Could Miro Heiskanen win the Norris already?

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Maybe only thing we (read: Finnish Miro fans of HFB) need to do is to gather some collective funds, go for shopping, buy some enough representative piece of silverware, name it as Miro Heiskanen Defense Trophy, and send it to the NHL with letter of some kind brief introduction, with following words (or something similar):

"The Trophy to be awarded annually to a most accomplished young NHL defenseman/men for his/their distinguished performances and contribution for his/their team(s) success. All young defensemen of age 18-22 years old playing either their rookie or sophomore season are eligible for the award."

Miro himself wouldn't be eligible for this trophy due reasons of impartiality, but he could act as governing body over the award; that one who actually decides winner(s) and who physically presents the trophy to him/them.

After few decades it would be then a prestigious institution (as deserving names will naturally accumulate) and valued award. Easy. Cheap. Fair. Functional. Prestigious.

Btw, almost any cup of silverware does work for the purpose. We have precedent examples there, for example The Stanley Cup.

Reactions: Mildan

Necrobutcher

Sep 20, 2018
Tampere, Finland
I mean Award voters are not exactly reliable source for well anything.
Sorry about the offtopic but i just can't keep it in no more: what's with people writing "i mean" in front of EVERYTHING? If you're explaining yourself you're telling people what you mean hence i mean. If you're just making a comment out of the blue it has no purpose. It's like starting every sentence saying "Now i'm about to tell you the following thing which is..." or something. Pisses me off for some reason haha.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Sorry about the offtopic but i just can't keep it in no more: what's with people writing "i mean" in front of EVERYTHING? If you're explaining yourself you're telling people what you mean hence i mean. If you're just making a comment out of the blue it has no purpose. It's like starting every sentence saying "Now i'm about to tell you the following thing which is..." or something. Pisses me off for some reason haha.

The way i use "i mean" is usually in a sarcastic tone to point out that i think certain things are just wrong. Like a FFS just less profanity i guess ?

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Maybe only thing we (read: Finnish Miro fans of HFB) need to do is to gather some collective funds, go for shopping, buy some enough representative piece of silverware, name it as Miro Heiskanen Defense Trophy, and send it to the NHL with letter of some kind brief introduction, with following words (or something similar):

"The Trophy to be awarded annually to a most accomplished young NHL defenseman/men for his/their distinguished performances and contribution for his/their team(s) success. All young defensemen of age 18-22 years old playing either their rookie or sophomore season are eligible for the award."

Miro himself wouldn't be eligible for this trophy due reasons of impartiality, but he could act as governing body over the award; that one who actually decides winner(s) and who physically presents the trophy to him/them.

After few decades it would be then a prestigious institution (as deserving names will naturally accumulate) and valued award. Easy. Cheap. Fair. Functional. Prestigious.

Btw, almost any cup of silverware does work for the purpose. We have precedent examples there, for example The Stanley Cup.

You are just pissed because you know he is top5 defenseman already ;)

Reactions: Se829ne

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
"I mean". One of the recent main culprits behind spreading of this linguistic convention is SC2 player Joona "Serral" Sotala, who uses it as "Pause for arranging his thoughts when replying in English" or as "A non-essential saying that marks he is starting to talk in English (or Finglish). "I mean" seems to appear also in speech of some anglophones (for what ever reason), but if a Finn uses that convention, its immediate viral origin is most likely Serral. /Note

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I mean Award voters are not exactly reliable source for well anything.
Right but this is a thread about winning the Norris. Within the context of this thread, they, unfortunately, are the best source to answer the question "Could Miro win the Norris already"?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad