Could Habs be interested in Yakupov?

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
You think you know what everyone wants in a package deal.. which nobody here knows....

...and clearly he doesn't 'rock' or he'd wouldn't be on the sidelines watching his team play.

My point is that the Oilers don't want a package deal. But I get your point, you guys are figuring out which package you would be willing to offer, in case Edmonton lowers the bar.

Issacar

Jan 19, 2011
Kovalev, radulov, kostityn, andddddd tretiak say hi

The Russian factor comes from the fact that Russians leave.....

Pretty sure Kovalev left when everyone told him "we don,t need you, you're too old". Maybe you meant Kovalchuk?

Issacar

Jan 19, 2011
How did this come from the 72 series?As far as I know that was hardcore hockey. Country pride at stake, not individual accolades. This is not the Cold War here. We're talking about 20 year olds, with lots of talent and too much attitude. Throw in greedy agents, mooching family and friends, and you end up with ****** bags. I guarantee.

Are there North American / Euros that this happens to, probably.

Ryan O'Reilly says hello.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I'd do Yak for Eller straight up.

Me too. I doubt the Oilers would, but I'm not Nostradamus either. Yakupov is a rarer talent. Eller is awsome and fills the role of the big center we need, but you don't pass on a possible Maurice Richard trophy winner. I wouldn't trade Subban, Price, or Chucky though.

Issacar

Jan 19, 2011
The radulov situation didn't help much. Yakupov is right to a certain extent, if he does not like what his coach asks of him, he will still make bank in the khl. Some kid from flinn flon or st Paul has essentially one choice, the NHL or a paupers life in the a.

Pretty sure if Nathan MacKinnon says "**** the NHL, I can make 6M$ in the KHL", they'll welcome him with arms wide open. So yes kids from flinn flon or St Paul has a choice...

Issacar

Jan 19, 2011
I think the oilers stocking up on first round picks can t continue forever. Fucale is still a ways away, I think if they are not by going dubyunk labarbara they will want someone more seasoned. I've seen a few packages around Anderson out of Ottawa and pieces ( Cowan) that seems more likely if lehner is the real deal.

Of d prospects, I'd prefer letting beaulieu go as opposed to tinordi and guys like pateryn are not what Edmonton is looking for. If we lose beaulieu and Markov walks or is done, our already
Questionable y defense gets a little worse.

Miller could be a great trade bait for the Oilers too.

Issacar

Jan 19, 2011
Miller + Myers ? Would actually benefit both teams.

Oilers would have to package more then only Yakupov if they really want both. But yes, the Sabres have the depth to part with them and they could use some scoring too.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Oilers would have to package more then only Yakupov if they really want both. But yes, the Sabres have the depth to part with them and they could use some scoring too.

well you're talking about a team who's 0-7, I think that adding Yakupov and getting rid of Myers and Miller actually might push them 0-14.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine

If Yakupov is to be traded, I hope Bergevin swings. Yakupov is a real gamebreaker. But I can't see Edmonton trading him. It doesn't make sense. Edmonton is playing Hemsky and Perron over a true sniper who netted 17 goals in 48 games last year in his rookie year as a 19 year old kid. That's exactly 29 goals on a 82 games schedule.

Issacar

Jan 19, 2011
well you're talking about a team who's 0-7, I think that adding Yakupov and getting rid of Myers and Miller actually might push them 0-14.

Maybe, maybe not. THey still have Enroth who could make a case being ready for #1 spot and they also have matt Hackett who'se a good up and coming goalie. Also getting rid of the Miller drama might help them. It's not like Myers is a stud defensive defenseman right now, he does a few mistakes per game and htey have a few up and coming defenseman that every teams dream of (Ristolainen, Zadorov, Pysyk).

In 7 games, the Sabres have scored 7 goals... while allowing 18, can it get really worst then this?

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Edmonton is in a state of disarray and always has been for a long time. Yakupov would likely do better here under Therrien and Bergevin because they actually ****ing care about not letting the young guys be thrown to the wolves.

I don't think we're in a position to get him though. He's going to cost too much in terms of prospects unless we can somehow unload DD and Diaz to them. I don't like tossing Beaulieu away that easy because stud puck movers that can generate offense are not easy to come by.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Edmonton is in a state of disarray and always has been for a long time. Yakupov would likely do better here under Therrien and Bergevin because they actually ****ing care about not letting the young guys be thrown to the wolves.

I don't think we're in a position to get him though. He's going to cost too much in terms of prospects unless we can somehow unload DD and Diaz to them. I don't like tossing Beaulieu away that easy because stud puck movers that can generate offense are not easy to come by.

and be responsible for the collateral damage of ruining Beaulieu's career.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Yes there some, but stereotypes come from somewhere. It's not like we woke up one day and said, hey, let's pick a nationality to trash hockey wise. I didn't make it up. There's a precedent. Unfortunately for Yaki, he's playing it to a tee.

Watch, he's going to ask for Crosby money in 2 years.
Yes, just like those in the past did have a precedent for stereotyping women and minorities. The existence of a precedent only distracts from that matter at hand, which is whether the stereotype is even accurate to begin with, and if it actually is even relevant to the situation at hand

Perhaps there are small facts here and there for a particular group, but then that small factoid is then oversimplified and overgeneralized to the population as a whole.

Stereotyping cannot be justified on the rationale that the stereotype has always existed. Only the strength of the evidence and proper interpretation can justify the stereotype

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
Interesting, how would you go about replacing Price?

Serious question.

Price is a tad over-rated. Just give it to Budaj. I'm sure we can find a back up. Habs drafted Fucale so he should be good to go in a year or two. Never was a big fan of Price. Can't seem to shake the bad goals. Plus he always over commits to one side of the net. One of the worst lateral movement goalies I have seen.

Lets face it. Hab's aint winning anything for a couple years anyways. May as well start building a solid team.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad