OT: Coronavirus XXXVI: Bat Scratch Fever

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
You didn't answer the question. Where does that $2,000 figure come from?

EDIT: Looked into this. It's bogus.

You should quit rage reading. It literally stated that it was from the Prime minister.

And now they've posted some costs billed to the traveler of 1200 bux so your still saving 400 by using the rights guaranteed under the charter

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
why label anyone who is travelling safely and quarantining as necessary "selfish"?
Because people who quarantine still have tens of thousands of opportunities to contract and spread from point A to point B. They spend hours in an aircraft cabin and hundreds of hours in the hotels. Human beings are vessels of virus transmission and many of them are still going to warm destinations because it's cold here and all the restaurants are closed.

I'm actually with the 'half measure' crowd. They should have completely shut down international travel from day one. If they did, these variants wouldn't be here.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Because people who quarantine still have tens of thousands of opportunities to contract and spread from point A to point B. They spend hours in an aircraft cabin and hundreds of hours in the hotels. Human beings are vessels of virus transmission and many of them are still going to warm destinations because it's cold here and all the restaurants are closed.

I'm actually with the 'half measure' crowd. They should have completely shut down international travel.

Huh you need a negative test to fly. You land you hop in your car and go home. The end.

Reactions: oilers'72

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Huh you need a negative test to fly. You land you hop in your car and go home. The end.
Hmmm...guess that's why there are dozens of COVID variants spreading internationally. They've got this shit locked down.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
You should quit rage reading. It literally stated that it was from the Prime minister.

And now they've posted some costs billed to the traveler of 1200 bux so your still saving 400 by using the rights guaranteed under the charter

"I saved $400 and I got to be an asshole and a health risk! Hat trick"

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Hmmm...guess that's why there are dozens of COVID variants spreading internationally. They've got this shit locked down.
7 South African variant in all of Alberta
271 U.K variants in all of Alberta

have these variants caused any abnormal curves in those countries? the answer is no
both the UK and South Africa's cases peaked in the beginning of January...just like Canada and the U.S

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
7 South African variant in all of Alberta
271 U.K variants in all of Alberta

have these variants caused any abnormal curves in those countries? the answer is no
both the UK and South Africa's cases peaked in the beginning of January...just like Canada and the U.S
I'm not in Alberta. My city is currently in a red zone and locked down because we've had more cases in the last month than we had for the entire pandemic. Why? Somebody travelled.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
"I saved $400 and I got to be an asshole and a health risk! Hat trick"

Not a health risk just going home instead of being forcibly detained

I'm not in Alberta. My city is currently in a red zone and locked down because we've had more cases in the last month than we had for the entire pandemic. Why? Somebody travelled.

Man your going to be really upset in 2022

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Heh She is just on a roll in the last 2 weeks. Springtime must be around the corner

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/covid-19-vaccine-tam-1.5673729

Pure fear mongering.

"We're going to have to manage this pandemic certainly over the next year, but certainly [we are] planning for the longer term of the next two to three years during which the vaccine may play a role but we don't know yet."

She knows she can spew this stuff and people will eat it up. So many pillows in this world.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton

I'm actually with the 'half measure' crowd. They should have completely shut down international travel from day one. If they did, these variants wouldn't be here.

Gotta be fair here. A lot of people travel for work and other very important business. Can't really lump it all into one large entity. I don't travel but I'm making an assumption that the vast majority of those who do aren't being shitty about it.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Gotta be fair here. A lot of people travel for work and other very important business. Can't really lump it all into one large entity. I don't travel but I'm making an assumption that the vast majority of those who do aren't being shitty about it.
This is why I'm saying 'unnecessarily' travelling. Some do for work. Others are still going for vacation.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
You literally have to turn your brain off to listen to the broken logic they try to spew to try and distract people from the fact that they're selfish children who are just fed up with this pandemic being a great burden to their daily way of life.

He's not making a political statement. He's just so angry they want him to wait in line to stick a QTip up his wittle nose. He just wants to freely come and go from his cheap Dominican vacation. And he doesn't give two shits if he comes back with a virus that he spreads to a couple old people.

He may also be trying to avoid this situation.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calg...HMHuTR7u1adiLWFsj7VgcNx4M7LdGTsPo5pLlOKqXA-jE

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Not a health risk just going home instead of being forcibly detained

Man your going to be really upset in 2022
I love how you're talking from a position of self-proclaimed superiority when this whole conversation devolved from you parading the actions of an anti-masking dumb f*** that is about to pay hundreds of dollars in fines because he values his 'rights' more than the well-being of others.

I can't be bothered to be upset. Just consistently disappointed with how the world continues to manage the challenges presented by this pandemic. I have no doubts I'll be let down in 2022 as well. As a population, we're not getting smarter.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
You have to admit that this is kind of funny.

Unless you are there. From other pics from other places he was getting top-of-the-line food.

Another article mentioned how they just call people an Uber and tell them to go home and quarantine. Sigh. Poor Uber drivers.

Reactions: belair

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Unless you are there. From other pics from other places he was getting top-of-the-line food.

Another article mentioned how they just call people an Uber and tell them to go home and quarantine. Sigh. Poor Uber drivers.
I just saw the food and laughed. It reminded me of Fyre Festival. You have to remember that these are people who chose to travel despite numerous government requests for them not to.

If they're going to bungle the quality of someone's hotel stay, now's the time.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I love how you're talking from a position of self-proclaimed superiority when this whole conversation devolved from you parading the actions of an anti-masking dumb f*** that is about to pay hundreds of dollars in fines because he values his 'rights' more than the well-being of others.

I can't be bothered to be upset. Just consistently disappointed with how the world continues to manage the challenges presented by this pandemic. I have no doubts I'll be let down in 2022 as well. As a population, we're not getting smarter.

You know TB still kills over a million people a year right....

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
You know TB still kills over a million people a year right....
Okay. I've heard these types of figures thrown out by COVID-deniers from day one. The case count will continue to grow and the virus will continue not being Influenza despite how much an unhealthily large contingent of our population will continue to convince themselves that it is.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton

You’re right as a population we are being deceived to believe that hiding from a virus is the best and only way to fight it. We have never in history taken this approach to a pandemic. We allowed healthy people to contract previous pandemic viruses which in turn ensures that those who survived passed on the genes to future generations, which in turn made our species as a whole more immune to said viruses. Hiding away will only delay the inevitable and in the end we won’t be any better off than we are today. But you know lock everyone up for an undetermined amount of time and keep pushing the narrative it is for our safety!

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Okay. I've heard these types of figures thrown out by COVID-deniers from day one. The case count will continue to grow and the virus will continue not being Influenza despite how much an unhealthily large contingent of our population will continue to convince themselves that it is.

Ah the covid denier label Nice

Deaths from TB - figures from 2020 report

Oh now you want to talk to people about influenza

Thats easy you can only die from Influenza if your in the hospital and have been tested for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad