Confirmed with Link: Coyotes officially rebranding; sign with MullenLowe agency

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Me neither. Notable member. That's what she said.
8177E5BF-F8F5-4740-A81F-FE783C1B1E77.gif

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Seems like kinda the same as always. :dunno:

From a purely production value standpoint that's probably the best thing they've ever put out. Usually it's just footage of the crowd with a filter over it and some insert shots of single players at a rink somewhere.

It's meant to target new fans, so on that front I think they got it right.

“All the people in the film aren’t actors, just real people—local business owners, players from our local youth team programs, ranchers, craftspeople—it’s a true representation of Arizona’s diversity.”

That's cool.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Being outsiders is a joke as long as the on-ice product is. No one likes the weird kid naruto-running through the cafeteria but when the football player likes anime that’s when people are on board.

The coyotes right now are the Naruto-running nerd.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Hard for me to take any of that PR stuff seriously when the team is such an embarrassment on the ice. Almost like it would be better to wait a year or two to put together a really good PR campaign.

I was thinking they'd do a "grow with us" campaign, or something. Play upon the fresh start aspect as something your gonna wanna be a part of.

This commercial actually made me feel like ice hockey was really out of its element here lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakey53

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Hard for me to take any of that PR stuff seriously when the team is such an embarrassment on the ice. Almost like it would be better to wait a year or two to put together a really good PR campaign.

The team isn't embarrassing. They work really hard. They're just bad talent wise. People understand that implicitly. It was way more infuriating to watching a bunch of players play soft and under their talent level under Tocchet. No response after whistles, bad starts where they didn't care. Now the results are bad but they feel better most of the time. And there's a plan.

Even casual fans understand that having 8+ picks early in a draft is exciting and represents a fresh start for the team. And the team has been here almost 25 years, so there's no point in ducking where the organization is at or trying to hide until they're 'good'.

Phoenix has always been a fair weather city, so just putting your brand out there is a good idea.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I was thinking they'd do a "grow with us" campaign, or something. Play upon the fresh start aspect as something your gonna wanna be a part of.

This commercial actually made me feel like ice hockey was really out of its element here lol.

You're thinking like a Canadian would..... ;)

This is grass roots.... all the way down to the Native American grabbing the dirt..

Reactions: Kai Yo T

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
You're thinking like a Canadian would..... ;)

This is grass roots.... all the way down to the Native American grabbing the dirt..

I get it. We need to focus on the groups that make up the population and aren't familiar with hockey and get their attention. It's just a weird commercial from my pov.

They already have some of my $.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad