Could Miro Heiskanen win the Norris already?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
wow making up your own narrative now and must have missed the offensive juggernaut that was the Sabres last year. Dahlin generated chances up and down the lineup its not his fault the Sabres depth could barely make use of the setups he gave them last year and they still got some benefits from him. He hardly ever played on the first pair so he hardly got to play with the top unit he's just unstoppable when he has players on the ice other than him who can also score.

You don't think Heiskanen faced the same issue on an even worse offensive team? Plus got wayy less 1st PP time than Dahlin

And yet Miro still managed to generate away from the Stars top line

Once again though, this thread is NOT about Dahlin. Last time I'll waste any time talking about him in this thread

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
He was asked to provide the stats he led as a rookie. Not this year.

I'm pretty sure when I quoted him, his comment was standalone. It was edited a minute after I responded to him. That doesn't seem like something i would miss reading in his post.

I edited my response for formatting so I didnt scroll back up to see that he replied to someone. Fair that it's his rookie year, but I stand by the fact that aggregate TOI is not a good stat.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
He might very well win one day, I dont think that day is here yet though. Lots of young stud defensemen in the league, he's one of them.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Lol facts

Calder voting was accurate, deal with it.

Lol at anyone thinking a NHL award voting is accurate or somehow reflects a scientific truth. Grow up. Sure, those award votes are mostly better and more objective than a poll here on the main board. However, once we go to the history section of this forum, we get a couple steps closer to the truth. There's a pretty clear NA bias among some people there at the history section, but overall it is still light years better than any NHL award voting.

And for the record: I do not think Heiskanen is better than Dahlin.

Signupnow

Oct 18, 2017
Heiskanen will be sitting in the crowd many times while they shout out Dahlin name from the podium. Seriously guys I don't wanna bring him up all the time but this thread indicated that he would have Rasmus beat to achieve this which made me almost cough up on my coffee as I read the thread rubbing my eyes in dissbeleif.. It seems to me most finish prospects gets overrated these days, not many years ago risto was going to be the next Karlsson laine the new ovechkin. Is it the finish league thet leaves a lot to be desired or what is going on? Their wjc gold, for those who remember, they been dominated from the first minute to some fluky overtime goal. Anybody can look it up.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I was gonna say watch Dahlin play... but thats been said numerous times. He really will be a superstar dman.

EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

May 9, 2013
Hockey fans are so sensitive. We are debating if Miro could win the Norris this year, Dahlin should not be considered front runner cause the season has barely started, we Dont know what he will bring this year. Wanna discuss this? Make a Dahlin vs Miro thread.

We should be looking at last years winner and runner ups, can Miro beat them? I Dont think so.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Miro will have his day, but sometimes young guys have to pay their dues. Ask Paul Coffey...

As a 22 year old he puts up 40 goals 126 points yet doesn't win Norris?? All time snub IMO.

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Heiskanen will be sitting in the crowd many times while they shout out Dahlin name from the podium. Seriously guys I don't wanna bring him up all the time but this thread indicated that he would have Rasmus beat to achieve this which made me almost cough up on my coffee as I read the thread rubbing my eyes in dissbeleif.. It seems to me most finish prospects gets overrated these days, not many years ago risto was going to be the next Karlsson laine the new ovechkin. Is it the finish league thet leaves a lot to be desired or what is going on? Their wjc gold, for those who remember, they been dominated from the first minute to some fluky overtime goal. Anybody can look it up.

Well Finland won the world championship gold and also u20 gold. Sometimes the best hockey country also have the best players. Risto is not one of them but Miro is a real deal. Dahlin might score more but Miro is much better at defense.

Oct 18, 2011
HFboards needs a pinned thread where the history of reactions to early season performance is documented. imagine having 15 years of that to look at

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Well Finland won the world championship gold and also u20 gold. Sometimes the best hockey country also have the best players. Risto is not one of them but Miro is a real deal. Dahlin might score more but Miro is much better at defense.

What's up with everyone pretending Dahlin is the new Karlsson? Like, he's elite offensively so he must be bad in his own zone? The kid is fantastic everywhere on the ice.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
He's not (he's faster in a straight line, but that's not usually what you're doing in a hockey game anyway so who cares?), and his puck skills are far below Dahlin's.

Dahlin is better skater than Heiskanen? Did you gather that from all of 2 mins of Heiskanen clips you have watched?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad