Coronavirus discussion thread (no political debates) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Are you a freaking robot?

Every life matters... stop end of discussion.

1million out of 60million expected deaths in 2020. When your position is smashed trashed and you're left looking bare... Pull out the virtual virtue signal. Every life matters, right, I like parents to have jobs so they can feed their kids but I am guessing that does not get consideration like it once did. You are sitting here calling me a robot while calling for BINARY measures that could put millions of people at risk including children who will go this winter without heat and food - all while thousands of Doctors support what I am saying. THOUSANDS.

You should start a crusade for the ending of trans fats and candy and pastry. It clogs arteries and causes heart attacks and strokes to the tune far more than this Covid. While you're at it, crusade for the end of smoking and pot smoking because of the lung damage. I would say alcoholism also leads to liver issues so you better stop people from drinking. Driving also kills so many people as well, stop that and also working, stop working because people die relatively often in some fields, especially firefighters and their being prone to cancer.

Germany is already actively protesting. That will spread from here, the data is out and so is the opinions of enough Doctors. No stopping the machine now, it's heavy and rolling.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Exactly. I was a proponent for hiding away the vulnerable off the bat and ending lockdown ASAP once that data was in. The new argument that they were not ready quite just yet at the ripe young age of 75+ on Oxygen after a life of smoking is the funniest of them all, considering around the world, pneumonia and seasonal flu will kill and I am certain in the millions of people in that demographic.

How many people die and how many are born each year?
"The first chart shows the annual number of deaths over the same period.
In 2015 around 55 million people died. The world population therefore increased by 84 million in that year (that is an increase of 1.14%)."

I especially love how CHINA...

tn_ch-flag.gif
China

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
Recovered:

**** Give me a break, it just stopped over there over night ****

I have a guy who works for me that lives in China...he said they think they had at least 20 Million cases during all those lockdowns. He said there is no way they would lock down Bejing over 400 cases that they reported. The funny thing is..either the virus got weaker (that's how they fade out..by getting weaker) or something funny was going on with those videos from china of people collapsing in the street and shaking like epileptic attacks. You never saw any of that happening here in the west.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
There are 6-7 billion of people in the world, 1 million is a rounding error and we lose about half a million people to malaria every single year

But people couldn't give a rats ass because thats happening to people in the developing and 3rd world
We lose over half a million children to diarrhea a year as well. But again it’s not a big deal because their 3rd world children and not rich elderly people.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Are you a freaking robot?

Every life matters... stop end of discussion.

Why didn't they matter last year and the year before that when Influenza was still killing elder people? This is what I don't get...all of a sudden every life matters...THIS YEAR...not any other year..but this year. People get sick..they die..that is part of the whole circle of life.

If I was in that age bracket and they asked me whether or not they should lock down and destroy my grand children's future to potentially save me...I would say no. I bet most of them would say the same.

It's not about money in the greed sense when we talk about the economy..it's literally life and death for all sorts of poor people...including people of color...funny how it doesn't matter whether or not they have a way to support their families to the same liberal white people who were marching in the streets a few months ago claiming they wanted to help them.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
1million out of 60million expected deaths in 2020. When your position is smashed trashed and you're left looking bare... Pull out the virtual virtue signal. Every life matters, right, I like parents to have jobs so they can feed their kids but I am guessing that does not get consideration like it once did. You are sitting here calling me a robot while calling for BINARY measures that could put millions of people at risk including children who will go this winter without heat and food - all while thousands of Doctors support what I am saying. THOUSANDS.

You should start a crusade for the ending of trans fats and candy and pastry. It clogs arteries and causes heart attacks and strokes to the tune far more than this Covid. While you're at it, crusade for the end of smoking and pot smoking because of the lung damage. I would say alcoholism also leads to liver issues so you better stop people from drinking. Driving also kills so many people as well, stop that and also working, stop working because people die relatively often in some fields, especially firefighters and their being prone to cancer.

Germany is already actively protesting. That will spread from here, the data is out and so is the opinions of enough Doctors. No stopping the machine now, it's heavy and rolling.
You were fine until you mentioned driving. Stupid people making stupid decisions while driving are what causes accidents while driving, not driving itself. That's the way I see it at least.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Why didn't they matter last year and the year before that when Influenza was still killing elder people? This is what I don't get...all of a sudden every life matters...THIS YEAR...not any other year..but this year. People get sick..they die..that is part of the whole circle of life.

If I was in that age bracket and they asked me whether or not they should lock down and destroy my grand children's future to potentially save me...I would say no. I bet most of them would say the same.

It's not about money in the greed sense when we talk about the economy..it's literally life and death for all sorts of poor people...including people of color...funny how it doesn't matter whether or not they have a way to support their families to the same liberal white people who were marching in the streets a few months ago claiming they wanted to help them.
The number of people on the planet that will fall into poverty due to government policy is unethical, in my opinion. Perhaps even criminal.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I have, I stand behind every single word and emotional blackmail isn't going to change my opinion or the numbers we are talking about

Dude it's not emotional blackmail... lol.. holly over reaction... you brush aside a million deaths like its a walk through the park. A MILLION DEAD... MILLION!

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

There are preventive methods for the FLU, which is contagious but not as highly contagious or nearly as deadly as Covid-19.

Saying people get sick they die , is like saying people die in car accidents, no need for seatbelts, ABS or air bags... because ya know people die anyway.

Lock down and destroy your grand children's future? Exactly where do you live that there is a total lock down? There is not one single community in Canada that has been in total lock down. Zero , Zip, Nada.

What do liberal white people have to do with anything, why is race all a sudden a factor in your mind? In Canada we had the CERB now the CEB, the government is supplying money to support every one (up to 500 per week), last time I checked it was not exclusive to white people.

You got a lot of boogie men you seem to be fighting and not one single on of them is real. your fighting a battle against ghosts of your imagination.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Go without heat and food? The Canadian government is offering $500 per week per person (CEB), why are they going without heat and Food?

Wearing a mask, socially distancing/isolating and observing good hygiene, like wiping off parcels/groceries and properly washing your hands is binary... ? Did you invent a new meaning for the word "binary"?

So you accuse me of being binary, then you go into a binary rant about either you protect everyone or no one, BRAVO!!! (slow hand clap) ... SIGH!

So to what end, why is every government intentionally crashing their economies using Covid-19 as a ruse? Enlighten me please.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Quick google search shows a ballpark of 3 million active physicians between North America. "THOUSANDS" on a petition isn't quite so impressive in that context.

This thread:
dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Go without heat and food? The Canadian government is offering $500 per week per person (CEB), why are they going without heat and Food?

Wearing a mask, socially distancing/isolating and observing good hygiene, like wiping off parcels/groceries and properly washing your hands is binary... ? Did you invent a new meaning for the word "binary"?

So you accuse me of being binary, then you go into a binary rant about either you protect everyone or no one, BRAVO!!! (slow hand clap) ... SIGH!

So to what end, why is every government intentionally crashing their economies using Covid-19 as a ruse? Enlighten me please.

Ah yes, the $500 from the taxes I pay in Canada... will surely help those in all the Nations that can't even afford to do that. I can't wait to see all the wealth redistribution schemes that will follow to pay for it. I find it funny, it's like you are using limited scope when it suits you, or even gross generalizations, if not just completely ignoring questions when asked of you. I don't really want to get into a middle school style debate where you are name calling and using "emotional blackmail" to settle points. I am sure that sort of thing works on those that aren't swift enough to catch and call it out, but, the appeals appear to be falling flat here.

People like their lifestyle in Canada. They work hard for it and are smart enough to read into the numbers. They know, and most anyone with any net worth wants to keep what they have worked for, not be taxed so that people can "work" from home or be lazy. Scientists with compelling data do not want to see Lockdowns, period. It doesn't make sense considering the numbers. They told us up to 10% of us would die, it was less than 1%, they lost credibility. NO CREDIBILITY LEFT. None.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
There are preventive methods for the FLU, which is contagious but not as highly contagious or nearly as deadly as Covid-19.

Saying people get sick they die , is like saying people die in car accidents, no need for seatbelts, ABS or air bags... because ya know people die anyway.

Lock down and destroy your grand children's future? Exactly where do you live that there is a total lock down? There is not one single community in Canada that has been in total lock down. Zero , Zip, Nada.

What do liberal white people have to do with anything, why is race all a sudden a factor in your mind? In Canada we had the CERB now the CEB, the government is supplying money to support every one (up to 500 per week), last time I checked it was not exclusive to white people.

You got a lot of boogie men you seem to be fighting and not one single on of them is real. your fighting a battle against ghosts of your imagination.

Do you realize that the Government of Canada is expecting a deficit of over $330 Billion. They ran a deficit of $148.6 Billion in just the first four months of the Pandy.

Just an FYI to people here.
Around 8,500 people die every year due to pneumonia and the flu, another 12,000 people die of chronic pulmonary disease. That’s over 20,000 people in Canada every year dying of lower respiratory illnesses.

We should not do what we did this year again. Full lockdown, partial lockdown. It was a mistake.
Covid will either be a virus we can build immunity to or one where we don’t. If it turns out that covid will reinfect people like the flu then a lockdown is pointless.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Do you realize that the Government of Canada is expecting a deficit of over $330 Billion. They ran a deficit of $148.6 Billion in just the first four months of the Pandy.

Around 8,500 people die every year due to pneumonia and the flu, another 12,000 people die of chronic pulmonary disease. That’s over 20,000 people in Canada every year dying of lower respiratory illnesses.

We should not do what we did this year again. Full lockdown, partial lockdown. It was a mistake.
Covid will either be a virus we can build immunity to or one where we don’t. If it turns out that covid will reinfect people like the flu then a lockdown is pointless.

It was beyond a mistake. There should be investigations, inquiries, audits and likely charges and lawsuits over this whole thing. People are not pleased to say the least.

Reactions: Fred Sheeran

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Ah yes, the $500 from the taxes I pay in Canada... will surely help those in all the Nations that can't even afford to do that. I can't wait to see all the wealth redistribution schemes that will follow to pay for it. I find it funny, it's like you are using limited scope when it suits you, or even gross generalizations, if not just completely ignoring questions when asked of you. I don't really want to get into a middle school style debate where you are name calling and using "emotional blackmail" to settle points. I am sure that sort of thing works on those that aren't swift enough to catch and call it out, but, the appeals appear to be falling flat here.

People like their lifestyle in Canada. They work hard for it and are smart enough to read into the numbers. They know, and most anyone with any net worth wants to keep what they have worked for, not be taxed so that people can "work" from home or be lazy. Scientists with compelling data do not want to see Lockdowns, period. It doesn't make sense considering the numbers. They told us up to 10% of us would die, it was less than 1%, they lost credibility. NO CREDIBILITY LEFT. None.

You still have not answered my simplest of questions ... Why? You clearly believe this is a global ruse, why the global conspiracy to be economically irresponsible?

My scope is the 2nd largest country by land mass in the world, I'd hardly call that limited. If you don't live in Canada and your government is not responding in the way you feel is responsible, either vote that person out or be the change you want to see in this world.

Projections are just that, projections, guide post to understand what you are working with. they are not predictions, they are projections, there is a difference and if you don't live in the world where you work in the future , you mighty have a hard time understanding the difference.

There is no emotional blackmail, I'm human, many things guide my decision making process, emotions would be one. When doing things as simple as wearing a mask and diligent hygiene are asked of me, I'm not put out by that request. When social distancing is asked of me, going to places where there are a lot of people, I change my schedule , like I use to grocery shop in the afternoon on Saturdays, I now go at 7:30am in the morning on Mondays, Yes its a pain in the ass but I do it because it benefits my community and family. I despise wearing a mask but its a small ask to protects others from me. I really don't like missing out on social events, drinking with my buddies but what I would hate more is if I passed on the virus to one of my friends and they died from it. The chances are so small that would ever happen but any % above 0 is too high for me.

So I ask you again, why? Why the global conspiracy?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I have a guy who works for me that lives in China...he said they think they had at least 20 Million cases during all those lockdowns. He said there is no way they would lock down Bejing over 400 cases that they reported. The funny thing is..either the virus got weaker (that's how they fade out..by getting weaker) or something funny was going on with those videos from china of people collapsing in the street and shaking like epileptic attacks. You never saw any of that happening here in the west.
I have a guy who lives in Shanghai who works for me too with our suppliers as last few years I did not want to keep making that trip. People are back at work although temp checks are required when leaving his building and when entering most work places. Also they almost all wear face masks although it is not required except on public transit . Our factories are all working and all shipping orders are on schedule. He thinks more people are getting COVID19 then regime reports but there are not people scared to go out anymore. His friend in his 60s got it and his doc treated him with zinc and hydrochlor..... (da stuff Trump endorsed) which is common over there now. A week later and he was symptom free. Common belief over there is da virus has gotten much weaker and is not killing off as many people.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Maybe do your research before you start to spread factually incorrect numbers.

In a CBC interview a few weeks ago an editor of the Canadian Medical Association Journal said: "Four thousand to 8,000 people die every year of influenza."

It comes directly from the desk of Canada's chief public health officer. "The flu is serious," he tells us from his website. "Every year, between 2,000 and 8,000 Canadians die of the flu and its complications."

Did you ever wonder how they know that? The fact is, they don't know that. "This is a scientific guess. This is not the truth," Dr. Michael Gardam, director of the infection prevention and control unit at the University Health Network in Toronto and a longtime flu watcher, told me.

The fact is, no one knows how many people die after being infected with the flu virus. The death estimates are not based on body counts, lab tests or autopsies.

"I think people may have the misconception that every person who dies from the flu is somehow counted somewhere, and they're not," Gardam said.

The "2,000 to 8,000" numbers are based on computer models — a statistical guess that comes out of the end of a mathematical formula that makes a range of assumptions about death and flu.

"They're tossing it into a big computer and they're churning out estimates," Gardam said as he scribbled numbers on a white board to show me how the models work.

One model counts all respiratory and circulatory deaths — that's death from heart and lung failure — as flu deaths.

"As an upper limit, they are looking at everybody who died of a heart and lung problem," Gardam said.

"So you could imagine this could include people who died of a heart attack that had nothing to do with flu, but the feeling is that anybody who died of flu should be captured in there, plus a lot of other people."

At the lower end of that model they count the number of deaths officially listed as "influenza" on the death certificate, plus all deaths from pneumonia — even though not all pneumonia is caused by flu.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
You still have not answered my simplest of questions ... Why? You clearly believe this is a global ruse, why the global conspiracy to be economically irresponsible?

My scope is the 2nd largest country by land mass in the world, I'd hardly call that limited. If you don't live in Canada and your government is not responding in the way you feel is responsible, either vote that person out or be the change you want to see in this world.

Projections are just that, projections, guide post to understand what you are working with. they are not predictions, they are projections, there is a difference and if you don't live in the world where you work in the future , you mighty have a hard time understanding the difference.

There is no emotional blackmail, I'm human, many things guide my decision making process, emotions would be one. When doing things as simple as wearing a mask and diligent hygiene are asked of me, I'm not put out by that request. When social distancing is asked of me, going to places where there are a lot of people, I change my schedule , like I use to grocery shop in the afternoon on Saturdays, I now go at 7:30am in the morning on Mondays, Yes its a pain in the ass but I do it because it benefits my community and family. I despise wearing a mask but its a small ask to protects others from me. I really don't like missing out on social events, drinking with my buddies but what I would hate more is if I passed on the virus to one of my friends and they died from it. The chances are so small that would ever happen but any % above 0 is too high for me.

So I ask you again, why? Why the global conspiracy?

Why do you keep superimposing things that I have not said? Show me once where I said this was a global ruse, conspiracy or anything similar? You can't because I didn't say it. I said investigate.

Projections? If they had any brains they would not have been so grossly incompetent and got it so wrong. 10% Mortality vs .05% for those over the age of 70???? Really? Their credibility is lost, the WHO just admitted Trump was right in resisting Lockdowns and JT is saying in this thread that Hydroxy and Zinc is the common treatment in China. Why is China hiding Covid Data? There are a lot of questions and things to investigate for certain.

I would love to see where that 330 Billion went too. I want the audit to be thorough and every last dime accounted for before the end the year TBH.

Craig Button

Jul 28, 2015

In a CBC interview a few weeks ago an editor of the Canadian Medical Association Journal said: "Four thousand to 8,000 people die every year of influenza."

It comes directly from the desk of Canada's chief public health officer. "The flu is serious," he tells us from his website. "Every year, between 2,000 and 8,000 Canadians die of the flu and its complications."

Did you ever wonder how they know that? The fact is, they don't know that. "This is a scientific guess. This is not the truth," Dr. Michael Gardam, director of the infection prevention and control unit at the University Health Network in Toronto and a longtime flu watcher, told me.

The fact is, no one knows how many people die after being infected with the flu virus. The death estimates are not based on body counts, lab tests or autopsies.

"I think people may have the misconception that every person who dies from the flu is somehow counted somewhere, and they're not," Gardam said.

The "2,000 to 8,000" numbers are based on computer models — a statistical guess that comes out of the end of a mathematical formula that makes a range of assumptions about death and flu.

"They're tossing it into a big computer and they're churning out estimates," Gardam said as he scribbled numbers on a white board to show me how the models work.

One model counts all respiratory and circulatory deaths — that's death from heart and lung failure — as flu deaths.

"As an upper limit, they are looking at everybody who died of a heart and lung problem," Gardam said.

"So you could imagine this could include people who died of a heart attack that had nothing to do with flu, but the feeling is that anybody who died of flu should be captured in there, plus a lot of other people."

At the lower end of that model they count the number of deaths officially listed as "influenza" on the death certificate, plus all deaths from pneumonia — even though not all pneumonia is caused by flu.

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1/en/tv.action?pid=1310039401

over 8500 people died in 2018.
Thank you very much.

8,511 died of flu/pneumonia
12,998 died of COPD

total

21,509 people died of lower respiratory illnesses.

sorry that you didn’t understand when I said around 8,500 I was just rounding and when I said around 12000 I was just rounding it again. I did it again when I said around 20,000.

But you’re right.
Some people need that actual figure of the number of people that died.

SO AGAIN,
8,511 flu/pneumonia
12,998 COPD.

Total 21,509 lower respiratory illnesses.

now just an FYI

I have COPD.
I have a much greater risk of dying from covid.
I get pneumonia multiple times a year and i suffer from chronic bronchitis. When I get the flu. My nose gets stuffed then my chronic lung illness turns to a bacterial infection and my risk of dying goes up.

I know a lot about lower respiratory illnesses.

sorry that people that have zero knowledge of the issue are easily manipulated by the media and politicians.

best of luck

Craig Button

Jul 28, 2015

lol.

ditto my child.
Ditto

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
God forbid this generation would have to go thru what the "Greatest Generation" did during the Second World War, staying at home and whining wouldn't cut it.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Leading causes of death, total population, by age group

over 8500 people died in 2018.
Thank you very much.

8,511 died of flu/pneumonia
12,998 died of COPD

total

21,509 people died of lower respiratory illnesses.

sorry that you didn’t understand when I said around 8,500 I was just rounding and when I said around 12000 I was just rounding it again. I did it again when I said around 20,000.

But you’re right.
Some people need that actual figure of the number of people that died.

SO AGAIN,
8,511 flu/pneumonia
12,998 COPD.

Total 21,509 lower respiratory illnesses.

now just an FYI

I have COPD.
I have a much greater risk of dying from covid.
I get pneumonia multiple times a year and i suffer from chronic bronchitis. When I get the flu. My nose gets stuffed then my chronic lung illness turns to a bacterial infection and my risk of dying goes up.

I know a lot about lower respiratory illnesses.

sorry that people that have zero knowledge of the issue are easily manipulated by the media and politicians.

best of luck

Thank you, I also have been throwing raw numbers at the stats deniers. It doesn't seem to be going over very well as you can read past that you instantly become things like a "Robot" or "Conspiracy Theorist". I battled an unknown respiratory issue a decade or so ago, around the time of SARS. I made it in the end but it did a number on me for sure. Life is full of risks and uncertainty, we do what we can do until the time comes that we can not or will not.

Cheers to you for pushing through life's challenges with courage. With your condition you could just as easily called for the easy path to be provided for you. Respect.

Reactions: Fred Sheeran

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Why do you keep superimposing things that I have not said? Show me once where I said this was a global ruse, conspiracy or anything similar? You can't because I didn't say it. I said investigate.

Projections? If they had any brains they would not have been so grossly incompetent and got it so wrong. 10% Mortality vs .05% for those over the age of 70???? Really? Their credibility is lost, the WHO just admitted Trump was right in resisting Lockdowns and JT is saying in this thread that Hydroxy and Zinc is the common treatment in China. Why is China hiding Covid Data? There are a lot of questions and things to investigate for certain.

I would love to see where that 330 Billion went too. I want the audit to be thorough and every last dime accounted for before the end the year TBH.

If your suggesting there needs to be an investigation, your suggesting something nefarious is going on or are you suggesting everything is begin done correctly so we must investigate? Which would be odd because if every thing is cool there is no need to investigate.

Your words are suggesting you feel that there is a massive unnecessary over reaction. That would suggest that the Dr's and Scientist are either massively incompetent sheep or working towards a common goal to trick the world into an economic collapse? That is a global conspiracy, no?

10% was based on what criteria? Did governments adjust their plans, I have see living documents where the projected mortality rate is adjusted as counties adapt their mitigation efforts, not unusual TBH.

I think you are too eager to look for things that confirm your bias. China is hiding data so bad China, China is treating their people a certain way so good China... there are literally multiple studies that have concluded Hydrox is not an effective treatment and may be actually harmful.

I respect your thirst for information but you are not going about it in an unbiased matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad