OT: Covid-19 (Part 39) Subject Line Restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Just wondering, what exactly does the bolded mean on priority list:

Adults under 60 years of age who do not have a chronic disease or health problem that increases the risk of complications, but who provide essential services and have contact with users

What do they mean by users?

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Sadly on thursday and friday, the appointment website will not be ready
so you'll have to go on place to get it (Palais des congres, Stade olympique and few other)
the whole list will be announced tomorrow

I'm really interested to understand what is COMPLICATED by adding schedules on a website(clicsante).

if you mean adding an appointment system, it's actually probably fairly complicated but idk who does the dev work for them

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It will get there. IMO if there's concern the restrictions they put now aren't enough. They're buying time.
I think that was their strategy in reopening gyms and closing them a week later. It's an action they took, so now it gives them another week before he probably has to do more.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Just wondering, what exactly does the bolded mean on priority list:

What do they mean by users?

Users of that essential service. Like a school teacher for example is in contact with the users, in that case children.
Hydro-Quebec is essantial too, but their workers are not in contact with any users.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I think that was their strategy in reopening gyms and closing them a week later. It's an action they took, so now it gives them another week before he probably has to do more.

I don't think they could've predicted the fiasco at that one gym but it certainly made it an easy scapegoat.

If there is an actual 3rd wave hitting quebec...closing gyms won't do much. There's always risk at a gym or any place but it wouldn't prevent a wave.

If there isn't a 3rd wave...then whats the point?

I sincerely hope things gradually open because thats a sign of things getting better. Whether or not I use gyms or want to go to a restaurant or travel its a positive sign if we reach that point. This is a setback. A scapegoat but still a setback.

Reactions: Lshap

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't think they could've predicted the fiasco at that one gym but it certainly made it an easy scapegoat.

If there is an actual 3rd wave hitting quebec...closing gyms won't do much. There's always risk at a gym or any place but it wouldn't prevent a wave.

If there isn't a 3rd wave...then whats the point?

I sincerely hope things gradually open because thats a sign of things getting better. Whether or not I use gyms or want to go to a restaurant or travel its a positive sign if we reach that point. This is a setback. A scapegoat but still a setback.
Did you see the presser? Legault says we are possibly just days or weeks from becoming Ontario. If that's the case, why the hell aren't they doing a full lockdown?
Especially when you have a bunch of doctors making a public plea to government since last friday:
Fermez les écoles et reconfinez le Grand Montréal, réclament des médecins | Coronavirus.

Our only hope is an increase in vaccination capabilities. Seeing 5000 doses unused over the weekend is not a good look.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Did you see the presser? Legault says we are possibly just days or weeks from becoming Ontario. If that's the case, why the hell aren't they doing a full lockdown?
Especially when you have a bunch of doctors making a public plea to government since last friday:
Fermez les écoles et reconfinez le Grand Montréal, réclament des médecins | Coronavirus.

Our only hope is an increase in vaccination capabilities. Seeing 5000 doses unused over the weekend is not a good look.

Because our government officials are unable to think forward. It's asinine he says it and thinks the population will govern themselves. They haven't done that effectively since the first lock down when a lot of people were "afraid" of the unknown. Well nothing is unknown and people are more than willing to take the risk.

Currently they have anywhere between 200k to 700k doses in their possession unused. The ambiguity of how to say it's been received but in transit... Data on COVID-19 in Québec the info is just above the summary data evolution table

Reactions: ECWHSWI

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Because our government officials are unable to think forward. It's asinine he says it and thinks the population will govern themselves. They haven't done that effectively since the first lock down when a lot of people were "afraid" of the unknown. Well nothing is unknown and people are more than willing to take the risk.

Currently they have anywhere between 200k to 700k doses in their possession unused. The ambiguity of how to say it's been received but in transit... Data on COVID-19 in Québec the info is just above the summary data evolution table

Can you really blame the people when the government takes such head scratching decisions?
Closing gyms makes total sense, I get it, but just doing that takes all the logic away. And as posted, they have, on more than one occasion, gone against recommendations from doctors/public health.
How can you ask people to follow you after you do that?

Allison Hanes: Legault's yo-yo COVID manoeuvres are maddening | Montreal Gazette

Lol...''Yo-yo Legault''...

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Confused why they would do it. You can select a date on the booking website. Don't like the dates available? Just go back and select another place...
Don't underestimate human greediness. We are at this time implementing ways of stoping people from overbooking. We already started creating failsafes and had to create a team workforce just to find and eliminate 'doublons'(multiples), or even more, in the clic santé system. Just having the system correct itself and perform this wasn't a very good option for various complicated reasons.

As for Quebec right now the record number for a single person was 19 appointments in 3 different vaccination centres in the month of April. Those people are taking not just our staff from more important issues and alocated monetary resources...

Most targeted people have from 2 to 3 appointments, forget they took the other ones in the first place once they found better dates or simply don't care at all of the outcome.

We had to implement new directives to call centres for the telephonists to now ask when patients call: "Would you like a vaccination appointment" followed by "Do you have one already?"
Also for the courtesy calls reminding people of their appointments 48 hours prior to vaccination: "Can we confirm your presence in 48 hours?" followed by "Do you have any other appointments we could cancel for you?"

The statistics coming out from freed up vaccines from those 2 added question(which again take stats times/queue times up) have made it possible to save a significant amount of vaccines.

Haha sorry for the very long text.

Last edited:

A Loyal Dog

Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Don't underestimate human greediness. We are at this time implementing ways of stoping people from overbooking. We already started creating failsafes and had to create a team workforce just to find and eliminate 'doublons'(multiples) or even more in the clic santé system. Just having the system correct itself and perform this wasn't a very good option for various complicated reasons.

As for Quebec right now the record number for a single person was 19 appointments in 3 different vaccination centres in the month of April. Those people are taking not just our staff from more important issues and alocated monetary resources...

Most targeted people have from 2 to 3 appointments, forget they took the other ones in the first place or simply don't care at all of the outcome.

We had to implement new directives to call centres for the telephonists to now ask when patients call: "Would you like a vaccination appointment" followed by "Do you have one already?"
Also for the courtesy calls reminding people of their appointments 48 hours prior to vaccination: "Can we confirm your presence in 48 hours?" followed by "Do you have any other appointments we could cancel for you?"

The statistics coming out from freed up vaccines from those 2 added question(which again take stats times/queue times up) have made it possible to save a significant ammount of vaccines.

That’s very disgusting. They should arrest the person. That’s not just negligence but criminal, in all honesty.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Don't underestimate human greediness. We are at this time implementing ways of stoping people from overbooking. We already started creating failsafes and had to create a team workforce just to find and eliminate 'doublons'(multiples), or even more, in the clic santé system. Just having the system correct itself and perform this wasn't a very good option for various complicated reasons.

Most targeted people have from 2 to 3 appointments, forget they took the other ones in the first place once they found better dates or simply don't care at all of the outcome.

The statistics coming out from freed up vaccines from those 2 added question(which again take stats times/queue times up) have made it possible to save a significant amount of vaccines.

I'm surprised everyday some people even remember they need to breathe.

Reactions: Holystik

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Word on the street is Ontario is going back to full stay at home order with non-essential sales banned in box stores for the first time as of today.

Expected to last atleast a month.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
if you mean adding an appointment system, it's actually probably fairly complicated but idk who does the dev work for them

The system is already in place. You can take appointments already.
They need to add a note to say it's AZ. That's it...

Instead of location of "Stade Olympique".
You use "Stade Olympique AstraZeneca"
I'm a software engineer, I'm really curious how is it complicated given the current situation

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
We can only hope. My biggest fear at this point is this thing mutates into something the vaccines don’t protect us from and we are back to square one.

In the background, we are winning the war.

It took us 9 months to catch up to the first version of the virus with an approved, effective vaccine.
For each new version of the virus, that number of months will be cut before a new vaccine arrives (ie. we are getting faster than the virus is at mutating at formulating vaccines)
We are already working on variant vaccines, and they should be ready in the September-October timeframe.
We are also working on advanced vaccines that target spots where the virus can't easily mutate, so at some point, we might have a virus-killer vaccine. We'll look back at Covid in the future, as the biggest advancement in vaccine technology in a long time and that will have an effect on all current diseases.
And this time, our manufacturing capabilities have ramped up so it won't take another 9 months to vaccinate the population (ie. we are getting faster than the virus at producing/deploying vaccines)

Moreover, even the first vaccine protects against variants, thus just the first vaccine will have a big effect on the virus, as we are seeing in Israel and now in the US (ie. each time we get a vaccine for this virus type, significant disease is less likely).

Now, the virus might stay around, as measles do, however when we control measles well there is not much effect on society, and that I think is the future ahead of us with Covid.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
In the background, we are winning the war.

It took us 9 months to catch up to the first version of the virus with an approved, effective vaccine.
For each new version of the virus, that number of months will be cut before a new vaccine arrives (ie. we are getting faster than the virus is at mutating at formulating vaccines)
We are already working on variant vaccines, and they should be ready in the September-October timeframe.
We are also working on advanced vaccines that target spots where the virus can't easily mutate, so at some point, we might have a virus-killer vaccine. We'll look back at Covid in the future, as the biggest advancement in vaccine technology in a long time and that will have an effect on all current diseases.
And this time, our manufacturing capabilities have ramped up so it won't take another 9 months to vaccinate the population (ie. we are getting faster than the virus at producing/deploying vaccines)

Moreover, even the first vaccine protects against variants, thus just the first vaccine will have a big effect on the virus, as we are seeing in Israel and now in the US (ie. each time we get a vaccine for this virus type, significant disease is less likely).

Now, the virus might stay around, as measles do, however when we control measles well there is not much effect on society, and that I think is the future ahead of us with Covid.

I agree with everything you are saying but we have to stay humble.

This is a global natural disaster and even if we are better, faster and more prepared to create and distribute vaccine, not every virus are that easy to deal with. As far as I'm concern, the game is not over and I'll wait before declaring victory on covid-19.

But we can't deny that this event shaved 20 years and even more in development.....and tons of policies going forward will be because of covid-19 as long as people realize that the only reason we are thinking about getting out of this right now is science and nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->