claim them) into our history
  • Winnipeg regains their history
:sarcasm:
New C: Wheeler (if they don't keep him--please do)
New A: Scheifele (if they don't keep him)
New A: Chychrun (we obviously keep him)

Last edited:

rt

May 13, 2004
Solution:
  • Exchange the full Coyotes (NHL) Roster to Winnipeg for their full roster (each team gets to keep 5 current roster players--picks will remain as they are--pre-exchanged) There's only about a 2 million cap difference
  • Keep the Coyotes name and history
  • Adopt Ilya and Dany (not that I really want to claim them) into our history
  • Winnipeg regains their history

:sarcasm:
No no. We exchange the entire NHL rosters but they keep Wheeler and we keep Chychrun. :)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
So who honors the players if Winnipeg didn't get back into the NHL? We bought the franchise so the history, name etc. should be ours. What screws everything up is they still have the name. We should have been called the Jets and Winnipeg should have been called the Prairie Dog or whatever. We honor the Jet players and Winnipeg honor the Prairie Dogs. Winnipeg lost the franchisee and should lose all rights associated with the Jets, but that did not happen.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
So who honors the players if Winnipeg didn't get back into the NHL? We bought the franchise so the history, name etc. should be ours. What screws everything up is they still have the name. We should have been called the Jets and Winnipeg should have been called the Prairie Dog or whatever. We honor the Jet players and Winnipeg honor the Prairie Dogs. Winnipeg lost the franchisee and should lose all rights associated with the Jets, but that did not happen.
It's not the Fan's fault. The only people who are hurt by the loss of the history is the fans.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Should have done like the NFL's moving of Cleveland to Baltimore in '96. All the Cleveland history stayed there and the Ravens were considered an expansion team. All new records, etc. They learned from the move of the Colts to Indianapolis. The old Colts Hall of Famers wanted nothing to do with Indy, they were Baltimore Colts. The Coyotes should have done something similar.

Reactions: Jakey53 and RemoAZ

rt

May 13, 2004
We have beloved Jets posters? this is news to me.
Some of the best posters on this forum are OG Jets fans. I bet if you ranked all 50ish active posters on this board, you'd find you put at least 3-4 WPG guys in your top 10-12. And I'd be waiving and smiling at all of them from down there in my 47 slot. :)

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Wait I thought I was sitting in 47. Now I have to go find my ticket

We had great times and hard times as Jet fans. Even when our team was good the Oilers and Flames were better. Then relocation but you get over it.

This Year will be one of the most painful to watch but we will get over it. Favourite player is still the Bandit or Steen.

rt

May 13, 2004
Wait I thought I was sitting in 47. Now I have to go find my ticket

We had great times and hard times as Jet fans. Even when our team was good the Oilers and Flames were better. Then relocation but you get over it.

This Year will be one of the most painful to watch but we will get over it. Favourite player is still the Bandit or Steen.
I'm 50 but I have three posters on ignore, so I'll appear to myself to be 47th on the list. The dozens of people who have me on ignore, will wonder why it's a top 49, instead of top 50.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad