Confirmed with Link: Coyotes officially rebranding; sign with MullenLowe agency

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
There was also this logo under consideration when the team came to AZ. Looks very ECHL.

e7bdfe9c-5602-4205-847c-9beb55126b6f-IMG_0990.JPEG
Looks like the lead character of a hockey game for the ps2. I can see why they would’ve wanted that as it would’ve appealed a lot to kids, but still woof (pun intended)

Reactions: Summer Rose

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Looks like the lead character of a hockey game for the ps2. I can see why they would’ve wanted that as it would’ve appealed a lot to kids, but still woof (pun intended)

A very 90's logo for sure, fits right in with the Islanders Fisherman, the Mighty Duck breaking out of the ice...

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I’ve always kind of wished they were named something else. Coyotes feels kind of minor league and I’ve always hated the term “yotes”
I hate the name Coyotes. If you think back 20 years ago, who would have ever thought what happened would even be possible. It's really laughable, a story so crazy you would think it has to be fiction. The funniest part is that it continues to this very day. This saga is going to last for the next three four years, at a minimum. This would make for a great documentary, but would probably be labeled a comedy. And we wonder why people laugh at us.

87turbobuick

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix
If the team is going to be inclusive why did BA not trade for Reeves for a nothing pick? I hear they may sign Scott Gomez to work the PP. If they go the NBA way of social awareness I will not watch.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I thought the rebrand was just about the messaging to go along with the Kachina kit? Never considered a name change. Not sure the league even allows that?

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I thought the rebrand was just about the messaging to go along with the Kachina kit? Never considered a name change. Not sure the league even allows that?
The name is not changing.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
For what it's worth, the other names under consideration in 1996: Moon Doggies, Phreeze, Goal Miners, Scorpions, Jets

Thank f*** we aren't any of those first 3.
That’s for sure. The name is excellent and there is nothing minor league about it IMO. And the howl is THE BEST.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
For what it's worth, the other names under consideration in 1996: Moon Doggies, Phreeze, Goal Miners, Scorpions, Jets

Thank f*** we aren't any of those first 3.

Moon Doggies? Really lol?

Edit: makes me think of Zappa's daughter's name Moon Unit

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Not sure why they call it teal instead of turquoise. There are turquoise mines here just like copper.

Because actual turquoise coloring doesn't pop in designs like teal does. Generally, the branding guidelines will say that the teal represents the turquoise. Actual turquoise is too dark.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Same. Don’t think the uniforms or name will change on this. I think it’s just going to be marketing creative that changes.

Name is not changing. But it's impossible to change the team's color palette and not change the uniforms.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Rocky Mountain Xtreme (Colorado Avalanche) Chicago Rhythm (Chicago Fire). Lots of horrible branding that almost happened in the silly 90's.
The Wild was chosen over Blue Ox, Voyagers, Freeze, White Bears and Northern Lights. At the time I was still living in Minny and hated them all, especially Wild. I knew people were going to say Wilds and that word hurts my ears.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
The Wild was chosen over Blue Ox, Voyagers, Freeze, White Bears and Northern Lights. At the time I was still living in Minny and hated them all, especially Wild. I knew people were going to say Wilds and that word hurts my ears.
The logo is excellent and gives credibility to the name, which at first was suspect IMO.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
The logo is excellent and gives credibility to the name, which at first was suspect IMO.
Yeah it worked and is a good brand and name today. At the time though it sucked, and their unis looked like christmas trees. My gf at the time bought me an authentic jersey and I have it in my closet to this day. Never wore it. Not once.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad