Could Habs be interested in Yakupov?

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Since Lindros which 1st overall has been available ?

So what, it doesn't matter, it's not relevant ... but if you want Yakupov, expect to pay heavily with at least a key player plus to get him. Edmonton will not give him away for junk like a 1st Montreal pick plus an average veteran.

Last edited:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Just popping in because I saw this thread on the Index. I don't think the Canadiens and Oilers are good trading partners because they both want to get bigger and grittier, especially up front. What do the Habs have to offer us? You're not going to trade Price, Subban, Pacioretty.. Someone like Plekanec has value but not to the Oilers as a center piece when Yakupov is going back. Tinordi? Beaulieu? Forget about it. The Oilers have some good D prospects coming and a lot of depth at that position already. It would take Eller or Gallagher just as a starting point. If you really want to get our attention, maybe both come back. I'm not hear to be a troll or anything and I know most of you will laugh at Eller and Gallagher coming back in a proposal but that's just how Yak is valued as a 1st overall pick. You guys value Galchenyuk exactly the same. Gotta look at it from the other teams perspective too.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Just popping in because I saw this thread on the Index. I don't think the Canadiens and Oilers are good trading partners because they both want to get bigger and grittier, especially up front. What do the Habs have to offer us? You're not going to trade Price, Subban, Pacioretty.. Someone like Plekanec has value but not to the Oilers as a center piece when Yakupov is going back. Tinordi? Beaulieu? Forget about it. The Oilers have some good D prospects coming and a lot of depth at that position already. It would take Eller or Gallagher just as a starting point. If you really want to get our attention, maybe both come back. I'm not hear to be a troll or anything and I know most of you will laugh at Eller and Gallagher coming back in a proposal but that's just how Yak is valued as a 1st overall pick. You guys value Galchenyuk exactly the same. Gotta look at it from the other teams perspective too.

I'd trade Pacioretty + for Yakupov. I think he's a better goalscorer. I'd keep hold of Yakupov if I were the Oilers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->