Could Miro Heiskanen win the Norris already?

Mildan

Jan 7, 2019
stop comparing dahlin and heiskanen here. everyone has their opinions on which one is better, but I'm pretty sure there is a miro vs rasmus thread you can argue that in instead. this thread is for answering a question if miro posesses the qualities needed for norris already this year

Reactions: Kcb12345

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
stop comparing dahlin and heiskanen here. everyone has their opinions on which one is better, but I'm pretty sure there is a miro vs rasmus thread you can argue that in instead. this thread is for answering a question if miro posesses the qualities needed for norris already this year
Problem for him is lack of PP which will affect his chances this season.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX

This is a valid thread for posting comparisons. If Miro is going to win the Norris this year, it means he has to be better than Dahlin this year. It is a very legitimate thing to say that he will not be

Last edited:

hockeyguru

Sep 10, 2019
nope. his teams at the bottom of the table and he doesn't have the point production to be a norris trophy candidate, let alone a winner

Artemis Clyde Frog

Feb 1, 2019
Well Finland won the world championship gold and also u20 gold. Sometimes the best hockey country also have the best players. Risto is not one of them but Miro is a real deal. Dahlin might score more but Miro is much better at defense.

When saying that Miro is much better at defense, that just makes it clear you haven't watched Dahlin play recently.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Unlikely to ever happen. Couldn't even crack the top 3 in the Calder despite being one of the top two best rookies.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Heiskanen is a #3 defenseman with absolutely no elite traits at all, YET. His point totals are not great, he doesn't have offensive creativity, is a massive defensive liability at times and struggles physically. He is closer to being an AHLer than a Norris candidate. He has potential to become a great player, I love his beautiful skating, but he is not close to becoming a Norris candidate and I am not sure he ever will win one.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Neutral fan, for what it’s worth. I think Heiskanen will be a top five defensemen in the league within another season or two. He’s likely to be the second best defensemen in his generation by a comfortable margin over players like McAvoy, Chabot, Werenski, Makar, but I think all of them are far behind Dahlin. I don’t think it’s a fair comparison.

I think that will be true at some point, but not yet.

It could happen as early as this season, I'm not writing it off, but I think people assume too much (not you, I like your take in general).

I do think Heiskanen is taking an unfair and unwarranted beating from people who feel strongly about that already though.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
nope. his teams at the bottom of the table and he doesn't have the point production to be a norris trophy candidate, let alone a winner
You forgot to mention "Finnish bias". He is way better than Klingberg atm, put him to PP1 and if Seguin-Pavelski tandem starts to produce how they should, points will come. Is it enough for Norris this year? Nah.

In the future? Yes. I'm pretty sure that Dahlin is going to win Norris or two, but Heiskanen and Makar are going to make it a very hard and close battle.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Heiskanen is a #3 defenseman with absolutely no elite traits at all, YET. His point totals are not great, he doesn't have offensive creativity, is a massive defensive liability at times and struggles physically. He is closer to being an AHLer than a Norris candidate. He has potential to become a great player, I love his beautiful skating, but he is not close to becoming a Norris candidate and I am not sure he ever will win one.

Dumbest shit I've read all day. You shouldn't even be allowed to post

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
You have lost your credibility long time ago. Biggest troll i've seen on this site.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How? He's way better defensively and at skating.

I think he's a faster skater. I wouldn't say better. They are different skaters. Dahlin has some of the best edges in the game, Heiskanen has some of the best speed for a defensemen.

He's better defensively right now, but he's also a year older. In another year, the defense will probably be equal.

Reactions: Nerv

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
I dont think anybody hates Heiskanen. He is such a humble and nice guy with a huge talent. I think people are just jealous Stars got him with a lucky draft lottory.

So are you saying he is the best player from his draft?
I don't get it.

Teams would be jealous if he was like the 28th pick.

snu22fint

Jun 19, 2016
Well Finland won the world championship gold and also u20 gold. Sometimes the best hockey country also have the best players. Risto is not one of them but Miro is a real deal. Dahlin might score more but Miro is much better at defense.

I guess Canada has the best players then. It all makes sense now. Thanks.

snu22fint

Jun 19, 2016
Just sometimes ;) Canada didn't win the world championship this year or not even u20 or u18. Maybe some day

Yeah, maybe someday they will win like 5 straight u20 championships or something. Maybe it has already happened, and maybe all of those players on those teams are in their prime right now. Maybe they will also win like 3 straight best on best tournaments and 5 of the last 6 best on best tournaments or maybe it has already happened? Maybe Finland will win one best on best tournament at some point? We may never know.

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Yeah, maybe someday they will win like 5 straight u20 championships or something. Maybe it has already happened, and maybe all of those players on those teams are in their prime right now. Maybe they will also win like 3 straight best on best tournaments and 5 of the last 6 best on best tournaments or maybe it has already happened? Maybe Finland will win one best on best tournament at some point? We may never know.

Never give up your hopes and dreams!

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
You forgot to mention "Finnish bias". He is way better than Klingberg atm, put him to PP1 and if Seguin-Pavelski tandem starts to produce how they should, points will come. Is it enough for Norris this year? Nah.

In the future? Yes. I'm pretty sure that Dahlin is going to win Norris or two, but Heiskanen and Makar are going to make it a very hard and close battle.

I think you're underrating Dahlin. He's a whole level up from other elite young D. His stick handling, passing, vision, and ability to find and create lanes are already among the best. On top of that, he's very physical in his own end, and you won't catch him making mistakes often. And he's only going to get better from here. It's like the Eichel v. McDavid "debate"---both franchise players, but one is on a different tier than the other.

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
I think you're underrating Dahlin. He's a whole level up from other elite young D. His stick handling, passing, vision, and ability to find and create lanes are already among the best. On top of that, he's very physical in his own end, and you won't catch him making mistakes often. And he's only going to get better from here. It's like the Eichel v. McDavid "debate"---both franchise players, but one is on a different tier than the other.

Talking about Miro here and all the Buffalo fan boy can do is to talk about Dahlin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad