Speculation: Coyotes 2021 Offseason Roster Discussion Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I did a Google translate. He seems thrilled to be heading to Arizona. He was apparently pretty miserable in Vancouver. Sounds like things got pretty toxic. He felt like they were treating him badly in order to convince him to give up and leave. Yikes.

Two sides to every story.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
I would be shocked if he brings anything special to Arizona but he cannot be any worse then he was in Vancouver so there is room to improve. I'll never u understand these pros that pocket millions of dollars though and don't perform despite the conditions of where they are playing. I mean if you're good shouldn't you be good regardless? And if conditions are toxic, help your cause by performing appropriate to your contract. That will either get you in better with the team that has you or cause other teams to inquire about your availability.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Some highlights from the translation of that Loui Eriksson article:

Despite the treatment Loui Eriksson had to endure as the closest outcast in the Vancouver Canucks, he throws no shit at southwestern Canada, just looks ahead, longs to take the family (Mrs. Mikaela , four children) and fly to Phoenix.

36 years old, it is as if the former Frölunda striker has been given new life.
- Yes, like starting all over again, he says and smiles.
Not just with the mouth. The eyes, the whole face work. It is clear that the shackles that have kept Loui Eriksson's hockey career locked have finally been shattered.

## Second year Travis Green came in as coach, he and Loui were never a match made in heaven ( rather a warmer place). During the WC 2019, Loui said to Hockeysverige.se:
"Me and the coach do not really get together a hundred and it is difficult when I do not get the same confidence that I got from all the other coaches I had during my career."
## The relationship is basically irreparable thereafter. To make a long story short, the Canucks - with GM Jim Benning at the helm - for the past two years basically tried to freeze Eriksson, the club hoped that the Swede would get tired, leave the money on the table and pull.

I'm not expecting much of anything from Eriksson, but it does look like he's got something to prove this season, and I'm thinking that he's gonna have a lot of loyalty to the one team in the NHL who might give him one more shot at a good ending for his career.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
You could make the case that Vancouver was bad for Loui and getting out will do wonders for him. His numbers prior were always pretty solid but around the time he signed that contract, he was looking like he could slow down. If he ends up a 15-15 player for us and does a good job on D, I'll be happy to have him on the roster.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Depending on Armstrong's opinion of Kotkaniemi's remaining potential, would a match and trade around him & Dvorak make sense? MB wouldn't have to deal with the optics of "giving into" DW and could avoid KK's awkward return to MTL and salary cap issues. Not to mention, his age and being NHL ready is better suited to our timeline than yet another pick in the 2022 draft or Dvorak. Also keeps our Center depth respectable next season.
Montreal cannot trade KK for a year if they match, at that point he is once again an RFA.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Talk is cheap.

Two sides to every story.

So I guess both sides talk cheap???

5ao.gif

Reactions: Jakey53

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Having some fun, nothing serious.

Dvorak + 2022 1st (Colorado) + Conditional 2023 1st (Arizona) (Eichel plays more than 41 games in 2023) + Hayton + 2022 2nd (San Jose) + 2023 3rd (Arizona)

For

Eichel + Eakin + Conditional 2023 1st (Buffalo) (Eichel plays less than 41 games in the 2022/23 season)

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Assuming it would have value to Buffalo, and it doesn't suck all our monies away, that Eichel deal is maybe a good idea if we really want to go boom or bust on a franchise C.

Eakin fills in Dvorak's spot for a year. Eichel gets his surgery and sits out the year, coming back to play in 22/23, hopefully along side Wright because we were so bad we finished last and didn't get bumped out of picking 1st OA.

Keller - Eichel - Guenther
Maccelli - Wright - Jenik
McCartney - Schmaltz - RW
Crouse - Farnacci - Fisher

Chychrun - Soderstrom
Kolyachonok - Timmins
Moser - Lyubushkin

Provetsov

That's potentially very solid in 2-4 years...

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020

I did a Google translate. He seems thrilled to be heading to Arizona. He was apparently pretty miserable in Vancouver. Sounds like things got pretty toxic. He felt like they were treating him badly in order to convince him to give up and leave. Yikes.

If anyone in the thread understands Swedish I'd appreciate a paraphrase of what he's saying, both in the Tweet and in the original article Mobbningen av Loui är över: ”Som att börja om på nytt” (Not 100% sold on Google translate). Wonder how much weight we should put into things like him saying Vancouver "bullied" or references to "the freezer". Thanks in advance.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Also, curious to see what Coyotes fans would hope to see to consider the season a success (or at least make you guys not want to form a mob). Sell off everything that could garner value but Chychrun/ Keller/ Schmaltz, and build around them? Would you guys expect them to just keep taking on garbage contracts for picks? Also curious to see if anyone would get season tickets or even go to any games.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Also, curious to see what Coyotes fans would hope to see to consider the season a success (or at least make you guys not want to form a mob). Sell off everything that could garner value but Chychrun/ Keller/ Schmaltz, and build around them? Would you guys expect them to just keep taking on garbage contracts for picks? Also curious to see if anyone would get season tickets or even go to any games.
We will continue to weaponize the cap until we have either replenished our prospect pool and/or have a roster worthy of spending that cap space on. Zero f***s given on what anyone thinks about that.

success this year is development of prospects and implementation of a work ethic and system of play with new coaching staff. Would like some of the young players to step forward and become core players of our future. Ideally finish with a top 3 pick this year.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
We will continue to weaponize the cap until we have either replenished our prospect pool and/or have a roster worthy of spending that cap space on. Zero f***s given on what anyone thinks about that.

success this year is development of prospects and implementation of a work ethic and system of play with new coaching staff. Would like some of the young players to step forward and become core players of our future. Ideally finish with a top 3 pick this year.
100%

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017

This might be exactly how i view this season...

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I just hope Andrew Ladd or Loui don’t Dave Moss our lottery pick away

I remember a game in 2009. Last game of the season against Anaheim. Went to a shootout, and if we got the win/extra point we dropped a draft position. Viktor freakin Tikhonov ended up squeaking one past the Duck’s keeper to win it for us. We ended up dropping out of the top 5 to 6th overall. Not that OEL was a bad consolation prize, but still funny to think back on

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ

Wonder how a certain Swede, new to the Canucks, will survive in that environment.

rt

May 13, 2004
Wonder how a certain Swede, new to the Canucks, will survive in that environment.
I think if OEL has a big bounce-back season, he'll have two more. If he struggles next season, he'll never bounce back. I think next season is really going to define everything for him in Vancouver.

rt

May 13, 2004
It would be fascinating to see the habs fans meltdown if we can pry Romanov away in a Dvorak trade. They’re over there suggesting no name C-level prospects+2nd/3rd round picks
I’d be excited if we traded Dvorak for Romanov if we had some temporary center situation lined up. Reason being that we lost Garland. And as a result lost someone who brought that moxy. That swagger. The fun of watching a skilled player with that much fire. I like Dvorak but he’s the most boring player in the world. Romanov brings some of that fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad