OT: Covid-19 (Part 29) Sick Again...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
EhvFCfoWoAEdR9g

Picture from yesterday's anti-covid(?) protest... lots of Trump & American flags. F'ing people are dumb - I have little doubt there are foreign actors fomenting this type of behavior and apparently there are quite a few gullible people.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Reactions: DavePeak

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

What's interesting is that almost none of these people arrived at their opinion through research or evaluation. They had their answers long before this virus existed. It's classic anti-intellectualism, which looks past all scientific evidence and sees secret agendas. They're driven by their own emotions -- distrust, anger, suspicion, fear -- and imagine evil emotions driving everyone else. No amount of evidence will penetrate that cloud.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
What's interesting is that almost none of these people arrived at their opinion through research or evaluation. They had their answers long before this virus existed. It's classic anti-intellectualism, which looks past all scientific evidence and sees secret agendas. They're driven by their own emotions -- distrust, anger, suspicion, fear -- and imagine evil emotions driving everyone else. No amount of evidence will penetrate that cloud.

actually when you take time and research you will find that theres is no statistic showing covid is nothing more than a flu. Im worried to see the government take away some of our liberty with no fact to back it up. Something is up and everyone should start questioning what the mass media fed us with their fake news and agenda.

There is no more death in 2020 that there was in 2019 so far in canada. But we are supposed to be in a world wide pandemic? If the media had never talk about covid people would live their life normally and nothing would look different.

I understand media will sway and control your way of thinking. They create so much fear, i really hope vaccin wont be obligatory. People will be running to get it anyway

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
actually when you take time and research you will find that theres is no statistic showing covid is nothing more than a flu. Im worried to see the government take away some of our liberty with no fact to back it up. Something is up and everyone should start questioning what the mass media fed us with their fake news and agenda.

There is no more death in 2020 that there was in 2019 so far in canada. But we are supposed to be in a world wide pandemic? If the media had never talk about covid people would live their life normally and nothing would look different.

I understand media will sway and control your way of thinking. They create so much fear, i really hope vaccin wont be obligatory. People will be running to get it anyway
What evidence do you have the government is taking away our liberty? How is it being done? Since this pandemic involves the entire planet, I'd be interested in any evidence that "Something is up", along with what that 'something' is, who's behind it and for what purpose. And, of course, how any of this is accomplished by wearing a mask.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

Do you have any sort of background in scientific research?

Not saying it applies to you, but ‘’Do your research’’ has turned into a meme because 99% of the time, the people that say that aren’t exactly the... scholar type.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

Why do I get audio of the banjo from Deliverance after reading this post?

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island

You posted this without doing any fact checking?? Can't say I'm surprised... the four (4) biggest provinces saw a considerable uptick in excess deaths.
The Daily — Provisional death counts and excess mortality, January 2019 to May 2020

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
EhvFCfoWoAEdR9g

Picture from yesterday's anti-covid(?) protest... lots of Trump & American flags. F'ing people are dumb - I have little doubt there are foreign actors fomenting this type of behavior and apparently there are quite a few gullible people.

The % of idiots is impressive , frustrating, infuriating and totally depressing.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Do you have any sort of background in scientific research?

Not saying it applies to you, but ‘’Do your research’’ has turned into a meme because 99% of the time, the people that say that aren’t exactly the... scholar type.

I hate the "Do your research" motto.
It basically started with the flat earth movement and consists in watching conspiracy videos on youtube from nobodies and reading facebook posts from idiots.

It's the farthest thing from actual research.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

This is completely stupid.

too lazy to look where I saw the data, but there are already 3x as many coronavirus deaths in Canada as there are deaths by the flu over the same period compared to the previous year.

three times the amount of deaths despite being on lockdown for several months, less people on public transport and offices, people wearing masks, washing their hands as they enter public spaces.

I mean, you talk about research yet you spew BS.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

We got a live one here. Smh. I’d give be your a bunch of facts but you clearly have made up your mind to disregard facts already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad