Could Habs be interested in Yakupov?

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
I would trade Plekanec + Tinordi for Yakupov in a heartbeat.

we'd probably still have to add as Plecky probably isnt what EDM is looking for..plus we'd probably really miss Tinordi in a couple years

Would give us a shot at a truly elite top 6 in the future though..

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I would trade Plekanec + Tinordi for Yakupov in a heartbeat.

Me too, I'd swap Eller for Plekanec too if that's what they wanted. Still think we might have to add a bit for that one though, especially with Tinordi having all of 12 games NHL experience. I'm a huge Plekanec fan but Yakupov is at a different level.

Also, seeing people saying that they wouldn't do Bozon and Tinordi for Yakupov is just sheer lunacy.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
We have our own to take care of...

<Desharnais (no trade value until he starts getting pts again...gotta somehow find a way for him to get pts again or else he's absolutely useless in the trade market)
<Gionta (will he be traded before trade deadline? (1st or 2nd Rnd Pick?...I don't want to lose him for nothing)
<Markov (can he even be traded with his ****ing NTC?! he doesn't help us in playoffs so we have to try and get someone who can...common sense).

And, we also have lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to pay and save/prepare for our own players:
<PK Subban
<Eller
<Galchenyuk
<Gallagher,
etc,etc...

AND, last but not least...
PRIORITY should be to add a solid top 4 dman to our average d-core and someone who can deliver the goods in playoffs (unlike Markov). PK Subban can't do everything by himself. He needs more support.

Yakupov? No thanks (unless he comes very cheap!;), but...I really can see him leaving for the KHL sooner than later).

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
Stop with the politics and/or substance abuse discussions or find yourself unable to access this forum for awhile.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
we'd probably still have to add as Plecky probably isnt what EDM is looking for..plus we'd probably really miss Tinordi in a couple years

Would give us a shot at a truly elite top 6 in the future though..

I wouldn't want to add much more if anything tbh. I guess maybe a long shot prospect Edmonton might like, someone like Ellis or Holland.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
I wouldn't want to add much more if anything tbh. I guess maybe a long shot prospect Edmonton might like, someone like Ellis or Holland.

I don't think I would offer more either

all I was saying is Edmonton would likely say no as Yakupov's value is still extremely high and they could get offers like that from most teams in the league

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
no take anything away from gallagher but yakupov is just supremely talented.. He has the potential to be a more physical phil kessel imo

Or a younger equivalent to radulov. If he sticks around he could be a poor mans kovalev, a guy so frustratingly talented that the minute you ate about to give up on him, he has one great game.

Yakupov is still very young and not yet a bust ( far from it) but if we are going to roll the dice on reclamation projects, I'd prefer Tyler myers.

I shudder what we would have to give up to get him anyways.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
yup neither does phil kessel.. that doesnt make him a bad hockey player. you can forgive poor defencive coverage/checking when you have elite lvl skill as compensation

Or a younger equivalent to radulov. If he sticks around he could be a poor mans kovalev, a guy so frustratingly talented that the minute you ate about to give up on him, he has one great game.

Yakupov is still very young and not yet a bust ( far from it) but if we are going to roll the dice on reclamation projects, I'd prefer Tyler myers.

I shudder what we would have to give up to get him anyways.

With Tyler Myers, you need to take contracts into consideration.

If we were to pick up Yakupov today and keep him from stagnating in Edmonton, I don't think there would be a problem.

kovaless

Feb 21, 2008
No thx. Think about it, if he's behaving badly in Edmonton, you think his moody, I'm an elite player attitude , I don't want to practice, is going to change in Montreal. If reports are true, let the loser go back to Russia. Losers act the way he does. Of course, if the reports are wrong, then I'm sorry.

Christ what is the wrong with these spoiled brats. Making a million a year to ( and it's going to more ) to slap a puck in a net for fun, and complaining about speed drills.

I want players that love the game for what it is. Not selfish bratty kids.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
No thx. Think about it, if he's behaving badly in Edmonton, you think his moody, I'm an elite player attitude , I don't want to practice, is going to change in Montreal. If reports are true, let the loser go back to Russia. Losers act the way he does. Of course, if the reports are wrong, then I'm sorry.

Christ what is the wrong with these spoiled brats. Making a million a year to ( and it's going to more ) to slap a puck in a net for fun, and complaining about speed drills.

And we got one 3rd overall in the same draft...........:yo:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I wish people would stop talking about it's because a player is Russian. That's the biggest load of crap in hockey. There are just as many lazy players from every country and just as many hard nosed, grind and practice till their toes bleed Russians.

Enough is enough.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal

Grabovski says hi!

kovaless

Feb 21, 2008
I wish people would stop talking about it's because a player is Russian. That's the biggest load of crap in hockey. There are just as many lazy players from every country and just as many hard nosed, grind and practice till their toes bleed Russians.

Enough is enough.

Yes there some, but stereotypes come from somewhere. It's not like we woke up one day and said, hey, let's pick a nationality to trash hockey wise. I didn't make it up. There's a precedent. Unfortunately for Yaki, he's playing it to a tee.

Watch, he's going to ask for Crosby money in 2 years.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Yes there some, but stereotypes come from somewhere. It's not like we woke up one day and said, hey, let's pick a nationality to trash hockey wise. I didn't make it up. There's a precedent. Unfortunately for Yaki, he's playing it to a tee.

Watch, he's going to ask for Crosby money in 2 years.

It comes from 72 series hatred and Cold War prejudice. It has nothing to do with hockey except for the fact it has been manifested out of thin air by some old fogies who can't let go of their hatred.

If Canadians didn't hear Don Cherry spitting this crap every week, and those other meat head analysts do you honestly think this would be a stereotype?

It needs to go away, just like 5 years ago there was a stereotype that Europeans weren't good leaders because there wasn't one that won a cup as a captain but now that a couple have it is nonexistent. Perhaps, just maybe, if people stopped saying this crap it would go away? It's 2013 and we live in a highly globalized world where anyone, from any culture is a click of a mouse away there is no need for blind hatred when information is so readily available.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
It comes from 72 series hatred and Cold War prejudice. It has nothing to do with hockey except for the fact it has been manifested out of thin air by some old fogies who can't let go of their hatred.

If Canadians didn't hear Don Cherry spitting this crap every week, and those other meat head analysts do you honestly think this would be a stereotype?

It needs to go away, just like 5 years ago there was a stereotype that Europeans weren't good leaders because there wasn't one that won a cup as a captain but now that a couple have it is nonexistent. Perhaps, just maybe, if people stopped saying this crap it would go away? It's 2013 and we live in a highly globalized world where anyone, from any culture is a click of a mouse away there is no need for blind hatred when information is so readily available.

Kovalev, radulov, kostityn, andddddd tretiak say hi

The Russian factor comes from the fact that Russians leave.....

kovaless

Feb 21, 2008
How did this come from the 72 series?As far as I know that was hardcore hockey. Country pride at stake, not individual accolades. This is not the Cold War here. We're talking about 20 year olds, with lots of talent and too much attitude. Throw in greedy agents, mooching family and friends, and you end up with ****** bags. I guarantee.

Are there North American / Euros that this happens to, probably.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I would be very interested in Yakupov, but I'm not ready to pay the price the Oilers would be asking. They'll never accept a package (then I would jump on it). They want the moon, with a very good reason, Yakupov rocks, he's a true shifty sniper, his floor is Kessel !

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

The radulov situation didn't help much. Yakupov is right to a certain extent, if he does not like what his coach asks of him, he will still make bank in the khl. Some kid from flinn flon or st Paul has essentially one choice, the NHL or a paupers life in the a.

No one is saying hate all Russian players, but if you think that a sophomore dictating to a new coach how and when he will play even if the kid was dudley downright its not going to fly. I'd be willing to cut him some slack due to language, but if he meant that he does not want to skate all the time, yikes!

You don't buy into what the coach is preaching, you get games in the press box and feel shame.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
With Tyler Myers, you need to take contracts into consideration.

If we were to pick up Yakupov today and keep him from stagnating in Edmonton, I don't think there would be a problem.

I think the likelihood that they let him walk or trade him for scraps are pretty low. The have are not getting him for free and I'd like to see this situation resolved before committing to him at any cost ( I don't doubt the quote, I just hope it sounded better in his head than what came out of his mouth).

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
I would offer Beaulieu, 1st round pick in 2013, Fucale for Yakupov.

They get a goalie which is one of their need + a D who would instantly play in their top 4 and they get a mid/late 1st round pick. I doubt Edmonton would do it though.

Just think about the potential of this line: Yakupov-Galchenyuk-Pacioretty.:naughty:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I would be very interested in Yakupov, but I'm not ready to pay the price the Oilers would be asking. They'll never accept a package (then I would jump on it). They want the moon, with a very good reason, Yakupov rocks, he's a true shifty sniper, his floor is Kessel !

You think you know what everyone wants in a package deal.. which nobody here knows....

...and clearly he doesn't 'rock' or he'd wouldn't be on the sidelines watching his team play.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I would offer Beaulieu, 1st round pick in 2013, Fucale for Yakupov.

They get a goalie which is one of their need + a D who would instantly play in their top 4 and they get a mid/late 1st round pick. I doubt Edmonton would do it though.

Just think about the potential of this line: Yakupov-Galchenyuk-Pacioretty.:naughty:

I think the oilers stocking up on first round picks can t continue forever. Fucale is still a ways away, I think if they are not by going dubyunk labarbara they will want someone more seasoned. I've seen a few packages around Anderson out of Ottawa and pieces ( Cowan) that seems more likely if lehner is the real deal.

Of d prospects, I'd prefer letting beaulieu go as opposed to tinordi and guys like pateryn are not what Edmonton is looking for. If we lose beaulieu and Markov walks or is done, our already
Questionable y defense gets a little worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad