Coronavirus discussion thread (no political debates) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
That is insane under the circumstances.
Why do people keep complaining about Florida? Look at the numbers.
Florida: pop 21.4 million Covid Deaths: 4408
NY state: pop 19.4 million Covid deatsh 32,000
With a WAY larger elderly population that NY

Florida is not the problem.

Check out that link of pediatricians talking about kids going back I posted last page.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
You don’t have kids i believe. Apparently kids health isn’t on your radar either eh
The PEDIATRICIANS I linked to do. lirl.
Did you even listen to them?

Do you think locking your kids in the house is beneficial for their health? No risks involved with that either?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nineteen67

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

Check out that link of pediatricians talking about kids going back I posted last page.
Not sure how you can argue that Florida is not a problem...

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

Do you think locking your kids in the house is beneficial for their health? No risks involved with that either?
Who’s locked their kids in the house dude. Go lick some stuff for all i care. Don’t tell me whats best for me or you cross the line.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

You go cherry pick whatever you like. Florida is not the problem?? Comprehension of the threat and lack of a national plan in the states isn’t a problem you perceive either i guess. Go spew this garbage in your click. I don’t want to hear it. Pretty sickening actually. You figure you can come on here and spew whatever you want and not get called out on it think again. Not putting my kids in danger by misinformation might be i idea you gather up right fast.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Florida problems are just starting, they are at the beginning of their problem, NY is at the end of their first cycle. This is only going to get worse for Fla. They are setting one day records that NY never came near, that is only going to elevate those death numbers.

Reactions: Slot

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Kids seem to be more safe vs this virus but the problem is when they are asymptomatic carriers and they bring this home to Mom and Dad and they are not as resistant to this virsu, Mom and Dad get sick and we know how this virus affects adults. BTW 60% of recent cases in Texas are age 40 or younger... that is a problem.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
When making money during a world pandemic is the talking point, the main talking point. I just want to point something out. I don’t care. We need bars and restaurants open to increase the risk do we.
Guess what, there are more failures In life than successes. We don’t need anything open until it’s gone from our lives other than basic needs. We need to stop this thing. Isolation and not gathering in large groups as the main focal point has not and should not change. Divide and conquer finally has meaning that is good for all. Embrace that thought for a minute because it’s very unique and something we can all understand. Thats my take on this thing and i plan on sucking it up and regrouping after we beat this down.

Now back to hockey night in Canada ;)

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Kids seem to be more safe vs this virus but the problem is when they are asymptomatic carriers and they bring this home to Mom and Dad and they are not as resistant to this virsu, Mom and Dad get sick and we know how this virus affects adults. BTW 60% of recent cases in Texas are age 40 or younger... that is a problem.

But pediatricians all over the world are saying that kids rarely transmit the virus to adults. There are numerous studies of contract tracing that support this belief.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I gave you statistics that clearly show there are much bigger issues. Florida has managed this well considering its elderly population. They have 30,000 less deaths than NY with more ppl. Yet peopel talk about Florida all the time. I find it odd.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Florida problems are just starting, they are at the beginning of their problem, NY is at the end of their first cycle. This is only going to get worse for Fla. They are setting one day records that NY never came near, that is only going to elevate those death numbers.
So ignore reality and base your argument on telling the future? Why is Florida seeing a spike do you think?
we're not talking about a couple hundred deaths here. 30,000 more deaths in NYC. Please don't ignore what Cuomo did. He ordered nursing homes to take in covid patients to make room in hospitals. It of course wiped out old people. That's what you should be really upset about. It's a big reason why they have 30,000 more deaths.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013

<70 years old, infection fatality rates ranged from 0.00% to 0.57% with median of 0.05% across the different locations (corrected median of 0.04%)

Worst case scenario you have a 99.43% chance of survival under 70.
99.96% corrected median.

The infection fatality rate of COVID-19 inferred from seroprevalence data

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Interesting times. That said stop comparing Toronto (and Canada) to the US. Canada is the second largest land mass with minimal population density. Toronto is the 3rd largest city between US and Canada but like 50th in terms of pop density. More and more studies show kids don’t pass the disease around.

Reactions: Nineteen67

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019

I guess it depends on how you want to look at stats. Maybe its people looking at recent trends versus something else?

Yesterday:

3 countries in Europe with highest overall deaths

UK 11 deaths
Italy 13
France 25 deaths

Coronavirus deaths in the EU-5 2020 | Statista

Florida 132 deaths

United States Coronavirus: 3,593,859 Cases and 139,755 Deaths - Worldometer

Last edited:

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I guess it depends on how you want to look at stats. Maybe its people looking at recent trends versus something else?

Yesterday:

3 countries in Europe with highest overall deaths

UK 11 deaths
Italy 13
France 25 deaths

Coronavirus deaths in the EU-5 2020 | Statista

Florida 132 deaths

United States Coronavirus: 3,593,859 Cases and 139,755 Deaths - Worldometer
Nobody was talking about Europe. What was NY total yesterday?
Depends on what data you look at? One more time..

30,000 MORE DEATHS IN NY STATE.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I gave you statistics that clearly show there are much bigger issues. Florida has managed this well considering its elderly population. They have 30,000 less deaths than NY with more ppl. Yet peopel talk about Florida all the time. I find it odd.
Florida just had more cases in a 24 hour period than NewYork had in any 24 hour period. They just had a 130 deaths the last 24 hours. It’s a rampant mess of political decisions and incompetence at the severest of results. A death. That governor is the type of person you don’t want making decisions for the betterment

Reactions: Slot

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
And all NY had to do was kill off over 30 thousand people with it's gross mismanagement to get down to that number

If that's an example of doing it right you need some help

So, you decided to remove the comment about a "moron" then?

I never said anything about "doing it right". That's your invention.

Here's what I said initially (post #267) that frames all my subsequent posts: "I guess it depends on how you want to look at stats. Maybe its people looking at recent trends versus something else?"

So, you obviously didn't follow the conversation, but decided to jump in and attack? You should apologize.

Last edited:

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Watching the news and it’s stunning how many selfishly stupid people there are out there. Obtaining a fake medical exemption card in hopes you don’t need to wear a mask when entering a hospital resets the bar.

This is never going to end.

upload_2020-7-15_17-51-54.jpeg

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Do we get tax money back if they keep schools closed? :p
it was explained to me a long time ago that the taxes I pay go towards the education I received, you kids will be paying taxes for their education.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad