OT: Coronavirus XXXVI: Bat Scratch Fever

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
COVID hotels against Charter of Rights, Justice Centre says | Toronto Sun

The government’s arrest and detention of Canadians in this fashion is unlawful and unconstitutional, and we demand the immediate release of any Canadian currently being so detained,” said lawyer John Carpay, president of the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms (JCCF)..."

“The government has not explained why people cannot self-isolate at home. Locking people up in secret locations, without a right to call a lawyer or to have their detention reviewed by a judge, is in line with practices carried out by the world’s most repressive regimes
.”

Reactions: oilers'72

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
How is everyone holding up by the way?

Apart from the news cycle I mean, how are you doing? I was in the **** for a while, but family and work has picked me up. I know I am damn lucky to have my job, and a family which didn't bail on my drunken *** after these .... **** almost 11 months at home...

We're doing better and better here, even though we obviously have a lot of constraints. Vaccine cannot come quick enough imo, we need to see people again. Socialize, at least a little bit.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Apart from the news cycle I mean, how are you doing? I was in the **** for a while, but family and work has picked me up. I know I am damn lucky to have my job, and a family which didn't bail on my drunken *** after these .... **** almost 11 months at home...

We're doing better and better here, even though we obviously have a lot of constraints. Vaccine cannot come quick enough imo, we need to see people again. Socialize, at least a little bit.

Was -45C here windchill last night. But doing pretty well despite being in the middle of a substantial arctic deep freeze.

JT screwed up on the Vaccines, which is just par for the course.

We're at mercy of just our own device, which has been the feeling all along for a year now. We're the only ones that protect us. Canada is without leadership.

Wife still loves me and vice versa, somehow that always works out. She's a bit sick of me, which I'm sure people can understand..heh

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Was -45C here windchill last night. But doing pretty well despite being in the middle of a substantial arctic deep freeze.

We're at mercy of just our own device, which has been the feeling all along for a year now. We're the only ones that protect us. Canada is without leadership.

Wife still loves me and vice versa, somehow that always works out. She's a bit sick of me, which I'm sure people can understand..heh

Had a good laugh at that. Thanks for my daily chuckle. ;)

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

100%. I'm not really a party person, so when even I start missing gatherings of humans, you know it's gone on too long. ;) I find that the mental aspect wears on me more than anything. The constant negativity from certain political groups is so depressing. You try to turn it off but it is everywhere. But we just go day to day, keep as busy as we can, knowing that things will eventually get better. Take care over there!

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy

-45 C .... :eek:
Holy crap, I can't read further than that. Here, with the housing we have, that would be good night...

Happy to hear your doing ok, leadership is lacking these days. Here the Gov just threw in the towel, appointing a technicratic crew instead. I mean I like who they are putting charge, but it's weak to even be in this place.

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy

That's the important stuff! My wife hates me, and loves me. Vice versa as well I guess, .... even though I think I am more consistent (but I am prob not).

edit: sorry I am a bad person on a couple of wine glasses too much. My wife never hates me, she's just annoyed with me some times.

Last edited:

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
100%. I'm not really a party person, so when even I start missing gatherings of humans, you know it's gone on too long. ;) I find that the mental aspect wears on me more than anything. The constant negativity from certain political groups is so depressing. You try to turn it off but it is everywhere. But we just go day to day, keep as busy as we can, knowing that things will eventually get better. Take care over there!
Indeed, this last weeks we've started to see some people. Always outside and all that comes with this ****. Still, a breath of freash air that vaccines are coming, and so far the regional Gov is doing a good job. Too few doses though, as all over I guess.

Definitely need a bit of positivity, **** yes. Although I am not happy that the Gov in Italy fell, I am really happy if the one they are talking about takes on the charge. So far no single party has said no, so large coalition possibly.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
That's the important stuff! My wife hates me, and loves me. Vice versa as well I guess, .... even though I think I am more consistent (but I am prob not).

edit: sorry I am a bad person on a couple of wine glasses too much. My wife never hates me, she's just annoyed with me some times.

Believe me I understand. Only married people understand the bolded..

Its my fault, the pandemic, and that wife can't go shopping all the time, out for dinner, wine and dining etc. Its a male oriented plot to shutdown the female imperative..Conspiracy!

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

A party to me is around 3-4 people I really like. heh. Plus cats. They're invited. Sorry about the Superbowl comments, its the first time a team I was cheering for won anything much for a year. Slim pickings so I went for it. If we had beat the flamers on the weekend all the team trash talk wouldn't have been all pent up inside of me.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
A party to me is around 3-4 people I really like. heh. Plus cats. They're invited. Sorry about the Superbowl comments, its the first time a team I was cheering for won anything much for a year. Slim pickings so I went for it. If we had beat the flamers on the weekend all the team trash talk wouldn't have been all pent up inside of me.

No worries. No issues with gloating. But I have your anti Mahomes comments bookmarked and will pull them out and abuse you when/if they are in my favor. ;)

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
So on Saturday the government announced out of the blue that very limited children's sports could be allowed. Most significantly for this board that meant kid's hockey. There's a max of 10 on the ice (including coaches), practices only (no games), masks at all times except for kids during the activity.

So on the one hand that's great. I'm very happy at the idea of my kids getting out there on the ice again, even just to keep them active and skills from deteriorating.

But the province hadn't talked to anyone about this. This was a complete surprise in the minor hockey world. Heck Hockey Alberta had announced a few days earlier that the winter season was now cancelled. So nobody has any idea what's going on. The '10 including coaches' model doesn't work well with our team sizes, but I guess we can make it work.

I'm glad for the change, but it's so obvious that this was a last-second change announced all of 2 days before it went into effect.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
So on Saturday the government announced out of the blue that very limited children's sports could be allowed. Most significantly for this board that meant kid's hockey. There's a max of 10 on the ice (including coaches), practices only (no games), masks at all times except for kids during the activity.

So on the one hand that's great. I'm very happy at the idea of my kids getting out there on the ice again, even just to keep them active and skills from deteriorating.

But the province hadn't talked to anyone about this. This was a complete surprise in the minor hockey world. Heck Hockey Alberta had announced a few days earlier that the winter season was now cancelled. So nobody has any idea what's going on. The '10 including coaches' model doesn't work well with our team sizes, but I guess we can make it work.

I'm glad for the change, but it's so obvious that this was a last-second change announced all of 2 days before it went into effect.

More notice would obviously be preferred, but I'm glad they are being adaptive to their restriction model, and not leaving it set in stone. Good for the kids.

Last edited:

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Believe me I understand. Only married people understand the bolded..

Its my fault, the pandemic, and that wife can't go shopping all the time, out for dinner, wine and dining etc. Its a male oriented plot to shutdown the female imperative..Conspiracy!

And if you're anything like me, getting the wrong thing from the store, or get the item you think she wants, but still get in crap because it's the wrong brand.

When she sends me to store, I'm the king of getting it wrong somehow, no matter how hard I try lol

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
And the affirmation, getting the wrong thing from the store, or get the item you think she wants, but still get in crap because it's the wrong brand.

When she sends me to store, I'm the king of getting it wrong somehow, no matter how hard I try lol

I gave up years ago trying to buy gifts for my wife, especially clothing. Apparently what I think I would like her to wear is not the same as what she actually would wear and like. ;) Best thing I ever did was use personal shoppers at her favorite clothing stores. They know what she likes, and she is never disappointed. Quick phone call and a nice gift wrapped item is delivered, and my previous screwups are at least temporarily forgiven. ;)

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I gave up years ago trying to buy gifts for my wife, especially clothing. Apparently what I think I would like her to wear is not the same as what she actually would wear and like. ;) Best thing I ever did was use personal shoppers at her favorite clothing stores. They know what she likes, and she is never disappointed. Quick phone call and a nice gift wrapped item is delivered, and my previous screwups are at least temporarily forgiven. ;)

Clothing and beauty products are 2 sections I avoid as well. I've done the gift cars thing too, "here hon. Love you, pick what you want, you look good and what ever you choose" and pay the 10-30$ extra it costs cause she always picks a combination of things that cost more than the gift card(s) lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad