Could Habs be interested in Yakupov?

JHabs

HFB Partner
Dec 14, 2007
Montreal
twitter.com
One can’t help but fantasize at the possibility of reuniting the duo having a Patrick Kane – Jonathan Toews – esque tandem going forward; at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft before the Montreal Canadiens made their selection rumors were rampant that the Canadiens would attempt to secure the first overall pick from Edmonton to draft both Yakupov and Galchenyuk, however as the draft came and went the rumblings around Le tricolore proved to be just that – rumors.

With Yakupov’s dissatisfaction with his current situation in Edmonton it would come as no surprise if the Canadiens surfaced as one of the parties interested in the young winger.

Are the Montreal Canadiens in need of a player like Nail Yakupov? While Bergevin would love to add another young prospect with high-end firepower to his roster, so would 29 other teams, all with deeper pockets to meet the Oilers’ organizational needs.

Full Story

Read away & Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

Issacar

Jan 19, 2011
At the 2012draft I was hoping Yakupov wouldn't be available at the 3rd pick. Today I'm hoping he never plays in a hab jersey.

PricePkPatch*

There's no lying it WOULD be sweet. No question about it.

But 2 concerns:

1- Obviously, do we have what it would cost? Are we willing to trade away potentially critical piece to get a skilled scorer? Not saying yes or no, just asking the question.

2- Do you believe Yakupov would be ready to learn how to play the game more professionally? His recent declaration about not wanting to skate all the time, finish his checks, etc... are a blatant lack of willingness to be professional.

Great players learn to do the small things. Being incredibly skilled is not sufficient.

Issacar

Jan 19, 2011
Foolish statement. The first part is fine, hoping we got say Galchenyuk instead but to reject yakupov? meh.

Wether it's foolish or not is interily subjective.

I would of drafted Teuvo Terravainen over Yakupov if I had the choice between both.

Yes Yakupov is highly talented. But the KHL card will be always around close, his father is always around to give him advice on his hockey career and pollute his brain. He could be the next Radulov/AK46...

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Wether it's foolish or not is interily subjective.

I would of drafted Teuvo Terravainen over Yakupov if I had the choice between both.

Yes Yakupov is highly talented. But the KHL card will be always around close, his father is always around to give him advice on his hockey career and pollute his brain. He could be the next Radulov/AK46...

While I understand your concerns I'd like to think the reward far exceeds the risk.

That being said, it always depends on the price.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
So long as the price is right....

I'd deal with his "problems" any day if it meant we had a player with his high skill level.

PricePkPatch*

So long as the price is right....

I'd deal with his "problems" any day if it meant we had a player with his high skill level.

You make it sound like these "problems" are just trivial aftertoughts.

They are genuine concern that any team should take into considerations, and wonder if they would be capable of making that change.

Now, I believe if any team has more chance of redeeming him, it's the Habs. Galchenyuk has already established a strong relationship with him, and might be willing to instill in him the desire to aspire to greater things. Plus.. come on. Our leadership core is much more superior than the Oiler's, which is nothing but an agglomeration of leaderless skilled players.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I'd love to have Yakupov on the Habs. That being said, I wouldn't make a trade for him if the Habs had to give up Subban, Galchenyuk, Eller, Patches or Price. And I'd be leery to part with Gallagher or McCarron. So it likely wont happen.

dreamingofdrouin*

I dont want yakupov, i want a number 2 d-man and a big mean sob for the top six

samsquanch9*

I'd rather keep Tinordi and Bozon.

We already have more then enough right handed wingers while Bozon is left handed. Also TInordi will be more useful to his team then Yakupov will.

hahaha no he wont yakupov and galchenyuk would both be over a ppg together. look what galchenyuk can do with gallagher imagine yakupiv instead.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

We don't have any problem scoring goals right now so I wouldn't trade for him or simply for any fowards out there. Maybe when Yakupov will be 32 years old and will want 10M$ per year/8 years he will sign with us, but I don't see him being traded to Montreal.

I hope Bergevin is more interested about doing something with our defensive top 6.

samsquanch9*

no take anything away from gallagher but yakupov is just supremely talented.. He has the potential to be a more physical phil kessel imo

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
This team needs many things (a no. 2 D-Men, a RW over 6 foot and a genuine no.1 Center -- that we might have, mind you).

Yakupov is none of these things.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I'd rather keep Tinordi and Bozon.

We already have more then enough right handed wingers while Bozon is left handed. Also TInordi will be more useful to his team then Yakupov will.

lol
id take that trade and run

Toastman

Oct 12, 2011
I would do Tinordi and a 1st. He might not be tearing apart the NHL, but he is still young and mega talented.
I don't think Edmonton would accept that offer however.

PricePkPatch*

This team needs many things (a no. 2 D-Men, a RW over 6 foot and a genuine no.1 Center -- that we might have, mind you).

In 2 years, we will have replaced Gionta with Yakupov? That would be incredible.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Edm would be dumb to trade him... really dumb but I guess everything is possible... I would be willing to part with gallagher beaulieu and 1st.

Toastman

Oct 12, 2011

Doesn;t matter. He is extremely talented and any team would love to have him, even if he doesn't play the position that is needed

Toastman

Oct 12, 2011
Edm would be dumb to trade him... really dumb but I guess everything is possible... I would be willing to part with gallagher beaulieu and 1st.

Hell no as a Habs fan. Although he's young and mega talented, he still hasnt proven himself.
Beaulieu and a 1st is as high as I would go. Gally is cheap and very productive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad