OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) II :Use Spoiler Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I thought the pacing of the matches was weird. I am absolutely fine with Sasha and Charlotte closing the show... but their lead in was a dumb tag match?

I am just sick and tired of WWE treating us like morons. I like Owens and Jericho... but why can't we have a good match between two guys with a clean winner and no BS? When Charlotte was champ having Dana and Ric help her in EVERY MATCH is starting to look the same as Jericho helping Owens every match. WWE is cheapening the "accomplishments" of their champs. Then with Sasha and Charlotte, they put on a good match... but why the injury angle in the beginning? Everyone knows if a performer is really hurt, the ref will throw up an X to the back to let them know it's real. So we are to believe that Sasha pretty much had her back destroyed.... then as soon as they are about to call the match, she hops off the stretcher and is fine to run around and pull off moves without back pain?

The brand extension really screwed up the tag team division. All of the legit tag teams are in Smackdown. The only logical next step for Raw is to have Gallows and Anderson take the belts then feud with Enzo and Cass. I hope no one thought even for a second that the WWE would end New Day's 400+ day title run with a loss to a fake tag team. Predictable.

The only match where the outcome truly surprised me was the Cruiserweight match. I didn't think Perkins would drop the belt so quick. The problem with that match is that we've watched those two wrestle pretty much every week for the past two months. PPV's are supposed to be special. The crowd didn't give a crap about this match because we've watched it every week.

I am not a big injury fan also. Unless it is done in a previous show and is done with definite purpose and moving of a story along.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
So, I made the mistake of buying Skyrim Special Edition on my PS4 last night. So much for catching up on some Netflix/Amazon video. I forgot what a complete timesuck this game is. I started playing at 9 and the next thing I know it's 3 in the morning.

It kind of sucks that there aren't nearly as many mods (thanks Sony) but I still found a few that are pretty nice.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
So, I made the mistake of buying Skyrim Special Edition on my PS4 last night. So much for catching up on some Netflix/Amazon video. I forgot what a complete timesuck this game is. I started playing at 9 and the next thing I know it's 3 in the morning.

It kind of sucks that there aren't nearly as many mods (thanks Sony) but I still found a few that are pretty nice.

Yeah the whole mod thing sucks. Haven't picked it up yet as Witcher 3 is sucking up all my free time. Next its onto Fallout 4's DLC then back to the Witchers DLC.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I'm getting a commission check at the end of the week. I do several things in Real Estate... sales is a side gig.... Anyway... any time I get a commission, I buy myself one nice thing then put the rest of the $ away.

This time, I am debating between getting an Xbox One S (I have a 4k TV) or building a gaming PC. Does anyone here have experience building gaming PCs?

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
I'm getting a commission check at the end of the week. I do several things in Real Estate... sales is a side gig.... Anyway... any time I get a commission, I buy myself one nice thing then put the rest of the $ away.

This time, I am debating between getting an Xbox One S (I have a 4k TV) or building a gaming PC. Does anyone here have experience building gaming PCs?

Thing about 4k is that the technology isn't there. Most Movies aren't shot in 4k. Only thing on netflix that i know is 4k is a ****** Adam Sandler movie The ridiculous six. Games on consoles barely run 1080p at 60fps so developers wont be making 4k games till probably next console generation.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Thing about 4k is that the technology isn't there. Most Movies aren't shot in 4k. Only thing on netflix that i know is 4k is a ****** Adam Sandler movie The ridiculous six. Games on consoles barely run 1080p at 60fps so developers wont be making 4k games till probably next console generation.

There's actually a good amount on Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Youtube that are in 4k.

I know what you mean about the games... My choices are an Xbox one S for $299 or $1000 for am already built iBuypower or Cyberpc unit that can run games at ultra settings. I don't know if it's worth it. The HDR is nice.... I was playing Until Dawn on my PS4 hooked up to a 4K TV and the TV alone boost the graphics a little and the colors are really pronounced... especially the pitch black.

The thing that made me want a gaming PC is a video I saw of someone running Battlefield 1 at 8k with 120 FPS. It was down right stunning. That machine costs like 8 grand though haha.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Neegan is such a fun character

I hope his next kill is that weasel Dwight.

Can we at least get a flashback scene of him burning his face with the iron and saying "Your wife is mine now *****!"

I'm not sure what they're doing with that character. Seems like they were trying to make the audience have sympathy for him after episode 3.

I cringe every time they go out of their way to show Dwight's biceps, like he's supposed to be physically intimidating. Carl probably has bigger guns!

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
All these years, NHL Network's never been available to me in San Diego (unless I had a dish which is prohibited by our HOA). I saw that Spectrum/Time Warner had added it and I signed up to switch from Uverse.

Then I see this today:

Sigh, at least I'm saving $30/month.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
NHL Network really isn't that good anyway IMO. I only watch it because nobody else gives the NHL more than about a minute of air time.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
NHL Network really isn't that good anyway IMO. I only watch it because nobody else gives the NHL more than about a minute of air time.

It's nice having it as an option. They'll air a handful of junior games as well, plus the top prospects game and Memorial Cup. Ie, next Friday they'll be showing Mississauga in case anybody wants to watch McLeod/Bastian/Hague/Tippett/etc.

I typically had to go to a bar or invite myself over to friends' places to watch random things like the World Juniors or U18s.

Doesn't apply so much to the Devils, but it was annoying getting blacked out of games on GameCenter/NHL.tv which were being aired on NHL Network. Particularly annoying come playoff time.

Edit: It looks like NHL Network isn't on my current tier with Uverse. So I don't feel as bad for switching now.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Watching GT on Amazon and it is Top Gear. To be fair i haven't seen any of that other BBC motoring show so i can't compare the two shows.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Watching GT on Amazon and it is Top Gear. To be fair i haven't seen any of that other BBC motoring show so i can't compare the two shows.

The studio bits felt kind of off, but the on track segments were good as always. And of course all the Top Gear seasons are free on Prime after I've been buying them the last few months.:laugh:

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
The studio bits felt kind of off, but the on track segments were good as always. And of course all the Top Gear seasons are free on Prime after I've been buying them the last few months.:laugh:

I think that was their way of poking fun of the old show. Have to see how they do next week as "the News" and "Celebrity in Cars" segments were cut short.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Ok looks like WWE is pushing Reigns again *vomit*. He was perfect in the mid card.

They are NEVER going to stop. Also, it's annoying as hell the disrespect Raw shows the women's division. Just Sasha vs Charlotte every freaking week. The are about to re-debut a ruined version of Emma too. Why can't they have some competition? Have a tournament for the number one contender.... bring stables back.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Seen the trailer for The Last of Us Part II. Excited for it but damn it looks like they just stretched Ellie out. She looks so lanky for 19.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Seen the trailer for The Last of Us Part II. Excited for it but damn it looks like they just stretched Ellie out. She looks so lanky for 19.

You'd probably look a little crazy too never having electricity and running for your life every day haha.

I am so excited for that game. I watched the reveal and you could just hear the crowd freak out once they realized what game it was.

I've also read that Ellie is going to be the main character this time around. That will be interesting... but I am excited.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
WWE TLC was awesome. Although the Miz is a heel, hes trying real hard to get me to like him. I'm trying not to give in.,.. but he put in a hell of a performance.

I'm very happy Alexa Bliss won the title. She really has established herself in a short time.

The Ambrose-Styles was AMAZING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->