Confirmed with Link: Coyotes officially rebranding; sign with MullenLowe agency

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I'm 50 but I have three posters on ignore, so I'll appear to myself to be 47th on the list. The dozens of people who have me on ignore, will wonder why it's a top 49, instead of top 50.
Wait I thought I was sitting in 47. Now I have to go find my ticket

We had great times and hard times as Jet fans. Even when our team was good the Oilers and Flames were better. Then relocation but you get over it.

This Year will be one of the most painful to watch but we will get over it. Favourite player is still the Bandit or Steen.
It's very sweet of you two, propping me up to 45. This is the highest I've been in 10 years!

Reactions: Mangosteen and rt

Knights2017

Jan 13, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
Funny, my experience with Jets fans and people from Winnipeg are mired in grief and bullying since 1996. Couldn't give two hoots about Winnipeg, The Jets history or any of that.

Burn it all

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Funny, my experience with Jets fans and people from Winnipeg are mired in grief and bullying since 1996. Couldn't give two hoots about Winnipeg, The Jets history or any of that.

Burn it all
My interactions have been completely opposite. All the Jets fans I've interacted with, both on this board and in person, have been awesome people that love the game.

Reactions: Heldig

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
My interactions have been completely opposite. All the Jets fans I've interacted with, both on this board and in person, have been awesome people that love the game.

The Jets fans in F40 here have pretty much all been lovely. The Jets fans in the BoH have pretty much all been b***ards.

This topic seems to keep coming up every couple of years. For me, personally, every Winnipeg fan I ever met in person has been absolutely lovely, even back during the bankruptcy. The Winnipeg fans who were assholes, I ran into on Twitter and the BoH forum. And that has always made sense for me, because the former group loved hockey, and the latter group loved trolling. It's really as simple as that.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I remember back in 2011 before Winnipeg got the jets back, and when the coyotes were just a whim away from moving there, that their fans were absolutely insufferable. This was at least in the internet circles I was in at the time. It got to the point where when the jets returned they were my most hated team off the bat because I hated their fans so much.

That attitude I feel has dissipated since, I feel like jets fans don’t have quite as much animosity towards the coyotes for existing anymore (though there will always be a number that do) and now they’re really just another team to me

Knights2017

Jan 13, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
I remember back in 2011 before Winnipeg got the jets back, and when the coyotes were just a whim away from moving there, that their fans were absolutely insufferable. This was at least in the internet circles I was in at the time. It got to the point where when the jets returned they were my most hated team off the bat because I hated their fans so much.

That attitude I feel has dissipated since, I feel like jets fans don’t have quite as much animosity towards the coyotes for existing anymore (though there will always be a number that do) and now they’re really just another team to me

This is pretty much it for me as well.

Overall though, the day The Jets were moved from Atlanta is the day we should've pulled down and returned their banners.

Except we had the Canadian ice edge bozos as owners or close to it who wanted to embrace it.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun

The old AZ Republic comments section. Quite the steaming pile, it was.

Reactions: Knights2017

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Should have done like the NFL's moving of Cleveland to Baltimore in '96. All the Cleveland history stayed there and the Ravens were considered an expansion team. All new records, etc. They learned from the move of the Colts to Indianapolis. The old Colts Hall of Famers wanted nothing to do with Indy, they were Baltimore Colts. The Coyotes should have done something similar.
NFL had every intention of the Browns returning. Baltimore was treated as an expansion team and the Browns were "inactive". It was just a matter of getting money together and appeasing Modell at the same time. Doubt the NHL was expecting to see hockey in Winnipeg again.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This topic seems to keep coming up every couple of years. For me, personally, every Winnipeg fan I ever met in person has been absolutely lovely, even back during the bankruptcy. The Winnipeg fans who were assholes, I ran into on Twitter and the BoH forum. And that has always made sense for me, because the former group loved hockey, and the latter group loved trolling. It's really as simple as that.
Yup, gotta love social media. It brings out the worst in us.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This is pretty much it for me as well.

Overall though, the day The Jets were moved from Atlanta is the day we should've pulled down and returned their banners.

Except we had the Canadian ice edge bozos as owners or close to it who wanted to embrace it.
Those Canadian bozos kept our beloved Coyotes in the desert.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

As a long-standing Winnipeg Jet fan (I was a season ticket holder as a kid when they were in the WHA) I followed "MY" team when they moved to the desert. I could not change my allegiance simply because the team moved. Perhaps this was easier for me than a majority of Jets fans as I had moved to British Columbia before the team relocated. I was taken aback by some of the vitriol (from both sides) over the team moving. I was happy at the time the Coyotes kept a connection with the franchise history.

Then Winnipeg got their Jets back! I thought it was better to have a new name and a new history but they became Jets 2.0 Now I cheer for both teams. I echo the thoughts that the history hanging in the rafters in Arizona makes little sense now that the Jets franchise was reborn.

What is weird now for me is the Coyotes moving into the Central Division with the Jets. I basically follow these 2 teams and then casually watch a few select teams in the other divisions. For those teams it is more bandwagon fan than actual fan, mostly based on teams I find fun to watch and/or a few players I like.

With the Coyotes moving to the Central I will pay more attention to the Canucks now (my Pacific team if you will). Partly because I live in Canuck territory, partly because of OEL, and partly because they are going to be fun to watch with Pettersson, Hughes, and company.

In the Atlantic I flip flop a lot but mostly will follow Ottawa (a soft spot for the town I was born but also cause they are an emerging team).

In the Met I mostly follow the Islanders as they were my NHL team when I was a kid (Bryan Trottier and Dennis Potvin were my 2 favourite players).

Since the Jets should be really good (fingers crossed) and the Coyotes not so much (Shane Wright come on down) it is going to be a weird year to follow the Coyotes. That said, rt and others make this a great thread to be a part of. I look forward to seeing how the rookie coach does and if all the young guys stay in Tuscon (or the team opts to develop them in the NHL).

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'm 50 but I have three posters on ignore, so I'll appear to myself to be 47th on the list. The dozens of people who have me on ignore, will wonder why it's a top 49, instead of top 50.
Who do I have to schtup to get into the top 50?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Although, SniperHF, me, and Rabbit are on the Notable Members list for having the most media. I had no idea until today.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/members/?type=xengallery_media
XX is on the most points list.

We’ll never know on likes because the Canes sub forum all likes every post made there. Lol.

I’d bet a lot of money that I’m #1 all-time on actual hockey related messages on HF. If you remove OT, Lounge, Page 2, etc messages, I’m definitely up there. Haha. Most of those guys have majority non hockey posts.

That I’ve subjected this forum to all of that is why I’m #50.

Reactions: GiveAFlyingPuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad