OT: Coronavirus XXXVI: Bat Scratch Fever

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Battered by the pandemic, Quebec lost more than 208,000 jobs in 2020 | Montreal Gazette

"The private sector bore the brunt of 2020’s employment losses, with 178,500 jobs gone, while 30,300 self-employed workers found themselves out of work..."

"The number of part-time jobs dropped by 106,900, while more than 101,000 full-time jobs disappeared..."

"The INS reported that “no significant variation” was reported in employment levels for public sector jobs in the province."

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
For example, lockdowns were always supposed to be short measures introduced to keep a lid on the virus until we knew more about how to deal with it. It was about grabbing our bearings.
exactly, now these "experts" wanna use it everytime there a small uptick in cases instead of finding other strategies
no wonder why people are yelling in airports about their section 6 charter rights on Instagram

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Nice to see some people understand their rights and freedoms guaranteed under the charter

What a colossal f*** stick. Why are people so adamant about their rights? They're not doing mandatory testing to remove freedoms from citizens. They're trying to control the spread of various strains of a highly contagious virus by people who believe it's their right to globetrot during a f***ing pandemic.

Why people are still travelling is my question. For the longest time, I wasn't aware that international flights continued throughout the pandemic considering the fact that our border with the US has been closed. Boy, was I wrong.

These dumb f***s are the reason why there's a South African variant of this virus currently spreading through a retirement community in my city that has been spared cases for the majority of the pandemic.

He's right, but he's still a selfish prick.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I wish he wasn't screaming but He knows his rights as supported by the fact he was free to go,.

My man, most people don't have the luxury of being a 38-year-old failson of a uberrich property developer who can afford to "know their rights" and rack up hundreds or thousands of dollars in fines like this choad, so it's pretty irresponsible to encourage this kind of thing.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
What a colossal f*** stick. Why are people so adamant about their rights? They're not doing mandatory testing to remove freedoms from citizens. They're trying to control the spread of various strains of a highly contagious virus by people who believe it's their right to globetrot during a f***ing pandemic.

Why people are still travelling is my question. For the longest time, I wasn't aware that international flights continued throughout the pandemic considering the fact that our border with the US has been closed. Boy, was I wrong.

These dumb f***s are the reason why there's a South African variant of this virus currently spreading through a retirement community in my city that has been spared cases for the majority of the pandemic.

He's right, but he's still a selfish prick.

There not doing anything of the sort.

My man, most people don't have the luxury of being a 38-year-old failson of a uberrich property developer who can afford to "know their rights" and rack up hundreds or thousands of dollars in fines like this choad, so it's pretty irresponsible to encourage this kind of thing.

That's a failure upon the school system not to teach our children what the charter of rights exists. Hint its not to control the people but to control the Gov

Reactions: oilers'72

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Toronto lockdown supporter sets sites on Alberta.

'Playing with fire': Alberta's R-value creeps back above 1, signalling higher infection rate | Calgary Sun

"Alberta’s virus reproduction rate — also known as the R-value — is back above 1, according to University of Toronto epidemiologist Dr. David Fisman, who pegged the number at 1.09 Saturday." The number is an estimate, calculated by epidemiologists by working backwards and factoring in metrics including case counts, hospitalizations and mortality."

"University of Calgary developmental biologist Malgorzata Gasperowicz said while there aren’t enough data points yet to say with confidence that Alberta will see another growth in cases, she advocated for a strategy of a short, severe lockdown to eradicate viral spread in the community and avoid a third wave driven by variants.

If we do a lockdown in March and April, it won’t give us the normalcy back, but if it was implemented now we could have a nice summer, with almost no COVID,” Gasperowicz predicted."

And in the summer, there'll be another excuse to "hunker down." More dangerous variants? More vaccine delays? Gotta keep the fear alive somehow.

I'm guessing this Gasperowicz woman never waited a table in her life while daddy paid her way through med school.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
That's a failure upon the school system not to teach our children what the charter of rights exists. Hint its not to control the people but to control the Gov

Wow cool, tell me what that has to do with a rich 'roid monkey traipsing around encouraging the stupid and gullible to incur huge fines?

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
And in the summer, there'll be another excuse to "hunker down." More dangerous variants? More vaccine delays? Gotta keep the fear alive somehow.

I'm guessing this Gasperowicz woman never waited a table in her life while daddy paid her way through med school.

I love this faux concern for the working class people who are the most likely to be exposed to COVID-19 if things go back to the status quo ante.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

because it's not illegal

Reactions: DaGap and oilers'72

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Imagine how brain dead you gotta be to think this is some ploy from the governments to screw us over while the entire world economy is going to shit. But it’s cause of the “new world order”... America couldn’t even contain two separate protests at the White House and capital hill and you ppl think 50 rich ppl can control the world?

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I wish he wasn't screaming but He knows his rights as supported by the fact he was free to go,.
"If you have brains, and you have balls, just say no"

The screaming was the problem? I'd go with insulting everyone following the restrictions in places to slow the spread.

Reactions: Dorian2

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
because it's not illegal
Neither is walking into a packed Walmart picking up everything you can put your hands on and coughing openly without covering your mouth. There are a lot of things that 'aren't illegal'. Travelling internationally through the heart of the pandemic is highly counterproductive when it comes to limiting exposure.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
I love this faux concern for the working class people who are the most likely to be exposed to COVID-19 if things go back to the status quo ante.

Sorry, are you implying that I have fake sympathy or that biologist does? My point is that I'm sick of these "medical experts" wanting to close the economy every five seconds. If they had gotten their wish, we'd now be locked down for nearly a year and counting, with a large number of businesses going permanently under. With the glacial pace of vaccination, I'm guessing this will go on for at least another year. It's neither feasible nor sustainable to keep the economy fully shuttered for two plus years.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
No one would be dying if they protected the old people. Well no more then the common flu.

60'000+ Italians who where not in LTC's have died from covid. Around 40'000 below 80 years old have passed. Influenza deaths yearly are estimated at around 8'000, LTC and others included.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Thanks for the update. My mom and dad passed at age 78 and 83 respectively. Your mom must be a real trooper and speaks well to longevity you might have in you as well. Glad to you and anybody that gets to see their parents, loved ones, survive this. One of the horrors of Covid-19 is the people that have passed had to die in isolation bereft of all the supportive people that would be there for them. Cherish the time, which I sense you will.
Thanks, to you and all others, really appreciate it. Lucky enough to have some good genes, I guess, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad