OT: Covid-19 (Part 39) Subject Line Restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Loyal Dog

Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
On a 20 individuals nhl team, they have a hard time having everyone on the same page unless theres decent leadership.

But

On. 8.5 millions citizens province without decent leadership, every one is expected to do it all right ?

:huh:
They had over a year to prepare themselves.

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
La Prairie Beach
Chirurgical masks was mandatory all the time in workplace except when sitting at your desk with 2+ meters (or wall/plexiglass) between people since masks have been required in workplace last spring/summer.

CNESST came at our workplace last August and made us respect it. That's how I know, reading online, you feels as if masks were not even required inside workplaces.

Now they are extending it to wear a mask while sitting which isn't much of an increase as you had to remove the mask after sitting and put it back on before leaving your sit anyway.

it's a huge change and it will make my days even more hell than they already are. What a shitty year it's been... everything just keeps getting worse day after day

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Its probably because they feel a teacher is more likely to get it. It would certainly be advantageous if the vaccine reduces spreading too.

Otherwise both groups should’ve been included.

It's okay to vaccinate the teachers and the other essentials workers, but people at risk should also be included...that's dumb.
They keep looking at hospitalization and those ending up in hospital doesn't even get vaccinated.

Teachers are at a greater risk of getting the virus, but (for the most part) are not at a greater risk of hospitalization

mitchmagic

Apr 25, 2006
Montreal, Qc
www.typeonefilms.com
It's okay to vaccinate the teachers and the other essentials workers, but people at risk should also be included...that's dumb.
They keep looking at hospitalization and those ending up in hospital doesn't even get vaccinated.

Teachers are at a greater risk of getting the virus, but (for the most part) are not at a greater risk of hospitalization
They only care about the economy.
They want schools to stay open so the parents can go to work and thus keep the economy moving.

They don't actually care about those at risk.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
The system is already in place. You can take appointments already.
They need to add a note to say it's AZ. That's it...

Instead of location of "Stade Olympique".
You use "Stade Olympique AstraZeneca"
I'm a software engineer, I'm really curious how is it complicated given the current situation

hey i'm also a software engineer!

i'm thinking because this is a government site, it's probably some crazy legacy and tech debt hell full of jquery and php 3 for some reason you know what I mean... just adding a new location field probably needs the approval of like 3 PMs and a lead

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
So if I understood correctly.....a healthy 30 years old teacher will be vaccinated before people with obesity, astham, diabetes....which are included in their group 8, and all over the world are caracterize as people at risk.

That's dumb.

No, I don't think so.

The teacher is a vector. The person with Asthma limiting his risk exposure while developing iPhone apps is at much less risk to himself and as a vector.

Also, we are talking about receiving 3-4m vaccines per week soon, so it's much less critical than before to make some wait a bit, we can start sniping at vaccine targets we need, the other group you are talking will in actually just be delayed by a few days.

Last edited:

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Why would any job not already enforce this without it being mandatory?

Next thing you know the government will need to hold our hands to cross the street and help us wipe our bum bums after we go potty.

Because on construction sites, you try to enforce something like that and the union shows up. I tried on my site and all it takes is a little birdy and bam you have 5 union guys show up with the CNESST law saying that you are requesting more and you don't have the right too. Well I do have the right, but I also have to allow the worker his right to refuse. It's nuts.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Absolutely love, as someone with a chronic illness who has shuttered himself for the duration of the pandemic, and also cared for my 95 year old grandmother, to be left off the list of eligible chronic illnesses.

Hate this province.

You are a helper of a 95 years old, you should be able to get it just because of that? That's how it works in Ontario. Not in Quebec? I have my doubts.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
You are a helper of a 95 years old, you should be able to get it just because of that? That's how it works in Ontario. Not in Quebec? I have my doubts.

I take care of my paralyzed father but I think I’m just going to wait the extra few weeks for all adults. It’s too vague and I don’t feel like going through hoops.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
No, I don't think so.

The teacher is a vector. The person with Asthma limiting his risk exposure while developing iPhone apps is at much less risk to himself and as a vector.

Also, we are talking about receiving 3-4m vaccines per week soon, so it's much less critical than before to starting sniping at vaccine targets we need, the other group you are talking will in actually just be delayed by a few days.

Yes sure....but the Asthmatic who work at a retail store, grocery store, salesman or in a food processing plant.....
Do you think that person is at equal risk that is counter part without asthma?

The diabete who is installing network into people homes all day long, the one who's working in a 600 peoples shop.

Teachers are a vector it's true, and I'm not saying they shouldn't be included.....they should.

But what are we trying to do here?
Stop the transmission?...yeah sure, eventually....if your goal is to stop it, do like Ontario and close the school.
Stop the hospitalization? Well, vaccinated those at higher risk of getting there will do that....and that's not what we are doing.

They are vaccinating those who helped run the economy right now, more than anything.
Even this morning, Dumont asked the one taking care of the teachers if she expected the teachers to be vaccinated before people who are asthamtic and she answers: Of course not......

But they will

Reactions: A Loyal Dog

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Because on construction sites, you try to enforce something like that and the union shows up. I tried on my site and all it takes is a little birdy and bam you have 5 union guys show up with the CNESST law saying that you are requesting more and you don't have the right too. Well I do have the right, but I also have to allow the worker his right to refuse. It's nuts.

Ah that's a dynamic I did not think about.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
https://santemontreal.qc.ca/population/coronavirus-covid-19/vaccination/

list of AstraZeneca centers.

CIUSSS du Centre-Ouest-de-l'Île-de-Montréal
CIUSSS du Centre-Sud-de-l'Île-de-Montréal
CIUSSS de l'Est-de-l'Île-de-Montréal
CIUSSS du Nord-de-l'Île-de-Montréal
CIUSSS de l'Ouest-de-l'Île-de-Montréal
Centre universitaire de santé McGill

Reactions: DavePeak

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
No it wasn't. It was just for certain sectors. Health care workers I believe have to wear N95...Teachers surgical masks. But it wasn't mandated for all businesses.

Yes it was. I work in a software company, most employees in cubicles or closed offices, and CNESST gave a week to comply to all the requirement we were not following properly, including wearing the mask unless seated, after they did an inspection last August. No healthcare workers or teachers at my workplace.

What they asked us to do:
- can only use certified masks, no handmades.
- can only remove mask once at your desk. (this is now changed to wear all the time)
- they measured that there was 2 meters between employees, which forced some passages to be blocked or employees moved to other desks.

That fact that so many people believe like you that "No it wasn't" just shows how many company HR/Security Comity/CNESST failed at communicating.

Last edited:

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
richard bouteille <3

"we could fix the tech debt... or, hear me out, what if we just slapped a sticker on the wall that said 'agile' tho"

Hahah! That is painfully accurate.

Also, after years on this board, I clearly don't know how to post a meme.
54qmx3

54qmx3

Last edited:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Yes it was. I work in a software company, most employees in cubicles or closed offices, and CNESST gave a week to comply to all the requirement we were not following properly, including wearing the mask unless seated, after they did an inspection last August. No healthcare workers or teachers at my workplace.

What they asked us to do:
- can only use certified masks, no handmades.
- can only remove mask once at your desk. (this is now changed to wear all the time)
- they measured that there was 2 meters between employees, which forced some passages to be blocked or employees moved to other desks.

That fact that so many people believe like you that "No it wasn't" just shows how many company HR/Security Comity/CNESST failed at communicating.

Are you talking about a mask or a surgical mask? I'm unsure about the mask needing to be a surgical mask. I worked at two fairly large companies in 2020 and my standard cloth facemask was acceptable in December so...I think @Kriss E is right on this one.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
and this is why gyms are now closed
Gyms have not generally been the cause of outbreaks. This one was because of one idiot owner who ignored the measures that most gyms willingly added. The government would've closed gyms regardless of this single incident, like they did back in October. Shutting this sector is the knee-jerk reaction to cases going up. I have no problem with the decision, I just don't get why most everything else is allowed to stay open. After all, this latest surge wasn't caused by gyms being open for 10 days.

Reactions: Justin11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->