OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) II :Use Spoiler Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Thoroughly enjoying NHL 17 so far. Only got a few hours in of Franchise mode, but really liking the detail of being able to manage everything. Feels sort of like Roller Coaster Tycoon when dealing with setting prices and concessions; fans will rant/rave about pricing.

Not sure why this was a big deal to me but they finally changed the graphic overlay after you score a goal to say "#th goal of the season" instead of the number of goals scored in the game.

You can also customize each players' celebration, which is pretty cool.

Drafted my team in Draft Champions but didn't get to play. Seems interesting.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Thoroughly enjoying NHL 17 so far. Only got a few hours in of Franchise mode, but really liking the detail of being able to manage everything. Feels sort of like Roller Coaster Tycoon when dealing with setting prices and concessions; fans will rant/rave about pricing.

Not sure why this was a big deal to me but they finally changed the graphic overlay after you score a goal to say "#th goal of the season" instead of the number of goals scored in the game.

You can also customize each players' celebration, which is pretty cool.

Drafted my team in Draft Champions but didn't get to play. Seems interesting.

From what I've read they've fixed a bunch of things I've been complaining about for like 5 years now :laugh: that's offline and online play. One of them was the _th goal on the season.

What is Draft Champions?

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
From what I've read they've fixed a bunch of things I've been complaining about for like 5 years now :laugh: that's offline and online play. One of them was the _th goal on the season.

What is Draft Champions?

Have they fixed the problem where you get kicked out of a server when looking for matches. I seemed to get kicked once every 3-4 matches. Also they wanted 5 people ready but people kept going in and out and the ticker would have to restart.

Last edited:

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Have they fixed the problem where you get kicked out of a server when looking for matches. I seemed to get kicked once every 3-4 matches. Also they wanted 5 people ready but people kept going in and out and the ticker would have to restart.

I only played a couple games and yes, that seemed to be fixed. Also no more having to pause the game as soon as it loaded as you had to do with nhl16.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC

What is Draft Champions?

Draft Champions is basically a quick fantasy draft mode. You choose a theme from the beginning (it varies from young stars to NHL All Star alumni, over-30 players, etc.) you have 12 rounds to draft your team. In each round you pick a player from a random group of 4. Do this until you basically have your first 3 lines. After that you play I think a few games and earn rewards to HUT (I think). Then you can start all over.

A quick easy game mode for those who don't have time for Franchise mode but want to build a fantasy team.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I don't know how I feel about NHL 17. It's the first NHL game I've gotten since Marty was on the cover and it just seems like some things that I think could've been fixed haven't yet. First of all how come every defenseman sucks ass at pivoting? NHL defenseman can transition from skating backwards to forwards much much faster than what this game shows. Secondly, why do goalies skate so weirdly? I like to play goalie Be A Pro but going out to play the puck is torture. Who skates like that? Why is it so hard to control the puck after it bounces off the boards. If it's bouncing like a beach ball fine, but if it's just laying flat why are my Dmen having trouble controlling it?

I honestly feel like I'll give it a try for a little but and probably trade it in for FIFA 17 when that drops. I usually have more fun with the FIFA games anyway, maybe because I'm not a die hard soccer fan like I am hockey so I don't notice the little things that could be frustrating. Oh well, I'll keep myself entertained with the HUT market for now.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Vanguard 1 is alive!!! I cried when he came back on line, it was the most emotional moment in wrestling since Elizabeth reunited with Macho Man at WM VII.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So according to NHL 17 we still have Tedenby, Urbom, and Pesonen under contract.:laugh:

#bringbackthebom!

And Tedenby while we're at it. I also wouldn't mind seeing what the nose can do in Hynes system! Where is Brunner playing? Swiss league? He was noticeably absent from Team Europe in this current tournament. :laugh:

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Anyone else have a problem getting full lobbies in drop in games on Xbox? Rarely have I had one in the games I've gotten to play so far.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
So for the wrestling fans out there what is up with Baylay? Is she a female Eugene? Running around hugging everyone, stuttering on the mic, and the over blown enthusiasm for everything.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I can't wait for the new album from these guys. It's been a while since I've been this excited about music.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
So for the wrestling fans out there what is up with Baylay? Is she a female Eugene? Running around hugging everyone, stuttering on the mic, and the over blown enthusiasm for everything.

80s style super babyface/underdog character. At least for me, her character works (at least in NXT). After she got promoted, she kinda got rushed up into the Charlotte feud after Sasha needed a few weeks off.

Perhaps most importantly, she can work a good match. Sasha/Bayley at Takeover Brooklyn (2015) was tremendous.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Bayley is fun... not a bad wrestler and good personality. Her mic skills are lacking but she'll get better.

The woman I am impressed with is Alexa Bliss. I thought she was okay in NXT but now that she's on her own away from Blake and Murphy she is showing a lot of skill.... She had a contract signing for the Smackdown Women's Title match against Becky Lynch and her promo was awesome.... She didn't stumble over any words and was really good. Sasha and Bayley cut super awkward promos because they stumble over their words. I think Alexa will be a champ soon.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
80s style super babyface/underdog character. At least for me, her character works (at least in NXT). After she got promoted, she kinda got rushed up into the Charlotte feud after Sasha needed a few weeks off.

Perhaps most importantly, she can work a good match. Sasha/Bayley at Takeover Brooklyn (2015) was tremendous.

The match you cited is not just a good match. It is an amazing match. A match of the year level mag h.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad