Confirmed with Link: Coyotes officially rebranding; sign with MullenLowe agency

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
NHL teams and players are already cool... it's hockey!

As far as edgy, most try to be the opposite, which is why interviews are so boring. The NHL is not the WWE.

Reactions: Yandover

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
So…what? Are we getting new logos? New uniforms? Is this just for next season’s marketing tagline (hungrier than ever/coyotes 2.0, etc.)? I don’t really get what this is

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
So…what? Are we getting new logos? New uniforms? Is this just for next season’s marketing tagline (hungrier than ever/coyotes 2.0, etc.)? I don’t really get what this is

You don't use the word "rebrand" on a new tagline. My guess is that it's either the Kachinas or a modification thereof. If it's a full rebrand, then it's going to be top-to-bottom down to the colors.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I get a sense that there will be a lot more in depth YouTube videos and they will be showcasing their team like an "influencer", using actual fashion (not just clothing) as a selling point. They want to create name recognition (beyond the team name) and get guys noticed in Scottsdale, Tempe and other areas where a younger crowd would potentially flock over and want autographs or buy tons of merch. Basically, all the people that drive me nuts and my wife pays attention to or inadvertently mimics, will be what the Coyotes try to mimic.

I'd anticipate tons of videos of players going to stores, restaurants, other sporting events, home BBQs and so on. The team will sell "air time" to companies that want additional attention. Player involvement in radio and podcasts will skyrocket. We want to be the cool kids on the block. They would do well to have player training videos on skating, shooting, positioning and so on. They will likely have giveaways based on some metric that helps spread the Coyotes name. Basically everything popular youtubers do.

This is not specific to YouTube but it's probably the best known metric. This is my impression. It's actually a great idea and we've seen brands blow up with similar strategies. If they go all out and not half ass it, I'd bet we see dividends but the team also needs to win. If we're a bunch of losers eating at a fancy restaurant, it will have a negative effect on any actual fan.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
They have some pretty big brands listed on their site. Pretty low bar where the team is sitting at currently marketing wise, so can't see a harm in this.

Reactions: JeffP

CanadianCoyote

Oct 11, 2020
Ontario, Canada
My sense from reading is that it's a media rebrand, not a on-ice rebrand, that we're bringing MullenLowe in for, given their clientelle. The team rebrand is still going to be handled internally, I'd imagine.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I just hope they don't embarrass themselves. Rebranding what will by most accounts here be a crappy team is odd, as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->