OT: Covid-19 (Part 29) Sick Again...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Ah yes, the retort of the left, insult and speak down. There is no denial, I understand, what you won't admit is that it is not what it was reported early on. Remember Tam telling us masks where ineffective? Are you still hanging on to that? Our knowledge of this is constantly shifting. You be safe. :)

... Our whole knowledge of the disease is still at the stadium of "gay men across America catching a weird flu". While it's IMHO a bit overkill to think everyone who is going to catch it will be stuck with long-term issues and effects of the disease, it's still something we have to be careful about. Way too many people at risk of getting seriously sick and eventually dying to just keep doing our own things as if nothing was going on. Use your brain. It's not even about left. I'm as right as right can be...

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Ah yes, the retort of the left, insult and speak down. There is no denial, I understand, what you won't admit is that it is not what it was reported early on. Remember Tam telling us masks where ineffective? Are you still hanging on to that? Our knowledge of this is constantly shifting. You be safe. :)

You are not where you think you are in the Dunning-Kruger effect chart

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
... Our whole knowledge of the disease is still at the stadium of "gay men across America catching a weird flu". While it's IMHO a bit overkill to think everyone who is going to catch it will be stuck with long-term issues and effects of the disease, it's still something we have to be careful about. Way too many people at risk of getting seriously sick and eventually dying to just keep doing our own things as if nothing was going on. Use your brain.
I never, ever, have said don't be careful. I wear a mask every time I am out in public indoors. Sanitize going in, sanitize going out. No large gatherings etc. But I will not sit in the basement waiting for a vaccine.

Reactions: cajmonkey

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I never, ever, have said don't be careful. I wear a mask every time I am out in public indoors. Sanitize going in, sanitize going out. No large gatherings etc. But I will not sit in the basement waiting for a vaccine.

There's a huge difference between "sitting in the basement waiting for a vaccine" and limiting your social interactions to spread the risks.

Reactions: llamateizer

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
There's a huge difference between "sitting in the basement waiting for a vaccine" and limiting your social interactions to spread the risks.
Which I do. Maybe not enough to satisfy some, but enough so I feel safe for myself and others.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal

This is why the government has put limits on indoor social gatherings.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

Didn't insult or talk down to anyone. Seems like I struck a chord though. It's a stressful time for all so I get it.

Fully aware that things are always changing. My views on this are based on how things are currently: COVID-19 has been around for 6 months and is one of the top 5 causes of daily deaths in most countries. And we still have very little information on any long-term effects besides the fact that they exist for many.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal

What YOU people don't get when you shout out "FREEDOM" and "I will not sit in the basement waiting for a vaccine" is that YOUR PERSONNAL well being is not more important than others. You going to social gatherings puts EVERYONE at risk and thus you are going against the exact thing you are apparently protecting.

That is all.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
But I will not sit in the basement waiting for a vaccine.

Nobody is saying this.

I don't know where you're getting this from but the government guidelines are to do exactly as you said: masks, good hygiene, avoid large gatherings.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
What surprise me the most is theat some people are saying to boycott the mainstream media but they share from TVA nouvelle stuff on social media. I think the bulb needs to be replaced...

Let's not forget though, TVA is to news what TVA sports is to sports.

Reactions: MXD

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
What surprise me the most is theat some people are saying to boycott the mainstream media but they share from TVA nouvelle stuff on social media. I think the bulb needs to be replaced...

Let's not forget though, TVA is to news what TVA sports is to sports.
¸
Yeah, it's like the whole "Coupe le câble" people are mostly projecting.

Reactions: Fixxer

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
If that means that any person who is simply going to get checked for being overly concerned is going to be put aside, and the priority wil be for those who are sick for real, then I'm all in.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Les Montréalais infectés devront appeler eux-mêmes certains contacts | Coronavirus

Not enough contact tracers so officials are putting the onus on Montrealer's who are positive to do it... what could go wrong?

No idea why we aren't allowed to use the COVID alert app in Quebec. Not even talking about mandating it's use, just allowing it.

The app tracks no personal information. It doesn't even track your location. There are no privacy concerns here. Zero excuse for why the government blocked it from Quebec.

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
No idea why we aren't allowed to use the COVID alert app in Quebec. Not even talking about mandating it's use, just allowing it.

The app tracks no personal information. It doesn't even track your location. There are no privacy concerns here. Zero excuse for why the government blocked it from Quebec.
I agree... and they definitely should have prepared an increase in contact tracing capacity if they were not going to use the tracking app. Imagine how overwhelmed they are going to be in another 4-8 weeks.

Last edited:

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

I have the app and the one huge issue I have with it is the onus is on the individual to input the information regarding their positive test results.

I wish the health authority of your province would put that information in there automatically once the results are confirmed. I don't trust or believe the vast majority of people who have tested positive to put the results in. I understand no system is perfect but this seems like a huge miss for the app.

Reactions: DavePeak

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Oh I get it too, fear does funny things to people, it causes insults, talking down and irrational behaviour. I'm done, there is no rational discussion to be had here, I can almost smell the fear. Insults are not nice are they. :nod:

You’re not really exactly greasing the wheels of rational discussion with your generalizations - easterners, from the left, sit in the basement, etc ...

I could be wrong, but your behaviour doesn’t sound at all different than those you disagree with. Wear a mask, use sanitizer, keep interactions to small groups, etc. At the end of the day, that’s all that really matters.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
You’re not really exactly greasing the wheels of rational discussion with your generalizations - easterners, from the left, sit in the basement, etc ...

I could be wrong, but your behaviour doesn’t sound at all different than those you disagree with. Wear a mask, use sanitizer, keep interactions to small groups, etc. At the end of the day, that’s all that really matters.

To be fair, I do have my home office and gym set up in my basement. As well as my brewery. Love my basement!

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I have the app and the one huge issue I have with it is the onus is on the individual to input the information regarding their positive test results.

I wish the health authority of your province would put that information in there automatically once the results are confirmed. I don't trust or believe the vast majority of people who have tested positive to put the results in. I understand no system is perfect but this seems like a huge miss for the app.

That's where privacy concerns come into play but I agree that having it linked would make this far easier to track.

The app collects zero personal information or location data, only your self-inputted COVID status.

It's not perfect but it is a big step up from the nothing we otherwise have.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
That's where privacy concerns come into play but I agree that having it linked would make this far easier to track.

The app collects zero personal information or location data, only your self-inputted COVID status.

It's not perfect but it is a big step up from the nothing we otherwise have.
For sure. I'm all for the app and have no concerns with security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad