OT: Coronavirus XXXV: Y'all Got Any More of Them Vaccines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Some of the restrictions are being lifted on Monday. I think it was the salons, tattoo parlors, etc. Also, increasing the number of people at gatherings. Still nothing on a lot of other industries.
Outdoor gatherings are up to a max of 10. Indoor still not allowed. The garage it is !

Reactions: oilers'72

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton

Second coming of Mr. Dithers?

sXjqR13.jpg

Reactions: bellagiobob

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Its alarmist as well. They give no indications of how long after covid the xrays or analysis is taken, they have no longitudinal idea how long the scarring lasts, and this;

"When someone recovers from pneumonia, whether it's a bacterial pneumonia or a viral pneumonia, it's going to take some time for their chest X-rays to improve. Chest X-rays lag your clinical improvement. So you may be better, but your chest X-ray still looks bad," he said. "And we know that people with COVID-19 can get severe pneumonia, and some of that pneumonia will lead to damage to the lungs that will take time to heal. And some of it may be permanent."

They haven't even described how covid lungs are any different.

As is so often the case now this is a media spin article based on the comments of one Doctor. Who gives no substantiation of her comments.

I've had pneumonia at least twice in my life, never fun, and yes it does take time to get completely back. Even 6mths later with hard cardio you feel like you're hacking a lung once in awhile, but it does get better.

I suspect this does too, and theres no indication, and nobody knows that it doesn't.

Also "Worst Smokers lungs" have COPD, and have worse trouble breathing always, and which remains. Kind of a silly article.

Pneumonia, Bronchitis, Pleurisy, all bad, but lungs amazingly can heal through time. The article gives no information on how bad Covid scarring is relative to those.

Last edited:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
South Africa variant found in BC. They have no clue how the person got it, as they didn't travel. Henry says she's confident it's not spreading in the community. Not sure how she comes to that conclusion....

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
South Africa variant found in BC. They have no clue how the person got it, as they didn't travel. Henry says she's confident it's not spreading in the community. Not sure how she comes to that conclusion....

She's been losing script too lately. I mean its fatiguing being the health head through all this but both her and Hinshaw are tiring and starting to make more odd comments and takes. Both could use a holiday I'm sure. heh

Trouble with first person comments throughout this pandemic, and trying to trace from them is people tend to be really myopic with it. They'll typically say "I ahve no idea how I contracted this, and then say something like I was just hanging out with some buds smoking reefer and getting high" I mean this was actually stated here by somebody.

its just like detectives interviewing witnesses, its so frustrating.

People are really poor it seems at detecting past and remembering what they have done, slip ups in distancing and isolation etc, then theres the whole factor that people that blatantly disregard everything, they aren't going to always say that..

Which leaves tracers with a person that holds the answer to a chain of infection, but offers no helpful information.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
Unexpected String of Allergic Reactions Causes Delays at ‘Vaccination Super Station' Near Petco Park

Allergic reactions in some Moderna vaccine recipients caused delays Wednesday at San Diego County's new "Vaccination Super Station" near downtown's Petco Park, County health officials confirmed.

Just after 11 a.m., NBC 7 confirmed that some people waiting for their vaccines at the site at Tailgate Park were experiencing delays. Others said they had been turned away.

While allergic reactions are expected in mass vaccination operations, that amount seen Wednesday was slightly higher than expected for that time period so the Super Station slowed down vaccinations so they could investigate, Dr. McDonald said. The site also swapped the vaccines it was using for a new batch out of an abundance of caution, in case the reactions had to do with the original batch.

A county spokesperson confirmed the vaccines associated with the allergic reactions were from Moderna, one of two pharmaceutical companies with FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccines.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
They didn't jump any que. They had a bunch of countries move in front of them while they chased Chinese vaccines, and then had to get back in line. Your last sentence is correct, however.

They seriously went "all in" with Chinese vaccines? Wtf? That is mind boggling. I mean if their PPE was crap, what could go wrong with a mass produced vaccine without the same protocols that the rest of the world has to follow?

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Its alarmist as well. They give no indications of how long after covid the xrays or analysis is taken, they have no longitudinal idea how long the scarring lasts, and this;

"When someone recovers from pneumonia, whether it's a bacterial pneumonia or a viral pneumonia, it's going to take some time for their chest X-rays to improve. Chest X-rays lag your clinical improvement. So you may be better, but your chest X-ray still looks bad," he said. "And we know that people with COVID-19 can get severe pneumonia, and some of that pneumonia will lead to damage to the lungs that will take time to heal. And some of it may be permanent."

They haven't even described how covid lungs are any different.

As is so often the case now this is a media spin article based on the comments of one Doctor. Who gives no substantiation of her comments.

I've had pneumonia at least twice in my life, never fun, and yes it does take time to get completely back. Even 6mths later with hard cardio you feel like you're hacking a lung once in awhile, but it does get better.

I suspect this does too, and theres no indication, and nobody knows that it doesn't.

Also "Worst Smokers lungs" have COPD, and have worse trouble breathing always, and which remains. Kind of a silly article.

Pneumonia, Bronchitis, Pleurisy, all bad, but lungs amazingly can heal through time. The article gives no information on how bad Covid scarring is relative to those.

I think the point of the article went over your head a little bit

Reactions: doulos

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Doesn't seem far fetched to think they came into contact at some point with someone that was travelling.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

CBC giving Tam airtime, letting her speak, no criticism of her record, blames people for the pandemic spreading. That pandemic that according to Tam was not going to be a risk to Canadians. She still has a job. Telling you what to do..

"We have to distance, isolate, stay home, receive cheques until the great re...I mean election, we all do our part"

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

beauty quote :
Calling the new modelling "alarming," NDP health critic Don Davies called for stronger federal measures to reduce the spread of the virus.
"The numbers released today paint a very sobering picture," he said. "COVID-19 is claiming the lives of 145 Canadians every single day and the situation is getting worse. Clearly, what we've been doing isn't working. PHAC's forecast shows that a stronger response is necessary to slow the alarming spread of COVID-19."

wtf more does he want to do? have 38 million people on house arrest? what a goof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad