Could Habs be interested in Yakupov?

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
that's not true. It's a philosophy, obviously, but it's not THE widely-accepted philosophy. What you are talking about is closer to Burke's style of management; which hasn't exactly been perfect.

What if this trade end up akin to the Kessel trade?

Kessel trade is looking good for Burke (took a while to justify especially with the Seguin hype train) , Seguin is meh(I'm sure he'll turn out ok but don't believe he'll be a perennial PPG player) and Hamilton hasn't proven much yet. I obviously didn't mean this to be the only strategy used , but simply 1 tactic that can be used when an opportunity arises that requires a gm to take action and not be simply passive.

xposbrad

Jul 11, 2009
I think for sure you are talking about min a 1st round pick + top prospect + ready nhl dman for him.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
How about Pateryn instead? He'll crack their blueline easily, and bring something they badly need.

I don't think Pateryn has proven anything in the NHL to justify him having any value to Edmonton , Tinordi however...

Issacar

Jan 19, 2011
So you wouldn't trade Tinordi and Bozon for Yakupov?

good thing you aren't the habs GM either

Defensemen that shows Tinordi's qualities doesn't come by very often. AS a matter of fact, they are harder to find then wingers with Yakupov's talent but dubious mental (Andrei Kostitsyn, ring a bell?)

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
The only way I could see us landing him is if Gallagher was going back the other way. They get rid of a quality future elite player with the KHL factor and attitude issues, for a hometown boy who has proven he can score big at the NHL level already and is roughly the same age.

Of course, we would have to add. Probably Gallagher + 1st + mid-level prospect. It's the only way I could see Edmonton considering it. They'd at least need to replace Yakupov's current contribution and gain assets. Maybe even another roster player.

The best Habs offer i could think is Gorges or Beaulieu + Pateryn + Collberg + a 1st round pick for Yakupov.

Not saying it isn't a hefty payment, but it doesn't sting enough, even though Collberg is my favorite prospect.

I guarantee if they were to land Yak it would sting, we'd lose Gallagher for sure. Edmonton won't even discuss Yak if Gallagher isn't on the table, and I don't blame them. Of course I'm speculating, but it doesn't take a genius to figure it out. I'd want him if I were them. Think about what they're giving up? 1st overall pick.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Exactly.

If he struggles... the city will roast him at double the heat of AKost.

He will hate it.

And he will bolt.

Negative mindset is negative...Why trade for Crosby he could just get a concussion and get booed out of town? Why trade for Ovechkin when the unmotivated Ovechkin might show up and get booed back to Siberia?

The guy is in his 2nd NHL season and is the 1st overall pick it's weird that the coach is publicly humiliating him by benching him two games in a row and stating that the team is better without him. I have no problem with tough love but this is prospect mismanagement 101 , as a coach you should keep the performance issues in the locker room.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Kessel trade is looking good for Burke (took a while to justify especially with the Seguin hype train) , Seguin is meh(I'm sure he'll turn out ok but don't believe he'll be a perennial PPG player) and Hamilton hasn't proven much yet. I obviously didn't mean this to be the only strategy used , but simply 1 tactic that can be used when an opportunity arises that requires a gm to take action and not be simply passive.

Hamilton is coming around and besides his skills he's big. IMO Seguin will become more than an OK player.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Thank you ...the voice of reason , I need some help here , I'm drowning in a sea of delusion :sarcasm: .

Plekanec is a heck of a player and Tinordi has a bright future, but a player with Yakupov's skill set is much harder to find than those two.

Eller takes Plekanec's role and Tinordi is barely playing and there is time to find a suitable replacement in the following years.

Pacioretty-Eller-Briere
Yakupov-Galchenyuk-Gallagher

Yes please.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'm stunned by your mindless prejudice when the Habs have a much better than average Dman by the name of Markov.

Pro sport is the one place where it's ok to be ethnocentric and xenophobic. In fact, if we go by what we're told Saturday nights, it's actually expected.

PricePkPatch*

Guys, step away from political talk. You don't want to start that here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad