Coronavirus discussion thread (no political debates) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Yes, it has all the characteristic of aerosolized spread. This why the in the SSE people were infected that were not in contact with the host and 97 percent were indoors and the other were combo indoor and out.

I’m glad the news is starting to report this which will lead to run on anti-viral sprays and HEPA AC filters.

Smart person has those Hepa filters already in use.

Reactions: Nineteen67

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
The anti-mask crazies are emerging now as municipalities in Ontario start implementing by-laws.
You really believe a mask is going to be saves our butt do you. It is a part of the solution. It is not the cure. The only way to contain it was isolation and the numbers at the time we were proofed itbto the numbers today. They are really playing games with numbers on monthly charts of the spread too. If we were to check numbers since re opening dates to present on the month and further right back to the start they are using % for daily cases. That is very flawed as the cases rise every day. A even % from of increase for a one week period say the number of cases ate rising. They say it is equal by percentage. Cases are rising significantly more per day since opening than they are letting on. They are letting people die to open the economies in our provinces as a cost of doing business.
I’ll wear a mask any day they ask me to. I won’t not second guess the way they are sneakily reporting it.

Reactions: Nineteen67

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
no kidding....

For children (0-17 years), cumulative COVID-19 hospitalization rates are much lower than cumulative influenza hospitalization rates at comparable time points during recent influenza seasons."

8BUOhoU_p-EWcrmyASDAbC4GWzUEi9G01FBxjflpAX6b3PbNO84SlfhaVObEobX9B0v4RuVv6ZI7cw=w2224-h1394
Did you just compare Covid 19 as a equal to the flu! If you did thats a fatal mistake to view these two equal or put up anti threat towards this covid 19. That could be perceived as minimizing. They are not a comparable.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
You really believe a mask is going to be saves our butt do you. It is a part of the solution. It is not the cure. The only way to contain it was isolation and the numbers at the time we were proofed itbto the numbers today. They are really playing games with numbers on monthly charts of the spread too. If we were to check numbers since re opening dates to present on the month and further right back to the start they are using % for daily cases. That is very flawed as the cases rise every day. A even % from of increase for a one week period say the number of cases ate rising. They say it is equal by percentage. Cases are rising significantly more per day since opening than they are letting on. They are letting people die to open the economies in our provinces as a cost of doing business.
I’ll wear a mask any day they ask me to. I won’t not second guess the way they are sneakily reporting it.

Sorry haven't been really following this thread as I have been avoiding Covid news/talk and have been concentrating (or rather, distracting myself) on the Covid-19 Stocks thread on the General Hockey Discussion board so I apologize if I'm off base here but...

Are we talking Ontario here or in the US? If the US ...well, it's a $hit show and the southern states seem to be on the verge of collapse so who knows what the real numbers are. And all those anti-maskers...well, the education system certainly failed them...

Now, if we are talking Ontario...are cases really rising? I mean, today, we had about 170 new cases, but 80'ish were from Windsor. 20'ish amongst other large areas (Toronto, Peel, etc.). Unless I'm mistaken, the pattern has been the same for a while now. A good majority from Windsor, a spattering from everywhere else. With those types of numbers, the only area with any relevant numbers would be Windsor. Meaning, a spike of 5 new cases in Toronto would cause its percentage to spike large even if it's not really impactful.

As for masks, they may not save our butts directly but they certainly will be a huge help. If everyone wears masks, it will hugely slow down the infection rate. Sure, they don't stop you from getting infected, assuming non-N95 masks, and especially those cloth masks which were just shown to have zero effect on stopping the wearer from getting the virus. But they are very effective in reducing the spread of the virus if the wearer is the one infected.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
No-one has ever said wearing a mask was the cure or solution. Don't make shit up to attack.
Well we can’t eat or drink with it on so what does that tell you for starters. Maybe that just stay isolated is the only true way eh. Would you be right happy going shopping and touching everything you might be interested in without gloves also. It’s basically half a$$ed. I’m just not going out unless i have to thanks. Thats what a survival instinct will tell you. Do what you want. Furthermore there are no temperature checks out anywhere, no readily available sanitizer. I trust nobody with my health on this when there is cost involved or profit to be made. Where are all the other check and balance tools. I won’t be that person out there running around doing whatever i want hanging on a false security of wearing a mask.

Last edited:

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I'm relieved that the local authorities in the GTA and surrounding areas have mandated masks in public indoor places. That in of itself will go a long way towards preventing a second major outbreak. It's also very wise to enforce it while our numbers are in a downward trajectory.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Sorry haven't been really following this thread as I have been avoiding Covid news/talk and have been concentrating (or rather, distracting myself) on the Covid-19 Stocks thread on the General Hockey Discussion board so I apologize if I'm off base here but...

Are we talking Ontario here or in the US? If the US ...well, it's a $hit show and the southern states seem to be on the verge of collapse so who knows what the real numbers are. And all those anti-maskers...well, the education system certainly failed them...

Now, if we are talking Ontario...are cases really rising? I mean, today, we had about 170 new cases, but 80'ish were from Windsor. 20'ish amongst other large areas (Toronto, Peel, etc.). Unless I'm mistaken, the pattern has been the same for a while now. A good majority from Windsor, a spattering from everywhere else. With those types of numbers, the only area with any relevant numbers would be Windsor. Meaning, a spike of 5 new cases in Toronto would cause its percentage to spike large even if it's not really impactful.

As for masks, they may not save our butts directly but they certainly will be a huge help. If everyone wears masks, it will hugely slow down the infection rate. Sure, they don't stop you from getting infected, assuming non-N95 masks, and especially those cloth masks which were just shown to have zero effect on stopping the wearer from getting the virus. But they are very effective in reducing the spread of the virus if the wearer is the one infected.
If some person is out there Infected and wearing a mask it begs the question why, they might be showing no signs, touching everything, lifting their mask for a quick scratch, checking out things touching whatever. Nah no thanks. Mask and gloves maybe is more safe. Not just a mask.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I'm relieved that the local authorities in the GTA and surrounding areas have mandated masks in public indoor places. That in of itself will go a long way towards preventing a second major outbreak. It's also very wise to enforce it while our numbers are in a downward trajectory.

I'm interested to know if that will apply to students at school. If, of course, they are back in the classroom this fall.

Blue Nate

Sep 27, 2017
St Catharines
Well we can’t eat or drink with it on so what does that tell you for starters. Maybe that just stay isolated is the only true way eh. Would you be right happy going shopping and touching everything you might be interested in without gloves also. It’s basically half a$$ed. I’m just not going out unless i have to thanks. Thats what a survival instinct will tell you. Do what you want. Furthermore there are no temperature checks out anywhere, no readily available sanitizer. I trust nobody with my health on this when there is cost involved or profit to be made. Where are all the other check and balance tools. I won’t be that person out there running around doing whatever i want hanging on a false security of wearing a mask.
You seem to be under the impression that mask advocates (can't believe i'm typing that) think the mask gives them immunity. Like I said earlier, no-one on the planet has said masks are the solution or an excuse to ignore already established social distancing measures.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
You seem to be under the impression that mask advocates (can't believe i'm typing that) think the mask gives them immunity. Like I said earlier, no-one on the planet has said masks are the solution or an excuse to ignore already established social distancing measures.
No wrong again. If you think for a minute that this is being reported properly and that it’s all good, then go right ahead. I don’t trust going out and socializing with a mask ok. There are so many checks and balances not initiated that it’s pathetic. It’s not a f***** flu here. You can’t fix stupid and you can’t quarantine it either.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Thats the kind of idiocy thats out there bro. They are out spittin and snottin on everything every day and a mask alone can’t save you from them pollutants. They just spread the sh!t everywhere and on to everything they cone in contact with. They will crowd out the wrong mans family and won’t be able to wear a mask when he’s done with them.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
They don’t give people to gather in large groups either but they gather in large groups. Whatever, go for it.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Did you just compare Covid 19 as a equal to the flu! If you did thats a fatal mistake to view these two equal or put up anti threat towards this covid 19. That could be perceived as minimizing. They are not a comparable.
For kids, only. The flu causes more hospitalizations and death.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
This is beginning to sound like this.

View attachment 353372

:amazed: :laugh: :nod: :amazed: :D :naughty: :amazed:

I was only referring to adults that are protesting against the mandatory use of masks in public indoor places. Kids can't be expected to follow protocols unless they are being advised properly by their parents.

I have a 6 year old and an 8 year old, and I have been very overprotective of them since the pandemic started.

Last edited:
Reactions: Polaris1010

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I was only referring to adults that are protesting against mandatory use of masks in public indoor places. Kids can't be expected to follow protocols unless they are being advised properly by their parents.

I have a 6 year old and an 8 year old, and I have been very overprotective of them since the pandemic started.
My kids wear masks when they go anywhere, but that is only because Eastern Ontario has made it mandatory to wear masks in any place of business because they are afraid of spreading our zero cases around to others.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
I was only referring to adults that are protesting against mandatory use of masks in public indoor places. Kids can't be expected to follow protocols unless they are being advised properly by their parents.

Only a small joke, sir.

The way it is going, we need some dark humour.

Attachments

• 15-5e6f82e1eb537__700.jpg
    15-5e6f82e1eb537__700.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad