Speculation: Coyotes 2021 Offseason Roster Discussion Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Remember when we were worried about Armstrong not having an Assistant GM to bounce ideas off of.

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Remember when we were worried about Armstrong bot having an Assistant GM to bounce ideas off of.
I still am. He's an amateur scout, surrounded by amateur scouts, and only worrying about the draft and nothing else. It's scary. Really.

If the Coyotes finish the season with 150GF and 300GA, what does that do to Chychrun, Keller, Dvorak, and Tourigny? Especially if it means a 3rd overall pick. You can still be a bottom five team will a -50 goal differential. It doesn't have to be an absolute catastrophe.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I still am. He's an amateur scout, surrounded by amateur scouts, and only worrying about the draft and nothing else. It's scary. Really.

If the Coyotes finish the season with 150GF and 300GA, what does that do to Chychrun, Keller, Dvorak, and Tourigny? Especially if it means a 3rd overall pick. You can still be a bottom five team will a -50 goal differential. It doesn't have to be an absolute catastrophe.
I think:

Under 150 goals for the year
Over 300 goals allowed
Under 50 points

The danger in being real bad is ruining Chych/Keller/DVO and any other young guys. If you want a loosing culture, we will have it now. I worry about what every player thinks now, knowing the team will suck?

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I think:

Over 300 goals allowed
Under 50 points

The danger in being real bad is ruining Chych/Keller/DVO and any other young guys. If you want a loosing culture, we will have it now. I worry about what every player thinks now, knowing the team will suck?
Mostly worried about Chychrun.

Reactions: Jakey53

Headcrush19

Jul 2, 2021
I think:

Over 300 goals allowed
Under 50 points

I actually like our defence better now.Foward group isn't bad.Jaskin's was a good add.Mvp of khl.A few rookies will get a chance to get on the lineup.Im a little concerned about goaltending however and I hope neither Beagle,Erickson make it into the lineup.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I actually like our defence better now.Foward group isn't bad.Jaskin's was a good add.Mvp of khl.A few rookies will get a chance to get on the lineup.Im a little concerned about goaltending however and I hope neither Beagle,Erickson make it into the lineup.
We lost our 2 best defensive D in OEL/Goose and our vezina level goal tending. We didn't replace them. I don't know how we can stop anyone. We couldn't score last year and now Garland is gone, soon Kessel will be gone too. It could be record year for futility, hope I am wrong. We have to be the heavy favorite for worst team in the NHL.

Reactions: Jakey53

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017

Although I agree with everything you are saying here…. The 3rd overall pick in this draft is perfectly fine. With the talent in this draft the 10th pick is still very good

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
We lost our 2 best defensive D in OEL/Goose and our vezina level goal tending. We didn't replace them. I don't know how we can stop anyone. We couldn't score last year and now Garland is gone, soon Kessel will be gone too. It could be record year for futility, hope I am wrong. We have to be the heavy favorite for worst team in the NHL.

Timmins is a solid defender.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I think:

Over 300 goals allowed
Under 50 points

It can be pretty unhealthy, BUT if they go into the season with a chip and keep it…

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
In The Box - July 30, 2021 - Hour 4

I haven’t listened yet. But apparently a good source is saying Brannstrom could be traded for a player that helps them today. They may want a center.

Brannstrom is an NHL player and is four years younger than Dvorak, and a year younger than Timmins.

I could see BA being excited about this concept:

Keller-*Wright*-Guenther

Chychrun-Timmins
Brannstrom-Soderstrom

Prosvetov

^ I don’t want to trade Dvorak for Brannstrom. But I could absolutely see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad