Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Feeling nostalgic

Remember when we had Dvorak, Perlini, Domi and Duclair as our core? In retrospect, it’s not all what it was cracked up to be, but man was I feeling good about the future. Especially seeing Domi and Duke in their rookie seasons. I loved watching the killer D’S. Then we had a killer draft in 2016 that saw us bring in Keller, Chychrun and DeAngelo. I had some serious hope back then.

Tocchet and Chayka really pulled the rug from underneath us. Tocc was never really a good coach, but I liked Chayka. I was naive but I had never seen someone so aggressive to try and build a winning team, which in turn ended up being his biggest fault.

Nice to relive the memories though, and he did bring some good in. The Chychrun and Dvo contracts were good gambles, while the Keller and Schmaltz were too risky. Still, I have faith in Kells, and Schmaltz is a good player that’s good Verlaine for the time being.

Funny to finish up my thoughts and post them only to see you had since added this post...guess we were on the same feels (or lack their of) train. haha

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It's kind of sad but at this point, I honestly don't care who gets traded. I don't hate the players or anything but there's just no one that I'd really hate to see go. I suppose Chychrun but that's about it. There is no Doan, no Yandle not even a Domi that would get a reaction out of me if they were traded. I was disappointed about OEL but that's more like a sad but an amicable split of a relationship that just wasn't working out so not really the same thing. At this point the only thing that'll get a reaction out of me is if the deal doesn't return market value or higher. I honestly can't remember the last time I had this low of emotional investment in Coyotes players. I'm not going anywhere but it really takes the fun out of being a fan. My optimism right now rests solely on the fact that I believe this group has the will to rebuild properly and that, IMO, is our best chance at seeing a Coyotes team that is an actual cup contender on day.
That’s why losing Garland sucked. And why I’m hoping for Romanov out of those Dvorak rumors. Get some likable guys back in here. Some entertainment value.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

rt

May 13, 2004
Had a chat with the Montreal fans in their forum. I’m excited for them. If it happens, they will love the player. It’s cool to watch fans get excited about a player acquisition. It’s been a long time since we have seen that. And it’s so few and far between

gonna be weird to watch this team the next couple years. Especially with relocation haunting us again. Hoping this arena shit figures itself out and that we finally get some luck in the draft, but it’s hard to even try to get excited about it.
Wright or Die!

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Hey guys... do you think Dvorak can explode like Domi and Strome after traded out of Arizona? I like the profile of Dvorak, he looks a underrated player.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Explode is a bit much. They both had one good season after leaving AZ. Dvorak is the best player of the three and he'd be pretty solid in Montreal. I wouldn't expect him to explode though. He's done well for us and I'd expect that to continue.

Reactions: hbk and SR

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'd be pretty happy with a Romanov+ Sean Farrell for Dvorak kind of trade.
Farrell lead Doan's team in points last season and is a boom or bust prospect but has good upside if he booms. Romanov shores up the yotes future blue line for sure with him and Chych.
Maybe make a move after with Carolina that gets Drury over here to fill the void at center...
Gardiner + Drury for Kessel @50% and a late second or something with less value than a second if they can.

Still doubt Montreal considers moving Romanov for Dvorak though.. I personally wouldn't if I was in their situation.
Farrell is a midget. I have seen enough of those on the Yote's for a lifetime.

rt

May 13, 2004
Hey guys... do you think Dvorak can explode like Domi and Strome after traded out of Arizona? I like the profile of Dvorak, he looks a underrated player.
There are currently bozos trashing Dvorak for getting too much of his offense on the PP. There were six NHL teams with more Power Play goals than the Coyotes last season. There were seven teams with fewer even strength goals last season. Dvorak didn’t pick which team he played for.

Reactions: SR and Jakey53

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Play him with quality offensive players and he'll score. That's why most of his points come on the power play. He mostly plays with guys that can't score and play a little D as he plays against the other team's best scorers. That's what the "experts" in all the ridiculous trade threads that don't watch him play don't understand.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Play him with quality offensive players and he'll score. That's why most of his points come on the power play. He mostly plays with guys that can't score and play a little D as he plays against the other team's best scorers. That's what the "experts" in all the ridiculous trade threads that don't watch him play don't understand.

25 goals, 60 points. He can put that if he play with players like Mike Hoffman, Josh Anderson?

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
If by explode, you mean have one strong season and then fall apart - no. Dvorak is much less fragile than the other two.

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
"Explode"?? That's a stretch. For Strome, 3OA pick, barely .60 ppg, and Chicago looking to trade him. Domi, 12OA pick, .64 ppg, probably looking at his 4th team in 7 yrs. Your definition of "explode" is a lot more different than mine. Dvorak ain't going anywhere (I hope).

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Woah, good to hear. I really like the potential of KK, but if Habs can acquire Dvorak, i'm very happy with that. He looks like a pretty underrated player.
He's not going to come cheap though. The Coyotes are no longer managed by idiots. Dvorak has everything you guys need to replace Danault, and you will love him, but you won't be happy with the return. I can guarantee that. We aren't selling him; you guys are buying him. So be prepared for that.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Now would be a good time to check back in with Boston to see if they’re still interested in a Krecji replacement.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
There are currently bozos trashing Dvorak for getting too much of his offense on the PP. There were six NHL teams with more Power Play goals than the Coyotes last season. There were seven teams with fewer even strength goals last season. Dvorak didn’t pick which team he played for.
It's not a completely incorrect thought as there really aren't that many teams that would have Dvorak on their PP. I like Dvorak but he isn't playing 1st PP on many teams, and possibly not even 2nd. I think his steadiness would make for a great PK'er. A very valuable commodity with that contract.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I'ld be very disappointed if we do trade Dvorak. For the Habs I'm guessing upgrade 2 2nds, Poehling, & Gohle if one of their goalies isn't involved.
Dvorak, NYI 2nd, Col 2nd
Poehling, Gohle, Mon 1st, Car 1st

We have a full roster with a couple of holes in the line-up (goaltending).

Carey Price? Would the Habs retain on him?

rt

May 13, 2004
I'ld be very disappointed if we do trade Dvorak. For the Habs I'm guessing upgrade 2 2nds, Poehling, & Gohle if one of their goalies isn't involved.
Dvorak, NYI 2nd, Col 2nd
Poehling, Gohle, Mon 1st, Car 1st

We have a full roster with a couple of holes in the line-up (goaltending).

Carey Price? Would the Habs retain on him?
The draft is in Montreal. They’re not trading both 1sts.

Reactions: Schemp

rt

May 13, 2004
I don't see a trade with with the Habs happening then, not for Dvorak.
They’ll trade one 1st. Not both. And I don’t think there’s a way we get both Guhle and a 1st. It’ll be one or the other. And some other pieces.

Guhle OR 1st
AND
Poehling OR Primeau
AND
Something less than Primeau or Poehling that’s dependent on the structure of the above options. If it’s the pick, another prospect. If it’s Guhle, another pick. Like that. Think Struble/Tuch/future conditional 2nd/3rd kind of level. Like that.

And it won’t be Romanov. He helps them win right now and is cheap. He’s staying put.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad