Coronavirus discussion thread (no political debates) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
Well apparently your also the only person in the world to contract pneumonia multiple times every year, that's a big steaming pile of BS
No! I am not the only person in the world to contact pneumonia multiple times a year.
My god, there is no way you have COPD.
You can not have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and be this ignorant.
Have you seriously not heard of recurrent pneumonia or chronic pneumonia.

Go bug a friend,
you're 100% clueless

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
The data is clear. The virus is what it is and the mortality rate shows it is not warranted to do these measures period. Enough countries around the world that are using treatment options are not seeing drastic mortality. Doctors all around the world do not like Lockdowns. This only signals that the GOV will be coming for the upper middle classes wealth to cover all this. Inheritance taxes, increased property taxes, taxes on taxes on taxes on taxes to pay for this BS.
You're right about that ole remedial. These clowns are so afraid of looking stupid for doing the first lockdown now that they are just double downing on the insanity. I'm tired of this work from home crap too, all of my employees are mid 20s/early 30s and they are maybe a quarter as productive at home versus the office.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
No! I am not the only person in the world to contact pneumonia multiple times a year.
My god, there is no way you have COPD.
You can not have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and be this ignorant.
Have you seriously not heard of recurrent pneumonia or chronic pneumonia.

Go bug a friend,
you're 100% clueless

Cool, I'll tell my Doctor some BS-ing Yahoo on HF has cured me of my COPD. You are so full of BS I can smell you through my PC.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Everyone here can read that you seem to be incapable of engaging in fair debate. I said warrant investigation and you trying to get me to implicate someone or an entity. The point is, data does not warrant measures therefore there should be an investigation into the matter. That is the end of it.

I am unsure on the criteria for John Hopkins data. There may be a discrepancy with co-moribidity factors. Regardless, the CDC data is the ultimate and final data. Hopkins is a lesser entity in the hierarchy. 35.75 per 100,000 still does not warrant the measures taken anyways. I would still want an investigation as initially they were saying it could be from 10,000 in 100,000 could perish.

Again you want an investigation of WHAT? Who are you investigating? If I told you I want you to paint a house in a city somewhere in Canada, a specific color but I don't tell you which color? I will pay you an amount but I won't tell you how much... would you not want more detail? Who? What? Where? Why? How?

Simple questions you continue to avoid answering. If you can't (refuse to) answer those questions, you look more like internets version of the guy with no pants that has a the world is ending sign. I'm simply trying to figure our if you are genius or a fool.

lipstickjunkie

Jan 5, 2017
Again you want an investigation of WHAT? Who are you investigating? If I told you I want you to paint a house in a city somewhere in Canada, a specific color but I don't tell you which color? I will pay you an amount but I won't tell you how much... would you not want more detail? Who? What? Where? Why? How?

Simple questions you continue to avoid answering. If you can't (refuse to) answer those questions, you look more like internets version of the guy with no pants that has a the world is ending sign. I'm simply trying to figure our if you are genius or a fool.

You really haven't figured that out yet?

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
Cool, I'll tell my Doctor some BS-ing Yahoo on HF has cured me of my COPD. You are so full of BS I can smell you through my PC.

Again,
Go bug a friend.
I suggest you talk to your doctor about lower respiratory illnesses because the cluelessness that you have displayed here the last couple of days is concerning.

If you do indeed have COPD I would suggest learning more about it.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Again,
Go bug a friend.
I suggest you talk to your doctor about lower respiratory illnesses because the cluelessness that you have displayed here the last couple of days is concerning.

If you do indeed have COPD I would suggest learning more about it.

Bullllllssssssshhhhhhhiiiiii.......

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
We had 11 people in ICU in late August in Ontario and now we are at 64 today and trend is rising fast. It will be a couple weeks before numbers start to drop again with new measures put into affect assuming schools and churches don't give us new outbreaks. Stay safe folks. 10 of recent deaths were between ages of 30 and 60. The real issue is no one is dying recently under 30. and 2,500 out of 3,000 deaths are people over age of 70. So it is real simple will the under 30 crowd who think this is a joke OR simply nothing more than a little cold comply with these measures. My guess is they won't. And we will be relying on a vaccine in next 3 months to curb this.

Reactions: mclaren55

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
For someone who shames others, and calls people "robots" and insensitive, you're being rather insensitive to that poster. Just stop.

No. I don't take kindly to people who lie.

When someone claims he has COPD and has pneumonia multiple times each year, over a period of years, that is pile of BS. Someone who claims to have had at last 4 cases of pneumonia would have most likely had one or some of these side effects:
Bacteremia, Septic Shock, Lung Abscesses, Pleural Effusions, Empyema, Pleurisy, Respiratory Failure, Kidney Failure, Heart Failure.
For someone to have his/her body under that much constant stress/strain/ risk of complications, and still be on this side of terra nova, c'mon now someone is telling us a fairy tale.

Then he tells me I don't have COPD because I refuse a puffer, I have a high tolerance for pain and discomfort. I'd rather go through 4 months of a constant cough than put bronchodilators and/or steroids in my lungs to try and shorten the duration of the persistent cough. I know what my Dr has told me, I'm not claiming to be some medical marvel. I have COPD which millions of Canadians do. Where as Superman ...Moo...

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Indeed!

Deaths
19 and under 0.0%
20-39 0.0%
40-59 0.7%
60-79 8.4%
80 and over 30.9%

b-b-but the over 80 people....that's what they will say when you show them the facts. It's all so tiresome...people refuse and I mean REFUSE to think for themselves even a little teeny weeny bit anymore. If Fatso Rosemary Barton said it...it must be true!!...that's all the majority of people do now. I am really starting to think that civilization is starting to crumble. We can't even discuss things anymore. The minute you have a different opinion to what the media says..you are a denier...not a questioner..but a DENIER. Let that sink in.

Reactions: The Spring Samauri

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
I think the doctors and politicians making the decisions to close other peoples business and livelihood should also have to lose their paycheck. I bet they'd quickly find other ways around a lockdown.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
We had 11 people in ICU in late August in Ontario and now we are at 64 today and trend is rising fast. It will be a couple weeks before numbers start to drop again with new measures put into affect assuming schools and churches don't give us new outbreaks. Stay safe folks. 10 of recent deaths were between ages of 30 and 60. The real issue is no one is dying recently under 30. and 2,500 out of 3,000 deaths are people over age of 70. So it is real simple will the under 30 crowd who think this is a joke OR simply nothing more than a little cold comply with these measures. My guess is they won't. And we will be relying on a vaccine in next 3 months to curb this.

64 people in ICU from the population of Ontario, which is 14.5M

10 people between the ages of 30-60 died "recently" from a population of 14.5M

Are you kidding me, We're going to screw with society and people's economic livelihoods whilst running up massive amounts of debt because of that?

This is lunacy, out and out lunacy

Reactions: Fred Sheeran

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
There are so many places of employment that have rules where if you even have a runny nose or a family member does to stay home. Paid vacation basically which can’t last long. I have allergies I sneeze all the time. I could be on a paid vacation for the foreseeable future. Which is ridiculous. But I know lotsa folks who are doing just that. We are gonna hit a huge wall economically if this continues.

Reactions: Fred Sheeran

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
b-b-but the over 80 people....that's what they will say when you show them the facts. It's all so tiresome...people refuse and I mean REFUSE to think for themselves even a little teeny weeny bit anymore. If Fatso Rosemary Barton said it...it must be true!!...that's all the majority of people do now. I am really starting to think that civilization is starting to crumble. We can't even discuss things anymore. The minute you have a different opinion to what the media says..you are a denier...not a questioner..but a DENIER. Let that sink in.

This is simply not true. There are scientists, and experts who have chosen different sides of this issue, just like every issue.

It's lazy and boring to say people JUST listen to the media because it doesn't line up with your personal opinion.

So what if people have a compassion first attitude towards the elderly. That is their choice, just as it is yours to look at if from another perspective.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Those facts mapped onto the Ontario population with a projected infection rate of 70% to hit herd immunity translate into ~19k deaths in the 40 to 59 age group and ~170k in the 60-79.
If you include the asymptomatic that won’t be tested , those that have already had it and didn’t know it and those that have natural immunity you probably won’t have those same death numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad