OT: Covid-19 (Part 39) Subject Line Restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
Don't underestimate human greediness. We are at this time implementing ways of stoping people from overbooking. We already started creating failsafes and had to create a team workforce just to find and eliminate 'doublons'(multiples), or even more, in the clic santé system. Just having the system correct itself and perform this wasn't a very good option for various complicated reasons.

As for Quebec right now the record number for a single person was 19 appointments in 3 different vaccination centres in the month of April. Those people are taking not just our staff from more important issues and alocated monetary resources...

Most targeted people have from 2 to 3 appointments, forget they took the other ones in the first place once they found better dates or simply don't care at all of the outcome.

We had to implement new directives to call centres for the telephonists to now ask when patients call: "Would you like a vaccination appointment" followed by "Do you have one already?"
Also for the courtesy calls reminding people of their appointments 48 hours prior to vaccination: "Can we confirm your presence in 48 hours?" followed by "Do you have any other appointments we could cancel for you?"

The statistics coming out from freed up vaccines from those 2 added question(which again take stats times/queue times up) have made it possible to save a significant amount of vaccines.

Haha sorry for the very long text.

So is the bulk of unused times slots people multibooking and not using?

Also, I wonder how that was overlooked during the design phase. First thing that crossed my mind when I was looking at click santé.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
So is the bulk of unused times slots people multibooking and not using?

Also, I wonder how that was overlooked during the design phase. First thing that crossed my mind when I was looking at click santé.
The unused time slots are mind boggling to me. I am currently working for Quebec/Portneuf/Charlevoix so I don't have a clue on what exactly happened to Montreal. Busy as it is. I do not believe what I talked about and montreal's issue is related. :)

Second question about why not having the old clic santé system correct itself, by itself, is a really complicated issue that the answer most likely wouldn't satisfy you and I somewhat agree. Too long to write and either ways, I am glad not being part of the system development and maintenance team. From my humble opinion and do not quote me, Clic Santé system was not(imho) developed for a 10 million plus bookings like we are going through right now.

It is working 'fine' so that's that and will be ok through all of it. Had some hiccups last week when we had to shut it all down for almost 24 hours, but yeah.

Last edited:

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
The unused time slots are mind boggling to me. I am currently working for Quebec/Portneuf/Charlevoix so I don't have a clue on what exactly happened to Montreal. Busy as it is. I do not believe what I talked about and montreal's issue is related. :)

Second question about why not having the old clic santé system correct itself, by itself, is a really complicated issue that the answer most likely wouldn't satisfy you and I somewhat agree. Too long to write and either ways, I am glad not being part of the system development and maintenance team. From my humble opinion and do not quote me, Clic Santé system was not(imho) developed for a 10 million plus bookings like we are going through right now.

It is working 'fine' so that's that and will be ok through all of it. Had some hickups last week when we had to shut it all down for almost 24 hours, but yeah.

You're probably right.
it might works properly for pharmacies.
We'll see how it will go without appointment for AZ vaccine .

Reactions: Holystik

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
1270 new cases
8 new deaths
29 more hospitalizations
2 more icu

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Group 8 open only in Montreal starting this Monday!

Edit: only a few with conditions. No obesity etc. What the f***.

Last edited:

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
What would you guys think about the government changing reporting guidelines to separate all COVID new cases/deaths/hospitalizations by vaccination status?

ie:
1200 new cases total -> 100 vaccinated and 1100 not vaccinated.
30 deaths -> 0 vaccinated and 30 not vaccinated.
20 new hospitalizations -> 0 vaccinated and 20 not vaccinated.

I think we should start doing this once we hit the 20% threshold. Will be important to illustrate the difference to the antivax brigade. And in general we should be tracking this data anyway to study efficacy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lshap

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Lol...this place. How was that not already made mandatory weeks and weeks ago?

Why would any job not already enforce this without it being mandatory?

Next thing you know the government will need to hold our hands to cross the street and help us wipe our bum bums after we go potty.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
So if I understood correctly.....a healthy 30 years old teacher will be vaccinated before people with obesity, astham, diabetes....which are included in their group 8, and all over the world are caracterize as people at risk.

That's dumb.

Reactions: A Loyal Dog

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
So if I understood correctly.....a healthy 30 years old teacher will be vaccinated before people with obesity, astham, diabetes....which are included in their group 8, and all over the world are caracterize as people at risk.

That's dumb.
I just read that at risk people will be vaccinated in hospitals starting on Monday. I guess anyone at risk must just hit up their doctors and set up an appointment?

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
I just read that at risk people will be vaccinated in hospitals starting on Monday. I guess anyone at risk must just hit up their doctors and set up an appointment?
They weren’t clear at all.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

That's dumb.

Both are important. If a large number of transmissions are happening at schools, then teachers are high risk too, simply because they are very likely to catch it, and pass it on once they go home/socialize.

Reactions: DavePeak

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Why would any job not already enforce this without it being mandatory?

Next thing you know the government will need to hold our hands to cross the street and help us wipe our bum bums after we go potty.

Businesses like to promote their brand, it's not exactly surprising they wouldn't do that.
A lot of them sell their own masks too.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
So people with obesity, asthma, diabetes, etc. It’ll likely be at the pharmacist’s discretion?! Wtf is this shit?

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Businesses like to promote their brand, it's not exactly surprising they wouldn't do that.
A lot of them sell their own masks too.

If businesses are making poor health and safety decisions in the interest of promoting their brand, IMO they should be lumped in with that idiot gym owner and idiot karaoke bar owner that single-handedly caused massive outbreaks.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Lol...this place. How was that not already made mandatory weeks and weeks ago?

Chirurgical masks was mandatory all the time in workplace except when sitting at your desk with 2+ meters (or wall/plexiglass) between people since masks have been required in workplace last spring/summer.

CNESST came at our workplace last August and made us respect it. That's how I know, reading online, you feels as if masks were not even required inside workplaces.

Now they are extending it to wear a mask while sitting which isn't much of an increase as you had to remove the mask after sitting and put it back on before leaving your sit anyway.

Reactions: LyricalLyricist

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
What would you guys think about the government changing reporting guidelines to separate all COVID new cases/deaths/hospitalizations by vaccination status?

ie:
1200 new cases total -> 100 vaccinated and 1100 not vaccinated.
30 deaths -> 0 vaccinated and 30 not vaccinated.
20 new hospitalizations -> 0 vaccinated and 20 not vaccinated.

I think we should start doing this once we hit the 20% threshold. Will be important to illustrate the difference to the antivax brigade. And in general we should be tracking this data anyway to study efficacy.

I don't think it'll achieve anything.
the second you have a value different than 0 in vaccinated area, you'd have antivax jumping on it like hyenas.

see vaccination doesn't stop spreading/hospitalization/death.
The best you can do is ignore them. They don't deserve attention/effort to give to a very small minority.

Also it's going to require Extra analysis, update the document sent, update the centralized system, etc...
what is someone vaccinated. 3 weeks after getting the vaccine?

low gain, high effort imo.

That's dumb.

yep.
We're entering the grey zone since we finished the 65+.

you can't blame the 30 years old teacher to get it. there isn't an easy way to say to essential workers to "skip your turn if you're healthy"

1- you don't want to put pressure on them (peer pressure, social pressure)
2- the numbers are probably small in order to create some inequalities.

The last thing I want to do is to put pressure on essential workers.

IMO, the priority group is
65 - with health condition
60+
60- essential workers.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I don't think it'll achieve anything.
the second you have a value different than 0 in vaccinated area, you'd have antivax jumping on it like hyenas.

see vaccination doesn't stop spreading/hospitalization/death.
The best you can do is ignore them. They don't deserve attention/effort to give to a very small minority.

Also it's going to require Extra analysis, update the document sent, update the centralized system, etc...
what is someone vaccinated. 3 weeks after getting the vaccine?

low gain, high effort imo.

They need to be tracking this information regardless. Collecting real-world data is vital to determine vaccine efficacy. I'll be shocked if they don't already have this planned out. However, you are right, there should be established metrics for when it should "count" since efficacy isn't instantaneous.

Reactions: llamateizer

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

That's dumb.

Its probably because they feel a teacher is more likely to get it. It would certainly be advantageous if the vaccine reduces spreading too.

Otherwise both groups should’ve been included.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
If businesses are making poor health and safety decisions in the interest of promoting their brand, IMO they should be lumped in with that idiot gym owner and idiot karaoke bar owner that single-handedly caused massive outbreaks.
Unless it's mandated by health authorities, you can't possibly expect businesses to not turn to profit. I mean, let's not be this naive.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Chirurgical masks was mandatory all the time in workplace except when sitting at your desk with 2+ meters (or wall/plexiglass) between people since masks have been required in workplace last spring/summer.

CNESST came at our workplace last August and made us respect it. That's how I know, reading online, you feels as if masks were not even required inside workplaces.

Now they are extending it to wear a mask while sitting which isn't much of an increase as you had to remove the mask after sitting and put it back on before leaving your sit anyway.

No it wasn't. It was just for certain sectors. Health care workers I believe have to wear N95...Teachers surgical masks. But it wasn't mandated for all businesses.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
On a 20 individuals nhl team, they have a hard time having everyone on the same page unless theres decent leadership.

But

On. 8.5 millions citizens province without decent leadership, every one is expected to do it all right ?

:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad