OT: Coronavirus XXXV: Y'all Got Any More of Them Vaccines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Remember when Xi said his vaccine was going to be rolled out first and given to everyone in the world free of charge as PRC ‘contribution’ to fighting the pandemic they caused? I think Trudeau was the only one stupid enough to say to himself, ‘hey, that sounds like a great offer I should probably look into’.

I honestly don't listen to politicians outside of NA as we have enough BS being spewed here to fertilize the entire planet, if I listened to Xi's BS I wouldn't need rubber boots anymore to keep my feet out of the shit, I'd need a snorkel and mask.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Remember when Xi said his vaccine was going to be rolled out first and given to everyone in the world free of charge as PRC ‘contribution’ to fighting the pandemic they caused? I think Trudeau was the only one stupid enough to say to himself, ‘hey, that sounds like a great offer I should probably look into’.

The NRC had prior collaboration with Cansino before Covid.
National Research Council contribution plays key role in newly approved Ebola vaccine - Canada.ca

Their vaccine covid vaccine used the same cell line, so working with them was a given.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I honestly don't listen to politicians outside of NA as we have enough BS being spewed here to fertilize the entire planet, if I listened to Xi's BS I wouldn't need rubber boots anymore to keep my feet out of the shit, I'd need a snorkel and mask.
Hope you have your snorkelling gear close at hand ... I’ll just post some of the highlights from his keynote address at the World Health Assembly meeting back in May. He lays it on rather thick so you may want to have a standby snorkel ready just in case the first one clogs up on you.

Catching the world by surprise,
(cough, cough) COVID-19 has hit over 210 countries and regions, affected more than seven billion people around the world and claimed over 300,000 precious lives. I mourn for every life lost and express condolences to the bereaved families.

In China, after making painstaking efforts and enormous sacrifice, we have turned the tide on the virus and protected the life and health of our people. All along, we have acted with openness, transparency and responsibility. We have provided information to WHO and relevant countries in a most timely fashion. We have released the genome sequence at the earliest possible time. We have shared control and treatment experience with the world without reservation. We have done everything in our power to support and assist countries in need.

China supports the idea of a comprehensive review of the global response to COVID-19
(cough, but not the origins) after it is brought under control to sum up experience and address deficiencies. This work should be based on science and professionalism, led by WHO and conducted in an objective and impartial manner.

China stands for the vision of building a community with a shared future for mankind.
China takes it as its responsibility to ensure not just the life and health of its own citizens, but also global public health.

COVID-19 vaccine development and deployment in China, when available, will be made a global public good. This will be China’s contribution to ensuring vaccine accessibility and affordability in developing countries.

To conclude, I call on all of us to come together and work as one. Let’s make concerted efforts to protect the life and health of people in all countries. Let’s work together to safeguard planet Earth, our common home. Let’s work together to build a global community of health for all!

Full text: Speech by President Xi Jinping at opening of 73rd World Health Assembly - Xinhua | English.news.cn

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hope you have your snorkelling gear close at hand ... I’ll just post some of the highlights from his keynote address at the World Health Assembly meeting back in May. He lays it on rather thick so you may want to have a standby snorkel ready just in case the first one clogs up on you.

Catching the world by surprise,
(cough, cough) COVID-19 has hit over 210 countries and regions, affected more than seven billion people around the world and claimed over 300,000 precious lives. I mourn for every life lost and express condolences to the bereaved families.

In China, after making painstaking efforts and enormous sacrifice, we have turned the tide on the virus and protected the life and health of our people. All along, we have acted with openness, transparency and responsibility. We have provided information to WHO and relevant countries in a most timely fashion. We have released the genome sequence at the earliest possible time. We have shared control and treatment experience with the world without reservation. We have done everything in our power to support and assist countries in need.

China supports the idea of a comprehensive review of the global response to COVID-19
(cough, but not the origins) after it is brought under control to sum up experience and address deficiencies. This work should be based on science and professionalism, led by WHO and conducted in an objective and impartial manner.

China stands for the vision of building a community with a shared future for mankind.
China takes it as its responsibility to ensure not just the life and health of its own citizens, but also global public health.

COVID-19 vaccine development and deployment in China, when available, will be made a global public good. This will be China’s contribution to ensuring vaccine accessibility and affordability in developing countries.

To conclude, I call on all of us to come together and work as one. Let’s make concerted efforts to protect the life and health of people in all countries. Let’s work together to safeguard planet Earth, our common home. Let’s work together to build a global community of health for all!

Full text: Speech by President Xi Jinping at opening of 73rd World Health Assembly - Xinhua | English.news.cn

Wtf is that supposed to mean? Irrelevant countries can eat shit and die?

Basically a coin flip.

Reactions: oilers'72

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Lol sounds like anything else made in China.

As much as the number is not all that impressive it tops the number of most Flu Vaccines and is still a game changer if the vast majority of your pop is getting it. A vaccine of even that much efficacy is enough to effect herd immunity, if say you're getting that vaccine out to 80-90% of population. Combine that with the many people already had the Coronavirus and there are less and less people left to infect.

Certainly not defending the Vaccine, but obviously 50% is better than 0% in your arm. In Canada we're waiting a MONTH for the next shipment of Vaccines to come in. That is if there are not further manufacturing, demand, delays.

I mean I'll say this. We're in Canada, we live in a Country that one year into a global pandemic of a Century still doesn't have the means to manufacure anything close to a N95 mask, and we're a pulp paper industry country. I mean we're relatively inept at manufacturing and can't do it to save our lives. Literally. I mean its hard to escape the perspective that we are sitting ducks here as far as our reliance on everything coming externally.

Plus I'm conscious that throughout this we are depending on the feds to do something right and get sufficient vaccine in on time. In other words hopeless feeling. This is one month of delay of vaccine that will take place when this virus is at peak spread in this country. The feds seem to say one month casually. Its a clusterf*** period of time to be waiting at this point. We might even have wasted all the one shots we have delivered if people have to wait too long for their next shot. Plus those one shots are only getting 50% immunity as well.

If everybody had access to ample proper n95 masks how much less would our cases and infections be?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Disgusting. This is the same thing as all the Parisians fleeing the City to go spread the virus over to small towns and regions that were far less impacted by the virus. In only me first thinking, and not a stitch of concern that they are bringing the pandemic with them. Kind of pisses you off too that because Atlantic Canada is closed, these people looking for less virus locations are coming all the way to BC, and I bet they are coming to our great mountain ski facilities as well.

'Worrying' number of tourists from outside B.C. prompts Whistler doctor to call for travel ban | CBC News

For Once Albertans not blamed in a CBC article. They are flat out reporting that most of these people are from Ontario and Quebec.

If I'm a Reporter I would immediately do a story on how many of these people are in Banff, Jasper, Kananaskis, or maybe controls being better there, they aren't hitting those places as much anymore.

As confirmation I put this here as well indicating some of the superior restrictions and limiting going on at Alberta Ski hills compared to what seems like a free for all in BC.

Heading to the mountains to ski over the holidays? Check out the latest restrictions before you go | CBC News

Last edited:

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Good news! We have vaccines that work and our PM has promised us we will basically have so many of them, the provinces will have difficulty distributing all of them. Like a river overflowing!

Oops. Bad news. We are going to consistently run out in the next couple months, sorry about that. Please be a dear, and don't get sick and die in the meantime, okay?
Shipments are reduced to all countries. Pfizer has closed down a couple of production lines to work on them so that once restarted they'll be capable to ramp up production significantly.

All countries are complaining about it, and seeing the live vaccine trackers on every news site, I get it. But I am not sure this is such a disasterous decision by Pfizer. Come march/april they'll be able to provide many more doses than was expected.

edit: we're talking about increasing production capability by a factor of 2.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Shipments are reduced to all countries. Pfizer has closed down a couple of production lines to work on them so that once restarted they'll be capable to ramp up production significantly.

All countries are complaining about it, and seeing the live vaccine trackers on every news site, I get it. But I am not sure this is such a disasterous decision by Pfizer. Come march/april they'll be able to provide many more doses than was expected.

Nah, this is not helpful for the Northern Hemisphere, at all. Essentially production is being limited now, so that they can gear up to provide more vaccine at such time that numbers go drastically down here?

Looks like the whole Northern Hemisphere got stiffed here. worse, people are not as naturally inclined to line up for vaccines in April, May, when we finally start supposedly getting an appreciable supply. Daily numbers here in Alberta will be in the few hundreds provincially. Might be 1K active cases in Calgary or Edmonton, if that, by then.

So essentially we'll be getting vaccine when we don't need it. Thats gotta be very comforting to the UK right now.

This is the Covid rage cycle right now. Its following the same curve as the Spanish Flu a Century ago, second year much more virulent. We're at the peak now, and no vaccine...

In Alberta not even 2% have been inoculated, and thats only one shot protection.

edit to edit. Wait, so the increased factor is only X2. Essentially Pfizer is only doubling what is currently very meager production? They're basically just ensuring that much more vaccine bought ends up being from different suppliers.

Last edited:

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Nah, this is not helpful for the Northern Hemisphere, at all. Essentially production is being limited now, so that they can gear up to provide more vaccine at such time that numbers go drastically down here?

Looks like the whole Northern Hemisphere got stiffed here. worse, people are not as naturally inclined to line up for vaccines in April, May, when we finally start supposedly getting an appreciable supply. Daily numbers here in Alberta will be in the few hundreds provincially. Might be 1K active cases in Calgary or Edmonton, if that, by then.

So essentially we'll be getting vaccine when we don't need it. Thats gotta be very comforting to the UK right now.

This is the Covid rage cycle right now. Its following the same curve as the Spanish Flu a Century ago, second year much more virulent. We're at the peak now, and no vaccine...

In Alberta not even 2% have been inoculated, and thats only one shot protection.

edit to edit. Wait, so the increased factor is only X2. Essentially Pfizer is only doubling what is currently very meager production? They're basically just ensuring that much more vaccine bought ends up being from different suppliers.
They're moving from around 1.3 billion doses foreseen to 2 billion with this upgrade.

I am not defending them here, I do see a point long term though (money for them, that's their bottom line). Of course all countries want more now, but it's also really not Pfizer's fault that they were first to be approved and thus go-to provider. They are obviously using that to their advantage here.

UK have approved AstraZeneca so I don't think they will be that much affected by this. The EU is very affected by it, and have already leveled complaints against the company.

edit: the point of my initial reply was more to the fact that this is not the fault of any particular politicians, it's Pfizer doing it and it affects all customers. I also think it'll be manageable, even though of course it is always better to have more now.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
They're moving from around 1.3 billion doses foreseen to 2 billion with this upgrade.

I am not defending them here, I do see a point long term though (money for them, that's their bottom line). Of course all countries want more now, but it's also really not Pfizer's fault that they were first to be approved and thus go-to provider. They are obviously using that to their advantage here.

UK have approved AstraZeneca so I don't think they will be that much affected by this. The EU is very affected by it, and have already leveled complaints against the company.

edit: the point of my initial reply was more to the fact that this is not the fault of any particular politicians, it's Pfizer doing it and it affects all customers. I also think it'll be manageable, even though of course it is always better to have more now.

The bolded is a meaningless figure without a timeline. Would be more interesting to see when they expect to get how many doses to which countries.

Politically, again you don't know all the background here. The Feds slashed the contracts of domestic firms that could have been providing vaccine by now, within our borders, and thus not relying on outside sources. The feds also dabbled with China Vaccine for awhile which equated to fiddling while rome is burning.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

I'm not concerned about all the millions of vaccines we will receive in the spring. I'm concerned about all the vaccines we will not receive before then, and all the vulnerable people as a result. And with the sceptre of fast spreading variants hanging over us, this could not be worse news.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
As much as the number is not all that impressive it tops the number of most Flu Vaccines and is still a game changer if the vast majority of your pop is getting it. A vaccine of even that much efficacy is enough to effect herd immunity, if say you're getting that vaccine out to 80-90% of population. Combine that with the many people already had the Coronavirus and there are less and less people left to infect.

Certainly not defending the Vaccine, but obviously 50% is better than 0% in your arm. In Canada we're waiting a MONTH for the next shipment of Vaccines to come in. That is if there are not further manufacturing, demand, delays.

I mean I'll say this. We're in Canada, we live in a Country that one year into a global pandemic of a Century still doesn't have the means to manufacure anything close to a N95 mask, and we're a pulp paper industry country. I mean we're relatively inept at manufacturing and can't do it to save our lives. Literally. I mean its hard to escape the perspective that we are sitting ducks here as far as our reliance on everything coming externally.

Plus I'm conscious that throughout this we are depending on the feds to do something right and get sufficient vaccine in on time. In other words hopeless feeling. This is one month of delay of vaccine that will take place when this virus is at peak spread in this country. The feds seem to say one month casually. Its a clusterf*** period of time to be waiting at this point. We might even have wasted all the one shots we have delivered if people have to wait too long for their next shot. Plus those one shots are only getting 50% immunity as well.

If everybody had access to ample proper n95 masks how much less would our cases and infections be?
50% was a target until very recently. Now it seems like a failure.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
A thread by Dr. Deena Hinshaw

Here is a summary of today’s #COVID19AB update.

There are 717 new cases with 12,713 active cases across Alberta. I’m sad to report an additional 15 deaths. My heartfelt condolences to those mourning a loved one. (1/3)

There are currently 765 people in hospital with 122 people in ICU. On Jan. 15, an additional 12,439 tests were completed giving a positivity rate of 5.6%. This brings the total number of completed tests to 3,008,718 since testing began. (2/3)

This weekend, I encourage everyone to get outside and enjoy the mild weather. If you go for a walk with ppl outside your household, wear a mask and practice physical distancing. Please keep following the measures in place. (3/3)

Reactions: nabob

McSendy

Nov 29, 2017
Then I encourage you to actually read the article;

Post-COVID lungs worse than the worst smokers' lungs, surgeon says - CBS News

I don't even have to get beyond the title to spot the first inaccuracy. There are tons of people that smoke that literally cannot breathe on their own anymore their lungs hardly work, and have advanced COPD. I mean I encourage you to think about this. The title says post covid. That means people recovered, unless they are talking autopsies. So in short people that have survived covid would have better lungs than somebody stuck to an oxygen machine for the rest of their life because of chronic smoking.

Then this. Its completely laughable.

"Post-COVID lungs look worse than any type of terrible smoker's lung we've ever seen. And they collapse. And they clot off. And the shortness of breath lingers on... & on... & on."

Repeating the same bogus claim, more words.

Next inaccuracy is the chart of lung Xrays. Suffice to say I guarantee you can find "smokers lungs" that look MUCH MUCH worse than that. They literally picked somebodies X ray that said yes to being a smoker, and threw that up there. CERTAINLY not the worst smokers lungs they've ever seen. I've taken people to hospital that were smokers that had far worse Xrays than that.

But starting with the title the article is bogus, its classic bait switch fear mongering. What is contained in the article doesn't even substantiate the title. The only even attempt at substantiating is the contrived X rays.

I would agree that the article is primarily a bunch of false fear mongering.

There's really no point in even reading beyond the first sentence of the article. It is so riddled with problems and misleading information that it completely discredits the rest of the article. Let me break it down in two parts:

"A Texas trauma surgeon" - STOP!

A trauma surgeon? Since when do trauma surgeons take care of Covid patients? There are primarily four types of physicians that have had the most experience with Covid:
- Family physicians in the community taking care of generally well Covid patients.
- ER physicians who have to decide who is sick and stays in the hospital, vs who is well enough to go home.
- Hospitalists and ICU doctors that manage inpatients.

(Sidenote: I'm sure somebody will argue that infectious disease physicians should be included, but to be honest they don't do much direct clinical work. They're not on the front line seeing first hand the effects of Covid. No doubt they know all about epidemiology, demographics, treatment, etc. But if we're looking for firsthand experience, they're a ways down the list.)

Ok, continuing on with the first sentence.

"...says it's rare that X-rays from any of her COVID-19 patients come back without dense scarring."

It may be true that the aforementioned trauma surgeon has only seen x-rays with dense scarring. However, this implies that all people with Covid have dense scarring visible on chest xray, which is COMPLETELY FALSE. By far the majority of people with Covid have normal chest x-rays. No pneumonia, no scarring, nothing. Either the trauma surgeon is lying for the sake of the article, or has only seen a few chest x-rays and is falling victim to selection bias. Let me explain. Only the sickest people with Covid will actually get admitted from the ER. This means that inpatient doctors, which includes a trauma surgeon, only typically see the absolute worst patients with the worst chest xrays. ER doctors are the only ones that get to see the full spectrum of chest xrays. I happen to be an ER doctor.

I could continue on throughout the article, but all of the fear mongering lies just aren't worth my time.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
A thread by Dr. Deena Hinshaw

Here is a summary of today’s #COVID19AB update.

There are 717 new cases with 12,713 active cases across Alberta. I’m sad to report an additional 15 deaths. My heartfelt condolences to those mourning a loved one. (1/3)

There are currently 765 people in hospital with 122 people in ICU. On Jan. 15, an additional 12,439 tests were completed giving a positivity rate of 5.6%. This brings the total number of completed tests to 3,008,718 since testing began. (2/3)

This weekend, I encourage everyone to get outside and enjoy the mild weather. If you go for a walk with ppl outside your household, wear a mask and practice physical distancing. Please keep following the measures in place. (3/3)
Nice to see a few days here and there where the positivity is dropping below 6%. If we can get it below 5% and keep it there we will be in a good place I think.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Lots of articles coming out beginning to openly question the origin of this virus and the fitness of WHO to investigate. The Wired article below reveals that the ‘gentleman’ responsible for the letter that went around denouncing the notion that the virus escaped from Wuhan lab in fact has close ties to US labs that partner with PRC. He is also still being used as an ‘expert’ resource by WHO as they conduct their ‘investigation’. Oh, and WHO’s official policies don’t require anyone to reveal potential conflicts of interest. This whole thing keeps getting shadier as the days go by.

If Covid-19 Did Start With a Lab Leak, Would We Ever Know?

This Peter Daszak character seems like a real pos.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/nypost....as-leaked-from-a-lab-had-this-major-bias/amp/

This article makes it crystal clear that people attempting to dismiss the possibility of a leak don’t have a clue.

Stanford scientist calls for investigation of Wuhan lab leak | Taiwan News | 2020/12/03

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
In reference to the above sometimes I like to go to the source. While the letter signed by 27 Scientists is alleged in the above links, it isn't directly cited from what I can see. So lets examine that letter in detail;

Statement in support of the scientists, public health professionals, and medical professionals of China combatting COVID-19 - The Lancet

I encourage people to read the letter, and to note its date, and to see the several oddities that I outline. I'll rebut some paragraph by paragraph;

We have watched as the scientists, public health professionals, and medical professionals of China, in particular, have worked diligently and effectively to rapidly identify the pathogen behind this outbreak, put in place significant measures to reduce its impact, and share their results transparently with the global health community. This effort has been remarkable.

The above reads as solidarity. Its effusive with praise for the China efforts, look at the bolding by me. Lets break down some fact checking. First China did not reduce the impact of Covid-19 except possibly within its borders. The virus has instead become a global pandemic. So retrospectively the claim is rendered false. Second, that the current enquires are happening a year later, and only involving the team leads of selected parties, that are defending the Chinese efforts in this letter is suspicious. Again names like Daszak, Drosten, Colwell are signatories. The efforts of who have been questioned in terms of conflict of interests. But they are revealing that in this crafted letter. In short does an investigation, a year later, by colleagues connected to China, to Wuhan labs, is this "transparency" is this going to be open account. Or is it organized whitewash. The reader can decide. Finally, "the effort has been remarkable". Why is that subjective appraisal even occurring in a letter in the Lancet. Indeed why is the letter itself published by the Lancet, it is not a study, it is not results from a study, it is not peer reviewed. It is a letter from a particular aligned collective.

Next;

We sign this statement in solidarity with all scientists and health professionals in China who continue to save lives and protect global health during the challenge of the COVID-19 outbreak. We are all in this together, with our Chinese counterparts in the forefront, against this new viral threat.

Well, theres the solidarity right there I spoke of, in bold, in the letter. At least its accurate, because thats all this is. Solidarity, right or wrong, truth or untruth solidarity. The letter is actually stating it. They may as well have completed the picture and said unconditional solidarity, I would posit it could be one and the same. But even if one disputes any conjecture I question "who continue to save lives and protect global health" Again, retrospectively this claim has been proven false. This did not occur. Global health was not protected. "We are all in this together with Chinese counterparts" Yeah, spell it out for us, thanks.

Next;

The rapid, open, and transparent sharing of data on this outbreak is now being threatened by rumours and misinformation around its origins. We stand together to strongly condemn conspiracy theories suggesting that COVID-19 does not have a natural origin.

The bolded is problematic. Because it is not standard Scientific nomenclature, or practice to "Stand together to strongly condemn". More typical terminology is that "the study has been refuted" "The findings are not corroborated" "our findings do not support X study" "upon further research the findings of the study are not corroborated. Those are examples of stated Scientific refutation. The bolded statement is not. It clearly states what it is. Its condemnation, which is not the natural domain of Scientists, but appears that subversion of Scientific process and impartiality has occurred in present day.

I mean the letter, the Lancet, the wording, the "solidarity with China, and the "we stand united, together, with our Chinese counterparts". Figuratively we stand united to condemn (our adversaries) Is not typical Scientific nomenclature it reads more like Maoist script. In this letter they are acknowledging coopted process.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
More comments.

Scientists have been subverted before. To wit the Manhattan project. Many of the Scientists involved expressed continual regret, ethical disagreements with what they were involved, with what the fruit of their efforts would end up being, with the potential cataclysm, the potential destruction of man and life. They did it anyway, under pressure, under subversion, it was done to deter tyranny. Which of course did not preclude that the same weapons would be used for tyranny. The scientists were aware of that.

Other Scientists, all sides, have spent their lives researching poison gases, use of anthrax, etc, whatever means of obliteration that may be purported to protect the righteous and deter tyranny. While of course weaponry of any type doesn't know or take sides. Its death for hire.

Only 50yrs ago one of the biggest fears on the Moon mission was that some interplanetary plague, taken from the astronauts, from the Moon, might be unleashed on earth. There was that much concern regarding the astronauts who were isolated long term with other organisms like mice. To see if they would all drop dead, before releasing them back to the world..

Yet ever since labs have been involved in intricate ongoing work around the world working with dangerous and lethal bio weapons, bacterium virus etc, all of which could be harmful if released.

So precursors of Covid-19 were researched in labs ever since SARS virus. But to what beneficial effect to humans. One would think the research of these viruses would intimately involve the eradication of the same. How can Scientists ethically work on the perpetuation and mutation and sharing and growing these viruses without having fail safe stop mechanism vaccines. In the efforts of human safety it would seem to me the first thing you would want to do is work on vaccines. Yet such work was discontinued, unfunded, while work on studying the virus continued.

In short the distribution and perpetuation of these virus in labs, except for a primary study of the eradication of the same, seems to be inconsistent with furthering global health. At least in layman perspective.

In a short 50yrs we've gone from massive concern about virus, bacteria, germs that might wipe out human life to intensive study of such that could kill Millions of lives if leaked. Seems inconsistent. Apparently in that 50yrs we've come to believe we can research all this safely in labs because we have Scientific mastery of epidemic. Perhaps Science had become overconfident. Whether this has been leaked from Labs or not the pandemic has answered loudly to our presumption of mastery. As Millions of lives lost can attest.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I'm not concerned about all the millions of vaccines we will receive in the spring. I'm concerned about all the vaccines we will not receive before then, and all the vulnerable people as a result. And with the sceptre of fast spreading variants hanging over us, this could not be worse news.
I guess we'll see what happens, Pfizer announced today that they will be back on schedule within a week for EU doses. After that we're getting more and faster since they've increased capacity.

I don't know, I understand we're talking about life and death here and about protecting the most vulnerable. But it seems as if we're starting to disect each and every single move made to find out who to be upset with. I see the problems with what happened here, but of course I see the benefit of almost doubling the doses available this year for one of the few approved vaccines. At the same they said that they will have caught up by the end of March (i.e. fullfill the requested deleterie in total by Q1).

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
The bolded is a meaningless figure without a timeline. Would be more interesting to see when they expect to get how many doses to which countries.

Politically, again you don't know all the background here. The Feds slashed the contracts of domestic firms that could have been providing vaccine by now, within our borders, and thus not relying on outside sources. The feds also dabbled with China Vaccine for awhile which equated to fiddling while rome is burning.
Timeline is that despite the stopage they will have caught up again in Q1, delivering all doses promised.

After that I think it will be country specific based on deals made, but they will have more and be faster. I do thinn more countries will split the case though. If AstraZeneca is approved things will change a bit, in EU at that point I think it's possible that there will be more vaccine than they can distribute. At least in some countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad