Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
As i wrote a few days ago the majority of the nations took the issue lightly and began to understand the seriousness of the problem a week / ten days late. The virus has been around the world for over a month.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
As i wrote a few days ago the majority of the nations took the issue lightly and began to understand the seriousness of the problem a week / ten days late. The virus has been around the world for over a month.

Well, the virus had its inception in North America and Europe later than Asia did, so the former would have taken the gravity of the situation later than the onset of the virus.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
A month from now we should have a good idea of the magnitude of this ( if not sooner )

I am guessing the pro leagues will at first defer to local officials and if say a city or state/province decides that large public gatherings are suspended we could, in theory, see playoff games in empty arenas.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Well, the virus had its inception in North America and Europe later than Asia did, so the former would have taken the gravity of the situation later than the onset of the virus.

The virus was not born in Italy and in South Korea, in these two countries adequate measures were taken promptly unlike others. Where the outbreaks are still unknown and there are still no limited areas. Just look at the number of tests carried out.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
The virus was not born in Italy and in South Korea, in these two countries adequate measures were taken promptly unlike others. Where the outbreaks are still unknown and there are still no limited areas. Just look at the number of tests carried out.

Maybe, I should have clarified the term, "virus", as the "spread of virus".

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Season will be cancelled after Philadelphia Flyers is one win away from the Stanley Cup.

Flyers aren't ready for the Cup. The Bruins are. Sorry, I don't hate the Flyers, but I'm just talking about reality. I like Flyers more than Bruins, because Carter Hart is a good goaltender.

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
We're past the point of no return on this. Cases exponentially growing in major US cities is inevitable.

Empty arena games or even the postponement of the playoffs is an increasingly real possibility.

Reactions: BruinsBtn

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
We're past the point of no return on this. Cases exponentially growing in major US cities is inevitable.

Empty arena games or even the postponement of the playoffs is an increasingly real possibility.

Or playoff games with no attendance in certain cities, and playoff attendance in certain cities, depending on the spread and severity of the virus.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Telling enough of what?

It would be irresponsible of the major leagues not to consult with the CDC given all the media attention to the Coronavirus.

Yea I was pretty much referring just to the magnitude of the situation. I don't recall this happening with the H1N1 or the Ebola scares.

someguy44

Apr 6, 2004
Space Jail
Thought people coming from China would get us (they did not as nearly, if not all, of them self quarantined themselves for 14 days). Thought people coming from Iran would get us... they haven't yet. Thought maybe people coming from Italy, Japan or South Korea would get us, but they actually keep good track of their numbers (for the most part). Turns out, it's going to be the Americans who'll get us with so so many untested people and letting this thing run rampant in several States. Thousands of people crossing the Washington State/BC border everyday. We are so screwed here in southern BC. Oh well, bring it on as this can't be avoided anyways.

That would make cap hell for many teams if revenue falls.

I think the NHL will loosen CAP rules because of this, not maintain the status quo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad