Coronavirus discussion thread (no political debates) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
He isn't wrong...have your kids do other things for exercise. Teach them new hobbies....from the sounds of it you're aren't doing a good job at trying to help mitigate the affects COVID has had on your kids mental health (if you dont got kids, my apologies, I just distinctly remember you saying you did)
My kid is playing ball and has for several months and has three more tournaments this fall.

Why do other things when they could just play hockey? I know if I was 8 and my parents told me I couldn’t play hockey I’d be very upset.
Can they play hockey in Hamilton? Kingston?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Covid19 vs. Common Flu (2018/2019) (CDC)
Survival rate.

0-19 years: 99.998% CV
0-17 years: 99.996%

20-49 years: 99.98% CV
18-49 years: 99.98%

50-69 years: 99.50% CV
50-64 years: 99.94%

70+ years: 94.60% CV
65+ years: 94.17%

Common flu is more deadly to elderly.

Last edited:
Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Survival rate.

The thing is, even if people wanted to argue with these numbers, let's say flu is half as deadly or a tenth as deadly, shouldn't we have spent half as much or a tenth as much over the flu in the past or even now? We've NEVER done anything like this before over any disease or affliction that could be prevented with lockdowns or other authoritarian measures. What's so special about covid in this regard? What are you going to tell the next little girl that needs life saving medication not covered by OHIP because it's "too expensive" now that you've quite literally spent millions of dollars per person to save people in their 80s and 90s?

I personally know 2 people that died of fentenyl overdose and another that I'm pretty sure died of the same. And I mean people I actually knew well. I still don't know a single person who has been confirmed to have contracted covid.

People need to wake up, this is insane at this point.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Survival rate.

Hey everyone, we're closing down the entire country for a virus that won't kill even 1% of us

Even a 3-year old would say so why are we closing everything down then?

but... no questions asked. Just comply.

even the math and statstic experts here can simply look at that math... less than 1% will succumb to this, yet we close it all down and go to these extreme measures.

Forget the virus, forget the fear... look at the numbers.

Less than 1% fatality... so close it all down. Really??

If it was 10% fatality.. then yeah ok... maybe.

25% fatality or more? For sure. Close it all down.

50% ? Stay inside for a year or two... no problem.

But less than 1% ???

They're TELLING us right to our faces that this is not going to affect 99% of us but then are telling us to all slap on this mask!!!!!!

Does that not cause even the most obedient and compliant citizen to at least take a closer look at what's going on here ??

Some people wouldn't see an elephant if t was right under their nose

Last edited:
Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
It's sad that we are protecting our children.. WOW... that is quite a color blind statement ....

Those kids are more likely to die in a car accident going to sports than from COVID, do you want to ban them from motor vehicles to?

Some kids have adverse reactions to vaccines as well, want to stop them to?

He isn't wrong...have your kids do other things for exercise. Teach them new hobbies....from the sounds of it you're aren't doing a good job at trying to help mitigate the affects COVID has had on your kids mental health (if you dont got kids, my apologies, I just distinctly remember you saying you did)

You realize what we're doing to these kids is completely unnatural right?

Those are formative years and we've spent the last 6 months making normal social interaction seem frightening and dangerous for a group of people who are at almost no risk from the virus, young people already commit suicide at far higher rates than they used to and we are adding more mental anxiety onto it

Then we load debt into them that they will be paying off for the rest of there lives because we've voluntarily harmed our economies with these perpetual temporary lockdowns

In any other context you would call this child abuse

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Those kids are more likely to die in a car accident going to sports than from COVID, do you want to ban them from motor vehicles to?

Some kids have adverse reactions to vaccines as well, want to stop them to?

You realize what we're doing to these kids is completely unnatural right?

Those are formative years and we've spent the last 6 months making normal social interaction seem frightening and dangerous for a group of people who are at almost no risk from the virus, young people already commit suicide at far higher rates than they used to and we are adding more mental anxiety onto it

Then we load debt into them that they will be paying off for the rest of there lives because we've voluntarily harmed our economies with these perpetual temporary lockdowns

In any other context you would call this child abuse

More people have died in Canada from Covid this year than car accidents.

Normal social interactions? With the invention of the smart phone, there is no such thing as normal social interactions anymore. If you have kids watch the next time they get together, the second they are bored or uncomfortable, which is usually in the first 60 seconds of meeting another human, out comes the idiot box and type, type, type, surf , surf, surf... there is a reason why this generation suicide rate is higher than previous generations... they don't have coping or social skills.

We've been loading debt onto the next generation since WW1, every gov't say we will balance the budget and the almost never do.

Reactions: Metroid and hoglund

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
More people have died in Canada from Covid this year than car accidents.

Normal social interactions? With the invention of the smart phone, there is no such thing as normal social interactions anymore. If you have kids watch the next time they get together, the second they are bored or uncomfortable, which is usually in the first 60 seconds of meeting another human, out comes the idiot box and type, type, type, surf , surf, surf... there is a reason why this generation suicide rate is higher than previous generations... they don't have coping or social skills.

We've been loading debt onto the next generation since WW1, every gov't say we will balance the budget and the almost never do.
I don't know where some people get their stats. I've heard some say that more people die from car accidents than covid 19, the fact is in round numbers 2000 in Canada have died this year in car accidents and 10,000 have died from covid 19.

Reactions: Bluelines

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
I don't know where some people get their stats. I've heard some say that more people die from car accidents than covid 19, the fact is in round numbers 2000 in Canada have died this year in car accidents and 10,000 have died from covid 19.
I think it's more about odds. Say you're 40.....the chances you will die in a car wreck going to work are much higher than your chances of contracting and dying from Covid from work exposure.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Hey everyone, we're closing down the entire country for a virus that won't kill even 1% of us

even the math and statstic experts here can simply look at that math... less than 1% will succumb to this, yet we close it all down and go to these extreme measures.

But less than 1% ???

They're TELLING us right to our faces that this is not going to affect 99% of us but then are telling us to all slap on this mask!!!!!!

Does that not cause even the most obedient and compliant citizen to at least take a closer look at what's going on here ??

So, what do you think is going on here?

No one in the world had dealt with an infectious, airbourne virus that killed 1% of those infected. Even if that 1% is driven up by those over 70. On top of that, they had no known vaccine or antibodies to fight it initially.

I just am having a hard time grasping this international scandel, where al the worlds governments,, scientists, doctors got together and decided to sink the world economy.

I am aa cynical as they come, but this obedient, complience arguement doesn't make sense. They already had the world by the short hairs by crippling us with debt, and a false sense of security.

Big business already owned the world. Unless it was a ploy to cull the so called weak in some sort of eugenics ploy, again I ask in all seriousness what you think is going on

Reactions: 666

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Good news is vaccine is very close now. Another month or two and we will start distributing doses to health care workers and elderly by year end. Even Fauci knows Pfizer is very close. No one funds ramp up of 100M doses last month in Mcpherson Kansas for delivery in by end of year unless they know. It is hundreds of millions to setup that production line. Over 30,000 people have got 2nd dose in US and rumour is none of participants have got COVID19. Folks we are close.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Good news is vaccine is very close now. Another month or two and we will start distributing doses to health care workers and elderly by year end. Even Fauci knows Pfizer is very close. No one funds ramp up of 100M doses last month in Mcpherson Kansas for delivery in by end of year unless they know. It is hundreds of millions to setup that production line. Over 30,000 people have got 2nd dose in US and rumour is none of participants have got COVID19. Folks we are close.
Another month or two? I'm not buying that.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

You need to stop listening to that idiot down south. It will not be avail in mass dose till mid 2021.

Pfizer has said that it expects to have data from its ongoing late-stage test by October that could show whether the vaccine is safe and effective. In his letter to employees, Bourla wrote that the company hopes to have “a hundred million doses delivered by the end of the year.”

Those doses could not be distributed until the Food and Drug Administration reviews Pfizer’s data and decides whether to issue what’s called an emergency use authorization. That would allow distribution of the vaccine on a limited basis, with initial shots expected to go to medical and other frontline workers, nursing homes and people most at risk of catching or becoming seriously ill from the virus.

Moderna’s chief executive, Stéphane Bancel, told the UK’s Financial Times on Wednesday that Moderna would not be ready to seek emergency use authorization from the FDA for its vaccine candidate before Nov. 25 at the earliest.
Johnson & Johnson just started the late-stage and final patient study of its vaccine last week.

Covid vaccine trial 'moving at the speed of science,' not political pressure, Pfizer CEO says

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Lifetime odds of dying in a car crash - 1 in 106. USA, 2018.

Obviously, we can't do the lifetime odds for Covid, but can a numbers freak break down the odds of dying by Covid at age 40 vs car wreck given the data we have?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
You need to stop listening to that idiot down south. It will not be avail in mass dose till mid 2021.

Pfizer has said that it expects to have data from its ongoing late-stage test by October that could show whether the vaccine is safe and effective. In his letter to employees, Bourla wrote that the company hopes to have “a hundred million doses delivered by the end of the year.”

Those doses could not be distributed until the Food and Drug Administration reviews Pfizer’s data and decides whether to issue what’s called an emergency use authorization. That would allow distribution of the vaccine on a limited basis, with initial shots expected to go to medical and other frontline workers, nursing homes and people most at risk of catching or becoming seriously ill from the virus.

Moderna’s chief executive, Stéphane Bancel, told the UK’s Financial Times on Wednesday that Moderna would not be ready to seek emergency use authorization from the FDA for its vaccine candidate before Nov. 25 at the earliest.
Johnson & Johnson just started the late-stage and final patient study of its vaccine last week.

Covid vaccine trial 'moving at the speed of science,' not political pressure, Pfizer CEO says
We are not going to wait for the entire 6 month cool off period after last test protocol in phase 3 for safety purposes. It did not occur for Ebola in Africa and it will not be for COVID19 either. It has nothing to do with Trump. Once it is confirmed that there are no deaths and no new COVID19 infections on over 30,000 people who took his new vaccine then it will be approved. Big PUBLIC traded companies do not prefund the buildup of 100M doses at at existing lab plant unless they know. These 100M doses are in production today in Kansas. They will apparently be ready for delivery by year end. Buy Pfizer stock. Should go from 35 to 50 in next month easy.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Another month or two? I'm not buying that.
Hard to know what will happen on FDA approval side ... or Fauci NIH involvement ... or even what Trump will do except he will likely announce at one of next 2 debates ... but Pfizer is full steam ahead producing 100M doses today ... Pfizer has said they will hear back from FDA by end of October at latest ... and their website says they expect vaccine by end of 2020

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

But less than 1% ???

I have researched this thing ad nauseum since the start. The data is published, it's all there for everyone to read and draw their own conclusions from. The Doctors I have listened to via webinars lead me to buy the following products for my parents mostly. BTW - The numbers don't really instill fear in me at all.

Not medical advice, consult your physician

Quercetin
Zinc
Vit D ~ C
NAC

Swiss Protocol for COVID — Quercetin and Zinc - Editorials 360
https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_pub...nal_medicine/Marik-Covid-Protocol-Summary.pdf
Covid-19: Chloroquine, Zinc and Quercetin
Quercetin and Vitamin C: Synergistic Therapy for Covid19 - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

It also appears staying alkaline and having a good amount of potassium in your system is beneficial.

Last edited:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Will they have to create new divisions, for the 2020/21 year, to limit cross border travel, and Bubbles?

You play within your division for the full season? It's been a weird year, so expect the unexpected.

Atlantic - Bruins, Lightning, Panthers, Sabres, Red Wings, Blues, Predators, Hawks

Metro - Capitals, Flyers, Penguins, Hurricanes, Bluejackets, Islanders, Rangers, Devils

Pacific - Vegas, Avalanche, Stars, Coyotes, Ducks, Kings, Sharks, Wild

Canuckistan - Leafs, Habs, Senators, Jets, Oilers, Flames, Canucks.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
So, what do you think is going on here?

No one in the world had dealt with an infectious, airbourne virus that killed 1% of those infected. Even if that 1% is driven up by those over 70. On top of that, they had no known vaccine or antibodies to fight it initially.

I just am having a hard time grasping this international scandel, where al the worlds governments,, scientists, doctors got together and decided to sink the world economy.

I am aa cynical as they come, but this obedient, complience arguement doesn't make sense. They already had the world by the short hairs by crippling us with debt, and a false sense of security.

Big business already owned the world. Unless it was a ploy to cull the so called weak in some sort of eugenics ploy, again I ask in all seriousness what you think is going on

Well, firstly...people in power are not smart by default. They got elected in some cases...in others they just happen to work for the government. So, if you look at the timeline of events...it was monkey see, monkey do. One government makes a stupid decision...it looks ok to the others...they copy it. When Sweden decided to go a different path everyone said they were crazy...so nobody in power wants to take the chance of following a crazy governments protocols right?

This is not some insidious plan by the elites as much as it is just plain incompetence by our leaders. And I assure you...they will double down again and again before admitting they destroyed a lot of peoples lives.

Ask yourself this question. Why am I NEVER hearing a contrarian argument to the "scientists" that are shaping our policy? You see Facebook and twitter silencing some scientists who take a different view...why is that? are they afraid the contrarian view makes sense?

There is no debate on anything anymore...not BLM...not Climate change...not the 'Rona...it's not allowed anymore and the only reason I can think of ...is that they are afraid the other scientists have a view that a lot of people would gravitate towards and they CANNOT have that or else they will start to be questioned.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I don't think you can have an honest Covid19 debate unless you discuss the political nature of some decisions. You are leaving out 1/2 of the story. From the very beginning the current go'v has made some really bad decisions. I guess I'm forced to end it there.

That's right. It's like having a Hockey forum where you can't discuss team management. Makes little sense.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Well, firstly...people in power are not smart by default. They got elected in some cases...in others they just happen to work for the government. So, if you look at the timeline of events...it was monkey see, monkey do. One government makes a stupid decision...it looks ok to the others...they copy it. When Sweden decided to go a different path everyone said they were crazy...so nobody in power wants to take the chance of following a crazy governments protocols right?

This is not some insidious plan by the elites as much as it is just plain incompetence by our leaders. And I assure you...they will double down again and again before admitting they destroyed a lot of peoples lives.

Ask yourself this question. Why am I NEVER hearing a contrarian argument to the "scientists" that are shaping our policy? You see Facebook and twitter silencing some scientists who take a different view...why is that? are they afraid the contrarian view makes sense?

There is no debate on anything anymore...not BLM...not Climate change...not the 'Rona...it's not allowed anymore and the only reason I can think of ...is that they are afraid the other scientists have a view that a lot of people would gravitate towards and they CANNOT have that or else they will start to be questioned.

Watch out, the insidious incompetents are about to double down. THEY CANNOT BE STOPPED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad