OT: Coronavirus XXXVI: Bat Scratch Fever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Be interesting to see how this plays out. My gut feeling is that people my age will opt to skip the AZ and wait for the big two. I think there will be lots left for whoever wants it in this age group. Hope I'm wrong and it gets filled quickly, as the more vaccinated the better. If it gets to your year, and there is stock available, will you take the AZ shot?

I'm born in 61 so like I say I doubt its even an option by the time they get to that year. But certainly I would advise to get vaccinated sooner rather than later. If you are 1957, 58, go for it.

A question I would have and I can't see the answer anywhere is are they mixing and matching 1st dose and 2nd dose? I've heard that some jurisdictions have not even kept track of which version people are getting. Is that not potentially problematic? I say this because Canada is getting less of the AZ and more of the other vaccines so it raises questions.

I wouldn't pay a lot of attention to the relative efficacy differential. All of these vaccines purport to help with immunity, lessen severe cases and risk etc.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I'm born in 61 so like I say I doubt its even an option by the time they get to that year. But certainly I would advise to get vaccinated sooner rather than later. If you are 1957, 58, go for it.

A question I would have and I can't see the answer anywhere is are they mixing and matching 1st dose and 2nd dose? I've heard that some jurisdictions have not even kept track of which version people are getting. Is that not potentially problematic? I say this because Canada is getting less of the AZ and more of the other vaccines so it raises questions.

I wouldn't pay a lot of attention to the relative efficacy differential. All of these vaccines purport to help with immunity, lessen severe cases and risk etc.

I'm also 60ish but my thought is that hospitals may need people to be vaccinated before having major, but not emergency, surgery. I'll ask someone on my liver transplant team if it may become necessary.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

I believe they keep track and don't mix and match. That's why it may be good to get the AZ one, as if we aren't getting much of it, might increase your odds of getting a quicker second dose. But who knows at this point.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'm also 60ish but my thought is that hospitals may need people to be vaccinated before having major, but not emergency, surgery. I'll ask someone on my liver transplant team if it may become necessary.

Get absolutely as much information as you can because the AZ vaccine is purported to potentially have more complications with preexisting conditions. Really its frustrating how little information they really release here (AHS) they say its not for those with certain conditions but not really very clear on that. I have Arthritis, and I'm Celiac, both autoimmune conditions which theoretically put me at greater risk. Also wife and I have had prior Pneumonia. They dont indicate whether one is safe to take it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad