Could Miro Heiskanen win the Norris already?

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
The only way a young D is winning the norris is if he forces the voters' hands. Which is by offensive numbers (80+ points). They aren't going to get it based solely on two-way play because so many vet defensemen have such a better reputation. So Miro is going to be a norris contender, but not for a few more years.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Heiskanen's got the name and the game and what should be a good team, I don't see why not, though it's a little early to suggest he's a favorite.

Why everyone hates Heisikanen?

Because if you ever suggest that a non-Swedish defender can have the best season, you're wrong.

Reactions: aufheben

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Of course he can but will he no. Hockey voters are a fickle bunch they go by name recognition as much as merit he will have to be a stud beyond everyone to be even considered at this time.

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
Kinda messed up that this type of thread is allowed but a Matthews 50 in 50 thread isn't. Its literally the exact same premise.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
I dont think so. I think he will later on his career but not yet.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Kinda messed up that this type of thread is allowed but a Matthews 50 in 50 thread isn't. Its literally the exact same premise.

Is this an obnoxious stat tracking thread on the main board where the player is nowhere close to the accomplishment? No? Then it is not remotely the same premise

Reactions: Realgud

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
Is this an obnoxious stat tracking thread on the main board where the player is nowhere close to the accomplishment? No? Then it is not remotely the same premise
This thread could've had 1 reply of "no" then be closed. Its not even a point of discussion

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
This place loves to jump the gun, it's 2 games in. I would wait till at least half season mark before talking about this stuff.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Neutral fan, for what it’s worth. I think Heiskanen will be a top five defensemen in the league within another season or two. He’s likely to be the second best defensemen in his generation by a comfortable margin over players like McAvoy, Chabot, Werenski, Makar, but I think all of them are far behind Dahlin. I don’t think it’s a fair comparison.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
The Swedes and Finns going back and forth, calling out each other’s biases but not acknowledging their own in thread is giving me the giggles.

It's funny because it exemplifies, extrapolates, and condenses the whole Sweden-Finland sibling rivalry perfectly as well as the hubris of it all.

Both Miro and Rasmus are awesome, don't belittle one to prop up the other in the name of nationalism/regionalism.

Reactions: swedehollow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad