OT: Covid-19 (Part 39) Subject Line Restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
While gyms aren’t a huge problem I don’t think the major spreader gym put them in a good light. Really unfortunate.

Doesn't work that way.

Why not keep everything open until they cause a major breakout? That is just asking for it to keep spreading.

Lots of things are closed proactively but again, gyms are blamed here when they shouldn't be.

The changes are extremely insignificant IMO. It's not much so I don't see the point.
That's my point. These measures are very insignificant.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016

So as of Thursday, people 55 and over can show up to designated clinics with no appointment and get the AZ vaccine. It will be identified that it's the AZ vaccine available.

This probably means there vaccination opens up to 60 and under with conditions and essential workers this week! The problem is... everyone will jump to be first. The servers might crash hardcore, and a bunch of tech savvy, otherwise healthy people, will be assholes and sign up everywhere..

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
This probably means there vaccination opens up to 60 and under with conditions and essential workers this week! The problem is... everyone will jump to be first. The servers might crash hardcore, and a bunch of tech savvy, otherwise healthy people, will be assholes and sign up everywhere..

Why would they sign up at more than one place?

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Why would they sign up at more than one place?
People have been doing it nonstop. There were multiple reports of it happening (booking at several places; no showing at all but one).

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
People have been doing it nonstop. There were multiple reports of it happening (booking at several places; no showing at all but one).

Confused why they would do it. You can select a date on the booking website. Don't like the dates available? Just go back and select another place...

Reactions: A Loyal Dog

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

It's the phone system who initially crashed
they're starting to give AZ without appointment. So that's good news.

I have good confidence about the system capacity. I took appointments today while on high demand. The slot time was taken before sending my request, I was able to change it pretty fast.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Confused why they would do it. You can select a date on the booking website. Don't like the dates available? Just go back and select another place...
I agree with you. I’m just scared I won’t be fast enough, and I’ll be stuck with a late date...

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
It's the phone system who initially crashed
they're starting to give AZ without appointment. So that's good news.

I have good confidence about the system capacity. I took appointments today while on high demand. The slot time was taken before sending my request, I was able to change it pretty fast.
I sure hope so!

Reactions: llamateizer

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
60+ all Quebec this week...

Under 60 with conditions still nowhere in sight...

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
So. If u go in the massive centers with appointments you get Pzifer.
If u go through pharmacy, you get Moderna.
If you go sans rendezvous, you get Astra.

Revansky

Mar 17, 2013
Montreal
The strategy to get the people to take the AZ vaccine seems like a good one.

We may hit 60-70 k of doses per day if people between 55-60 take the AZ vaccine.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
They are next.
the 55+ AZ opening should be announced

The announced it in the presser today. So as of Thursday morning, people aged 55 and over can go to designated places to receive the AZ vaccine without appointment.

They mentioned that the Olympic Stadium and Palais de Congrès will be two of those designated places. I think if I understood properly, they will release all of the places available for this tomorrow.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
60+ all Quebec this week...

Under 60 with conditions still nowhere in sight...
Dube just said we should have more info tomorrow or Thursday for group 8 & 9.

Group 8 : Adults under 60 years of age who have a chronic disease or health problem that increases the risk of complications of COVID‑19

Group 9 : Adults under 60 years of age who do not have a chronic disease or health problem that increases the risk of complications, but who provide essential services and have contact with users;

Group 10 is the rest of the population.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Dube just said we should have more info tomorrow or Thursday for group 8 & 9.

Group 8 : Adults under 60 years of age who have a chronic disease or health problem that increases the risk of complications of COVID‑19

Group 9 : Adults under 60 years of age who do not have a chronic disease or health problem that increases the risk of complications, but who provide essential services and have contact with users;

Group 10 is the rest of the population.
They shouldn’t be grouping group 8 and 9 together. I’m sorry, but at least give group 8 a few days, at the very least, to take their appointments first. Our situation is especially dangerous considering some of the conditions we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln