Could Habs be interested in Yakupov?

PricePkPatch*

The Russian part of the equation is somewhat negated by the Ruskis in our lineup no? I wouldn't worry too much about that, personally. We've got Markov, who enjoys Montreal, and Emelin. Let's no forget about Galchenyuk.

Chuckie be no rusky

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
The Russian part of the equation is somewhat negated by the Ruskis in our lineup no? I wouldn't worry too much about that, personally. We've got Markov, who enjoys Montreal, and Emelin. Let's no forget about Galchenyuk.

You are right but you gotta learn from Kovalchuk. If russians aren't happy with their situation, a second option always awaits them in KHL with probably more $$$.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Gorges + Beaulieu + Collberg/ or Andrighetto for Yakupov.

Desharnais to minors.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Yakupov
Bourque - Briere - Gionta
Prust - Bournival - Moen/White/Parros

Subban - Markov
Diaz - Emelin
Tinordi - Bouillon/Murray

One can dream :sarcasm:

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Maybe you should start watching the games in that case, bro.

? Eller is hardly as much dominate as with gallys. He got a goal in Vancouver because of an own goal. Beside that he was shut down in the scoresheet. I didnt see any games last year though.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Gorges + Beaulieu + Collberg/ or Andrighetto for Yakupov.

Desharnais to minors.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Yakupov
Bourque - Briere - Gionta
Prust - Bournival - Moen/White/Parros

Subban - Markov
Diaz - Emelin
Bouillon/Murray - Tinordi

One can dream :sarcasm:

****, that would hurt our d-core.

Not so bad check out above.

PricePkPatch*

Not so bad check out above.

You are betting on Emelin being back next week, as well as Murray?

Never gonna happen. Unless Yakupov's arrival allows us to trade a winger for a D-man upgrade.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I would do Tinordi+ Colleberg + 1st and 2nd rd pick + DD for Yaks.

I like Beaulieu

Of course you do and so does EDM if you think EDM will give away a 1st overall pick a year after he was drafted for less then a top 4 D , a blue chip prospect D and another prospect/roster player that meets a need then you are completely off the mark. They don't need our useless picks they need to start putting things together I wouldn't be surprised if they asked for Fucale also.

Gorges + Beaulieu + Fucale for Yakupov.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Obviously it'd be awesome to reunite yakupov and chuckie but we don't have the prospect depth at D or in net to trade away fucale or tinordi.

Which means we'd have to trade one of our young stars..

No way we do that.

Maybe in a couple years if his value keeps going down but there's just not a fit for this trade to go down between us and EDM

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
No way the Habs tried to get another top three pick for Yakupov, and no way they try to trade for him now. I would recommend you close this ridiculous thread.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
You are betting on Emelin being back next week, as well as Murray?

Never gonna happen. Unless Yakupov's arrival allows us to trade a winger for a D-man upgrade.

Not next week but I'm hoping we can weather the storm for a month + while we wait for reinforcement , it's worth it if we get Yakupov , getting the 1st and 3rd pick in a draft would be a home run for Bergervin (that's why I doubt it happens).

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I don't if it has been asked, but is this a rumor or an opinion? It's not extremely clear.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I don't if it has been asked, but is this a rumor or an opinion? It's not extremely clear.

Opinion based on Yakupov being in the doghouse and him being friends with Galchenyuk , nothing but assumptions , I doubt it ever happens just nice to dream for a while.

PricePkPatch*

Not next week but I'm hoping we can weather the storm for a month + while we wait for reinforcement , it's worth it if we get Yakupov , getting the 1st and 3rd pick in a draft would be a home run for Bergervin (that's why I doubt it happens).

Look, I am not saying you be wrong; or anything. It's just.. "weathering the storm" is an awful big bet for an organisation that is resolute to at least make the playoffs every year. And it seriously depends on Emelin being back at 100%, which isn't gonna be the case.

Taking into consideration just how tough our division is... I just don't think taking such a bet is a good idea. we cannot gut our D-core that badly based on a player that... MAY become a superstar.

I understand totally just how rewarding your idea would be, if it cashed. 100%; we'd have one of the most dominant top line in the Atlantic division, maybe one of the top-3 1st line in the East..

But it would mean risking an awful lot. That would be Bergevin's job on the line. And Therrien's job.

hogtownhabsfan*

A package built around McCarron, Fucale, and Pateryn would intrigue me. But giving up guys like Tinordi or Beaulieu would just cause us to need to fill another whole.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

Look, I am not saying you be wrong; or anything. It's just.. "weathering the storm" is an awful big bet for an organisation that is resolute to at least make the playoffs every year. And it seriously depends on Emelin being back at 100%, which isn't gonna be the case.

Taking into consideration just how tough our division is... I just don't think taking such a bet is a good idea. we cannot gut our D-core that badly based on a player that... MAY become a superstar.

I understand totally just how rewarding your idea would be, if it cashed. 100%; we'd have one of the most dominant top line in the Atlantic division, maybe one of the top-3 1st line in the East..

But it would mean risking an awful lot. That would be Bergevin's job on the line. And Therrien's job.

Of course there is a huge risk there but that's how careers are made in this game (GM/Management wise) , taking huge risks that look questionable at the time but pay huge dividends. I know you can't really justify trading from a position of weakness but an opportunity like this where a 1st overall pick is in the doghouse doesn't happen very often. Especially in 2013 where teenagers are leading their teams into the playoffs.

PricePkPatch*

A package built around McCarron, Fucale, and Pateryn would intrigue me. But giving up guys like Tinordi or Beaulieu would just cause us to need to fill another whole.

Aye. Although Mc and Fucale's losses are going to hurt us, we would get a lot back our way.

PricePkPatch*

Of course there is a huge risk there but that's how careers are made in this game (GM/Management wise) , taking huge risks that look questionable at the time but pay huge dividends. I know you can't really justify trading from a position of weakness but an opportunity like this where a 1st overall pick is in the doghouse doesn't happen very often. Especially in 2013 where teenagers are leading their teams into the playoffs.

that's not true. It's a philosophy, obviously, but it's not THE widely-accepted philosophy. What you are talking about is closer to Burke's style of management; which hasn't exactly been perfect.

What if this trade end up akin to the Kessel trade?

Apr 28, 2010
I'd love to have Yak in Mtl! I know he has issues but I think having Gachenyuk on his side will be enough for him to stay in NA. It'll cost us a lot though.

I'd give up Collberg, Beaulieu, a 1st, maybe a couple more late picks..
(And yes, i know this isnt nhl14 lol)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad