Could Miro Heiskanen win the Norris already?

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
He looks like he could win the Norris some day in the future but could he win that already after this season? He just doesn't make any mistakes and he makes everyone better. He has been the best player in Dallas so far. I think he has a shot to win the norris already if he keeps playing like this.

Reactions: wetcoast

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
No, Dahlin will always have that advantage over him and is beating him in points already again.

Not trying to troll but you cant advance age other than speeding up time and if you do that Heiskanen only gets older too.

Could he win? Sure but be the youngest? Unless something happens to Dahlin, no.

Alexandrov

Dec 5, 2011
Already a top 15ish D in the league but I don’t think he’ll score enough to be in contention. Needs to supplant Kling on top PP to make a serious run and that will take a while.

Also Dahlin is a Norris threat perhaps this year and a year younger so...

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Yep. Orr turned 20 in March of the year he won the Norris. Heiskanen turned 20 in July, so he's already too old. Dahlin turns 20 in April, so he could do it, but it's doubtful.

Yeah sorry i listened one podcast where they where talking that Miro could be the youngest ever. Forgot abour Orr

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Already a top 15ish D in the league but I don’t think he’ll score enough to be in contention. Needs to supplant Kling on top PP to make a serious run and that will take a while.

Also Dahlin is a Norris threat perhaps this year and a year younger so...

I'll give it until game 30 this season.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Not this season but it wouldn't be very surprising if he got some votes. I don't think he will have the offensive numbers for the Norris until he replaces Klingberg on that first powerplay unit.

He's the Stars #1 dman already though and I don't think there's much doubt about that right now. He has taken another step it appears this season. Exciting stuff..been a blast to watch so far and its incredible how easy he makes things look defensively

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
...Isn't he already older than Orr when he won it?
Yup. close this thread.

Got a good laugh.

If Rasmus Dahlin wins it at this season, he can beat Bobby Orr being same aged, but 1 month younger.

Orr was 20 and born in March. Dahlin will be 20 at season end, but born in April.

As for the "youngest ever" to win Norris... did somebody change the title of discussion?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Personally, I just don't see how he is better than Dahlin nevermind several other D in contention. I get Heiskanen brings a massive stabilizing presence to the team, which is great and he deserves some praise, but Dahlin is leading the defense and is just jaw dropping.

Dahlin is going to be the best D in the league as soon as this season if he keeps going. Actually surprised more people are not calling him generational as he looks like he is. To play that well at 19 is insane.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Ok MrFinnish fan.

Heisikanen is imo the most overrated defender.
Sure. I get that people don't rate him as a Norris candidate just yet, or say that Dahlin is on-par/slightly better than Heiskanen, but overrated?

Top-10 defenseman atm, no doubt about it. People should actually watch him play.

Reactions: MrThomas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad