Speculation: Coyotes 2021 Offseason Roster Discussion Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
It would be fascinating to see the habs fans meltdown if we can pry Romanov away in a Dvorak trade. They’re over there suggesting no name C-level prospects+2nd/3rd round picks

I don't even wanna trade Dvorak really, but if the deal is great and some Habs fans get a little pissed because of it, I'm all for it haha! I wouldn't even rub it in, I would read angry post after angry post in silence and with a smile though lol.

Reactions: JasonDemersWasOkay

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
I'd be pretty happy with a Romanov+ Sean Farrell for Dvorak kind of trade.
Farrell lead Doan's team in points last season and is a boom or bust prospect but has good upside if he booms. Romanov shores up the yotes future blue line for sure with him and Chych.
Maybe make a move after with Carolina that gets Drury over here to fill the void at center...
Gardiner + Drury for Kessel @50% and a late second or something with less value than a second if they can.

Still doubt Montreal considers moving Romanov for Dvorak though.. I personally wouldn't if I was in their situation.

paramo

Oct 15, 2020
If anyone in the thread understands Swedish I'd appreciate a paraphrase of what he's saying, both in the Tweet and in the original article Mobbningen av Loui är över: ”Som att börja om på nytt” (Not 100% sold on Google translate). Wonder how much weight we should put into things like him saying Vancouver "bullied" or references to "the freezer". Thanks in advance.

Not my first language but i'll give it a try as best I can...

The mentions of bullying and being put in the freezer are not made directly by Louie, although his replies are confirming the situation. The two longest quotes reads something like this:

Regarding the last few years in Vancouver:
"Obviously it's been tough. What can I say... I've tried to work on alongside, kept myself going, hustle on as best as i've could. But it does tear your mind, after all I've been in the NHL for a lot of years, you want to help (the team). Those who know me know that i've always been a loyal player who wants to do everything for the team, it's tough then not to be able to jump in and go. But I had to do the best from the situation. It's been a lot of training, especially the last season"

Regarding the treatment from the management:
"I never wanted to give up. They knew that. The only thing I could do was to be down there (in the ice rink), put on a good mood, hustle hard, train every day. It was what it was. I've wanted to get away from this a long time, let's make no bones about that, but since my contract was so big it's been tough. But it sure had been fun if it had happened a few years ago, Loui admits."

Reactions: PettersonHughes

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'd be pretty happy with a Romanov+ Sean Farrell for Dvorak kind of trade.
Farrell lead Doan's team in points last season and is a boom or bust prospect but has good upside if he booms. Romanov shores up the yotes future blue line for sure with him and Chych.
Maybe make a move after with Carolina that gets Drury over here to fill the void at center...
Gardiner + Drury for Kessel @50% and a late second or something with less value than a second if they can.

Still doubt Montreal considers moving Romanov for Dvorak though.. I personally wouldn't if I was in their situation.
Really like both of those trades.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

Great how the hell am I supposed to get the rest of my work done on a Friday afternoon before a long weekend with this carrot dangling in front of my now. Guess Twitter will be on my second monitor and my fingers on the refresh hotkeys while I try to wrap up emails with the other hand.

Reactions: 0point1

rt

May 13, 2004
I’d like that but I’m not holding my breath. I don’t think we are going to get a valuable, cheap, roster player. I think it’s going to be something like CAR 1st, Poehling, Primeau, and Byron (dump) for Dvorak and Korenar.
Wouldn’t mind Kulak in there somehow. With Capo going back. Maybe a pick.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
WHOA. I’d say you have to take out one of Guhle or the 1st.

Poehling is 22 and hasn't proven anything at the NHL level. Just the opposite. Guhle was drafted high but I don't value him as a top pair defender at all. The first will be late, because it's coming from two quasi contenders.

This player is worth more than Kuemper and Byron is a straight up dump.

I think that's what it takes for BA, and what it takes for Montreal. They don't sacrifice anything off the current roster.

rt

May 13, 2004
Poehling is 22 and hasn't proven anything at the NHL level. Just the opposite. Guhle was drafted high but I don't value him as a top pair defender at all. The first will be late, because it's coming from two quasi contenders.

This player is worth more than Kuemper and Byron is a straight up dump.

I think that's what it takes for BA, and what it takes for Montreal. They don't sacrifice anything off the current roster.
I sure hope you’re right.

I do wonder if we’ve got our eyes on Primeau.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Unless we’re getting Romanov I’m not really interested in more prospect Dmen. I think the timmins and chonk trades kind of young defenseman-ed me out a bit. Hell the main reason I want Romanov is cuz it would make MTL fans freak out.

Also is there any chance we’d get Drouin as a dump rather than Byron?

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Unless we’re getting Romanov I’m not really interested in more prospect Dmen. I think the timmins and chonk trades kind of young defenseman-ed me out a bit. Hell the main reason I want Romanov is cuz it would make MTL fans freak out.

Extra chips are good to have though. Especially when you will be drafting high the next two seasons and have 50m in cap space. Maybe Guhle and the CO 1st are used to move in the 11-15 range? Maybe Koly + a 1st is able us to land a solid youngish top 6 winger on a cap strapped team. We have too many picks at this point to not trade or consolidate them. We are quickly getting that way with our defensive depth for bottom four guys.

rt

May 13, 2004

1. Romanov+Drouin+MTL '23 2nd for Dvorak+Kessel(50%)+Capobianco
2. Georgiev for NYI '22 2nd+Korenar
3. Gardiner+Bokk for '23 VAN 7th

Out:
Dvorak
2nd
Kessel
Korenar
Capobianco
7th

In:
Romanov
Georgiev
Bokk
2nd
Gardiner

So cutting out the semantics and trimming the fat it ends up Dvorak+Kessel for Romanov+Georgiev+Bokk

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Extra chips are good to have though. Especially when you will be drafting high the next two seasons and have 50m in cap space. Maybe Guhle and the CO 1st are used to move in the 11-15 range? Maybe Koly + a 1st is able us to land a solid youngish top 6 winger on a cap strapped team. We have too many picks at this point to not trade or consolidate them. We are quickly getting that way with our defensive depth for bottom four guys.

There are three full time NHL D on the roster. Stralman is gassed and can't play big minutes. Timmins has had injury issues. The Coyotes are not in any danger of not having enough open spots or opportunity for what young D there are in the system. Many of them will bust or not be good enough.

They should use all of the picks as given as well. Deal a surplus away when you actually have a measurable one. This team is basically going to be in limbo until a 1C emerges, or a preponderance of talent spread around the roster.

Reactions: Grimes

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Had a chat with the Montreal fans in their forum. I’m excited for them. If it happens, they will love the player. It’s cool to watch fans get excited about a player acquisition. It’s been a long time since we have seen that. And it’s so few and far between

gonna be weird to watch this team the next couple years. Especially with relocation haunting us again. Hoping this arena shit figures itself out and that we finally get some luck in the draft, but it’s hard to even try to get excited about it.

Reactions: 0point1 and RemoAZ

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
If we do trade Dvorak to Montreal, I wonder if we'll get back one of their goalies? Also if their 2 1sts for 2 of our 2nds be part of the deal.

It would be funny if it ends up being Schmaltz instead of CD.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Feeling nostalgic

Remember when we had Dvorak, Perlini, Domi and Duclair as our core? In retrospect, it’s not all what it was cracked up to be, but man was I feeling good about the future. Especially seeing Domi and Duke in their rookie seasons. I loved watching the killer D’S. Then we had a killer draft in 2016 that saw us bring in Keller, Chychrun and DeAngelo. I had some serious hope back then.

Tocchet and Chayka really pulled the rug from underneath us. Tocc was never really a good coach, but I liked Chayka. I was naive but I had never seen someone so aggressive to try and build a winning team, which in turn ended up being his biggest fault.

Nice to relive the memories though, and he did bring some good in. The Chychrun and Dvo contracts were good gambles, while the Keller and Schmaltz were too risky. Still, I have faith in Kells, and Schmaltz is a good player that’s good Verlaine for the time being.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Remember when we had Dvorak, Perlini, Domi and Duclair as our core? In retrospect, it’s not all what it was cracked up to be, but man was I feeling good about the future. Especially seeing Domi and Duke in their rookie seasons. I loved watching the killer D’S. Then we had a killer draft in 2016 that saw us bring in Keller, Chychrun and DeAngelo. I had some serious hope back then.
Let’s be real here, other than the failed almost-playoff berth in 2018-19, the most fun I’ve had as a coyotes fan in the last 5 years was the first half of that 2015-16 season. I remember one game against the oilers where OEL got the OT winner in the last second in a game where they came from behind like 3 times. I think Domi had a hat trick. After the misery of 2015 and the failed draft lottery, it was the first time we had felt hope in a while.

Man were we naive to what was coming for us.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
It's kind of sad but at this point, I honestly don't care who gets traded. I don't hate the players or anything but there's just no one that I'd really hate to see go. I suppose Chychrun but that's about it. There is no Doan, no Yandle not even a Domi that would get a reaction out of me if they were traded. I was disappointed about OEL but that's more like a sad but an amicable split of a relationship that just wasn't working out so not really the same thing. At this point the only thing that'll get a reaction out of me is if the deal doesn't return market value or higher. I honestly can't remember the last time I had this low of emotional investment in Coyotes players. I'm not going anywhere but it really takes the fun out of being a fan. My optimism right now rests solely on the fact that I believe this group has the will to rebuild properly and that, IMO, is our best chance at seeing a Coyotes team that is an actual cup contender on day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad