Coronavirus discussion thread (no political debates) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
My kids wear masks when they go anywhere, but that is only because Eastern Ontario has made it mandatory to wear masks in any place of business because they are afraid of spreading our zero cases around to others.

I know it seems like overkill, but in all honestly, the best time to be overly vigilant is when our numbers our trending in the right direction. If we were in an upward trend, it would not have the same impact.

It's a very minor inconvenience under the circumstances. I've gotten used to wearing a mask every time I go shopping or run errands, and it's really not a big deal whatsoever.

Last edited:

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
I felt strongly enough about this kids and Covid-19 to log in and rant.

Although I do not have young children, there is no way I would expose them to relatively an unknown virus like SARS-CoV-2 no way.

What are the long term health effects, no one can tell you.

You protect your kids. You do not volunteer them to be a human experiment with an unknown virus.

How does asbestos kills? LIke 5 to 10 to 20 years down the road.

Some diseases kill in the long term in absolute certainty.

We do not know what Covid-19 leaves us with.

Why volunteer your children to something, that only has potentially server downside risks, and virtually no upside.

The schools should remain closed until this pandemic is over.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Although I do not have young children, there is no way I would expose them to relatively an unknown virus like SARS-CoV-2 no way.

You protect your kids. You do not volunteer them to be a human experiment with an unknown virus.

Why volunteer your children to something, that only has potentially server downside risks, and virtually no upside.

I understand the concern, but the long term effects of not going to school and not interacting with other kids has to be considered as well.

Last edited:

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario

So... no cases worldwide? 5 cases? 100?

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
So... no cases worldwide? 5 cases? 100?
R0, pronounced R naught, below 1, perhaps at 0.5 and wait two or three weeks after that.

Contact tracing must be improved, and the government has to be vigilant at that.

Without a vaccine, it is rather clear what the authorities have to do.

There is no argument here. Maybe the authorities in our country won't tell us explicitly, but those are the parameters. It is just math, and the pathology of the disease.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
was checking the worldometer webstie apparently we were showing decling trend for a while yesterday was around 200 or so cases; all of a sudden we have 500 cases today. WTF happened? where is this coming from? anyone know? I cant find any news about it

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
was checking the worldometer webstie apparently we were showing decling trend for a while yesterday was around 200 or so cases; all of a sudden we have 500 cases today. WTF happened? where is this coming from? anyone know? I cant find any news about it
People with Canadian passports are coming to Canada for Summer

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
A lot of provinces like BC and Alberta are not giving updates on the weekend like Quebec and Ontario do. So on Monday you will have 2 days from those provinces instead of just one.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
People with Canadian passports are coming to Canada for Summer

A lot of provinces like BC and Alberta are not giving updates on the weekend like Quebec and Ontario do. So on Monday you will have 2 days from those provinces instead of just one.

Thanks!

I freaked a little because we were just about to move into phase 3.

Hopefully, cases just keep trending down for the rest of the week

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

My older son's private school just notified parents that there will be 3 available options in September - regular attendance, virtual classes, or a hybrid schedule including both.

Unless our numbers are close to zero by then, my wife and I don't feel comfortable sending him to school. I am perfectly content to have him attend classes virtually until the pandemic is over.

Last edited:

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I know it seems like overkill, but in all honestly, the best time to be overly vigilant is when our numbers our trending in the right direction. If we were in an upward trend, it would not have the same impact.

It's a very minor inconvenience under the circumstances. I've gotten used to wearing a mask every time I go shopping or run errands, and it's really not a big deal whatsoever.

You can't take too many precautions, this bug is nasty. Some people have blood clots, kidney failure, strokes, heart attacks, decreased lung function, and on and on and on...

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
Didn't know under which thread to stick this. This one seemed closest ;):
I wonder if the league talked to Marchand about attempting another stupid act like licking a player this year!
Automatic ejection for the rest of the PO I would imagine.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Moderna' COVID-19 Vaccine Trial Shows Strong Immune Responses

Moderna' COVID-19 Vaccine Trial Shows Strong Immune Responses
Awesome! Also, a great new filter for air circulation has been developed that one can put in offices, schools, airplanes, airports etc. (below) Kills 99.8% of airborne Coronavirus.

Everything has a beginning, middle, and end in life. Everything! Avoid doomsday "things will never be the same" scenarios. It does nothing but bring about unnecessary anxiety.

Researchers Create Air Filter Designed to Trap and Kill the Coronavirus - University of Houston

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Watching the news and it’s stunning how many selfishly stupid people there are out there. Obtaining a fake medical exemption card in hopes you don’t need to wear a mask when entering a hospital resets the bar.

This is never going to end.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Watching the news and it’s stunning how many selfishly stupid people there are out there. Obtaining a fake medical exemption card in hopes you don’t need to wear a mask when entering a hospital resets the bar.

This is never going to end.

when enough people get it, it will end.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I can't come to terms with why there's no contagious bio-hazardous material protocol for discarded masks. We just gonna let minimum wage kids taking out bags of biohazard waste? I honestly don't know how sanitation isn't making noise about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad